BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

29 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not in the present circumstances, I'd say.

Personally I would go down the route of trying to get in coaches, that will get the best out of what we have already got.

Definitely some merit in that. Just hope we haven’t missed the boat...

• Backroom

I know nothing about him other than he’s second choice at Rangers in the pub league but I see Wes Foderingham is out of contract

Sure I recall us being linked with him a year ago will be interesting to see if we go back in as back up / competition  

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I know nothing about him other than he’s second choice at Rangers in the pub league but I see Wes Foderingham is out of contract

Sure I recall us being linked with him a year ago will be interesting to see if we go back in as back up / competition  

I remember Di Canio hanging him out to dry a few years ago.....I think it was di canio 

Sensible considering his performances this season and with money at a premium. The one player out of contract who desperately needs to stay.

Graham is an interesting one, I think ordinarily he would need to go, but with the cost of the pandemic hitting and the alternatives being Gallagher and Brereton we may have little choice but to sign him up.

Bell, Smallwood, Samuel and Leutwiler should be let go for sure.

Edited by roversfan99

14 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

To misquote Jack, why do you need Lyle Taylor, when you have got Ben Brereton/Sam Gallagher/Dom Samuel?

When Jack made his quote, we were in a good position both financially and in the league. At present we do not have those luxuries. That is why we have to get the best out of what we already have.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

When Jack made his quote, we were in a good position both financially and in the league. At present we do not have those luxuries. That is why we have to get the best out of what we already have.

I guess I was being ironic. I don't believe for one second that Brereton, Samuel or Gallagher are good enough!

42 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I guess I was being ironic. I don't believe for one second that Brereton, Samuel or Gallagher are good enough!

I still think the coaching we have is not getting the best out of players, that notwithstanding your opinion , have persuaded numerous managers that they are good enough. This is not limited to the players that you mentioned.

36 minutes ago, rigger said:

I still think the coaching we have is not getting the best out of players, that notwithstanding your opinion , have persuaded numerous managers that they are good enough. This is not limited to the players that you mentioned.

Not sure about the persuasion of "numerous managers".

Take Samuel, for instance. He has been given contracts by Reading and Rovers and been loaned out 5 times. Of his 21 goals, 8 have been scored at Championship level ( after a quick scan of Wiki!)

Brereton is interesting in that he made 53 appearances for Forest, as a very young player, indeed. So they must have thought he was good, (but not necessarily £7 million good lol)

Meanwhile, Sam Gallagher seems to have enjoyed his best-ever return as a very young player in a piss poor, Owen Coyle Rovers team.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Sensible considering his performances this season and with money at a premium. The one player out of contract who desperately needs to stay.

Graham is an interesting one, I think ordinarily he would need to go, but with the cost of the pandemic hitting and the alternatives being Gallagher and Brereton we may have little choice but to sign him up.

Bell, Smallwood, Samuel and Leutwiler should be let go for sure.

Downing's performances have outstanding this season and our player of the season follow by Armstrong who since Mowbray decide to play him upfront he has been revelation and is number 1 pick in the striker spot. 

I would expect Bell's contract to be extended by 12 months. 

Graham I think would to stay aswell. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Downing's performances have outstanding this season and our player of the season follow by Armstrong who since Mowbray decide to play him upfront he has been revelation and is number 1 pick in the striker spot. 

I would expect Bell's contract to be extended by 12 months. 

Graham I think would to stay aswell. 

There has to be better players even out of contract or on loan than Bell who has been aggravating us all for 2 and a half years with his ineptness and constant mistakes.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There has to be better players even out of contract or on loan than Bell who has been aggravating us all for 2 and a half years with his ineptness and constant mistakes.

We don't know our budget is for next season. 

I would keep Bell as a back up. I would be targeting Ryan Manning for the left back spot from QPR. I seen Lancs Live did a article on possible left back to target and one name they mention is Demetri Mitchell from Man Utd. I don't know anything from him before I did a google search and he has played at England under 16, under 17, under 18 and under 20 levels 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would keep Bell as a back up. I would be targeting Ryan Manning for the left back spot from QPR. I seen Lancs Live did a article on possible left back to target and one name they mention is Demetri Mitchell from Man Utd. I don't know anything from him before I did a google search and he has played at England under 16, under 17, under 18 and under 20 levels 

So has Ben Brereton. Jason Lowe was England under 21 captain!

Bell is shite. For me giving him a contact is throwing money down the drain.

One player who I can see spending his last season playing behind closed doors football for his mate Mowbray is another ancient player with a sweet left foot, Chris Brunt who has been released by West Brom. Not who I would go for but would take over Bell.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brunt was a really good player in his day but I'd give him a swerve now. His age is against him.

Oh absolutely. I certainly wouldnt advocate his signing, him, Downing and Johnson down the left would be over a combined aged of 100. Was just pointing out that even at his age if it was between him and Bell I would still go for Brunt even now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

So has Ben Brereton. Jason Lowe was England under 21 captain!

Bell is shite. For me giving him a contact is throwing money down the drain.

One player who I can see spending his last season playing behind closed doors football for his mate Mowbray is another ancient player with a sweet left foot, Chris Brunt who has been released by West Brom. Not who I would go for but would take over Bell.

The cardiff guy is coming back. Cunningham 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Someone told me he'd enrolled on a sports  course at UCLAN statting September  

Could mean anything though really, former Preston player, loads of clubs in Lancs/GManchester that he could end up at. Would be delighted if we got him but the main issue is, if Bell goes, we'll be paying a "you're desperate for a left back" premium to Cardiff because they know we HAVE to fill that gap. 

On 04/06/2020 at 19:47, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we do. The accounts tell us that to stay FFP compliant we need to sell. The golden goose is crocked and the virus put pay to the rest.

The budget stands at minus £15 million.

The only hope is the teams above us have positive tests on their key players and Mowbray wins the PL lotto.