BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

• Backroom

Yeah tbf there were legit people asking for us to sign MGP, although I saw it more on those ridiculous FB groups than on here.  Was quite funny seeing Mowbray shoot it down with a 'come on now lads, he's 38'. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DE. said:

Yeah tbf there were legit people asking for us to sign MGP, although I saw it more on those ridiculous FB groups than on here.  Was quite funny seeing Mowbray shoot it down with a 'come on now lads, he's 38'. 

He was very cutting about it. They asked if Pedersen would train with the first team squad and he said something along the lines of "no, we are a professional football team preparing for a game" 

I reckon that would have cleared up any questions Peds may have had about his visit ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Any interest is a surprise.

Not a surprise at all just like when Henley moved.  He's also American so does not count against foreign player limits.  Presumably his salary is not too high to make it unreasonable for him to make a move.

Edited by awhom111

I thought Del would fall into the favs category to be honest. He was the one who told the manager he was now a centre half not a left back and he went in as one for a spell.  Maybe that cost us bringing another in.

Decent back up to have around on a modest contract but never first choice material now.

I always thought I would be excited to see Williams go. A useless football, just about ok at centre back, terrible at left back. I sometimes wonder if I viewed his centre back performances more positively then they were simply because they weren't utterly incompetent, which his left back displays often were.

And yet, the feeling of him going somehow makes me sad and worried - simply because he is the only defensive cover we have at centre back and left back. My word, Rovers can get even the correct decisions wrong. That'd leave us so lacking defenders it would be surreal. .

On the positive note for TM I'm sure we can put more midfielders in defence. And if it allowed us to sign someone better I'd be all for it. However as the Mulgrew debacle showed, getting rid of deadwood is only beneficial if someone replaces them.

• Like 2

Well, any hopes of us seeing him past this season are well and truly gone. Defenders like him are a rare breed - especially at this level. The way he can pick passes that bypass the midfield and find our attacking players is superb. Yes, they dont always come off but neither does the standard long bull punt that Lenihan does. 

• Backroom

He’s clearly going to be worth £10m or more in the current climate, similar to Mings who stood out in this league.

£20m is a bit crazy but that’s just how it is these days ridiculous prices so only premier league teams can afford 

£20m is nonsense but it’s the premium that playing for having a contract with a PL club adds. A while back, it was predicted that Bosman would eventually see an end to transfer fees but it seems to have gone the other way. Short-term thinking, with exorbitant fees being the cost of trying to defy gravity in the Icarusesque upward spiral of the ironically named “top flight”.

It’s a hell of a bump when you fall. Just ask Bolton, Sunderland, Portsmouth.

• Like 1