BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why you keep these kinds of judgements and comments I have no idea cos I think you are trying to wind up. 

We have no idea what will happen this transfer window. We have gaps in our squad that need filling this next transfer window. We might to sell a player or 2 to suit FFP rules but the those rules might be relax

Chelsea being linked Sancho for 100 million or Man Utd linked with King which will help us if we have sell on clause. Everton will go big again. Palace might have to sell Zaha. 

You mention Toney, well back in January Bournemouth and Brentford was both linked with him. Brentford have the money cos of their sales they done over the last 2 years. 

Plus teams coming down from PL will spend you would think to get promote. 

It is a bit different for Chelsea, a Premier League club owned by a oil rich benefactor. United and Everton are rich too and Premier League clubs. Thats a totally different market really.

To be honest, if Rovers started splashing the cash (which they wont) it would just further highlight how unjust it was from Waggott yesterday begging, pleading and guilt tripping the fanbase.

You would think we would want to sell players anyway based on how desperate the aforementioned statement was, but who is going to buy our players? I don't think any of our players will seriously attract Premier League clubs and there certainly isnt going to be clubs with money to blow in the Football League.

It cannot be a normal market, aside from signing a freebie keeper and maybe a centre back, surely we do not have the luxury to be signing other positions, its all about stability and survival. If our CEO is begging fans not to get refunds of £60 then surely things are really desperate.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a bit different for Chelsea, a Premier League club owned by a oil rich benefactor. United and Everton are rich too and Premier League clubs. Thats a totally different market really.

To be honest, if Rovers started splashing the cash

You would think we would want to sell players anyway based on how desperate the aforementioned statement was, but who is going to buy our players? I don't think any of our players will seriously attract Premier League clubs and there certainly isnt going to be clubs with money to blow in the Football League.

It cannot be a normal market, aside from signing a freebie keeper and maybe a centre back, surely we do not have the luxury to be signing other positions, its all about stability and survival.

Yes Money finds it way down the leagues depends on signings. Like I said if Man Utd do sign King from Bournemouth and we have sell on clause that money will find it to us. Then depends on other clubs and how they spend money. 

I have nowhere said the Rovers will started splashing the cash anywhere in my post have I? So comments like that are very misleading and false to post on here. 

Well if you look at the accounts Rovers are going to sell one or 2 key players to meet FFP rules. We have 5 sellable assets at the club in my opinion. Those are Dack, Armstrong, Lenihan, Travis and Nyambe. I can see clubs being interested in those. I would deffo keep Armstrong as I think he is best striker we got and his pace and finishing quality is what we need to get promotion. Rovers and Mowbray have to decide the best way going forward

Well if you read JB post on how we could make a couple of low cost signings. I aint expecting the club to spend millions and I don't think we need to be honest. We probably need 4 or 5 signings, with 2 of those being Keepers, Left back, centre back and right winger. That is before any key departures

I wouldn't be any contract extensions to any out of contract players apart from Downing and Graham(on a very much reduced terms). Smallwood, Luetwiler, Samuel should be show the door. I would also be offering Brereton to other clubs. He has been a massive disappointment and I expected much better for him after seeing him perform in a couple of games. Wonder if Warburton would be interested in him after having him at Forest. Can we get better Bell as first choice left back? I would really hope so even from the free market or loan market. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Has there been anything from the club in regards to the numerous players out of contract at the end of the month? In terms not of their future next season, but 

Again considering the supposed financial vulnerability at the moment, you would think that a ruthless approach would be taken on the players.

QPR are the latest club to make financially driven decisions on contracts, Marc Pugh has been released even though he has played fairly regularly as they cant afford to extend his contract.

I think Walton and Adarabioyo will be needed for sure. Downing is needed too, he will get another year. The rest are up in the air. Bell definitely shouldnt get an extra year, but maybe we need him for the last 9 games as a left back though. Graham is a difficult one, could go either way, if hes on decent wages though maybe its a luxury we cant afford. Smallwood and Samuel I think it is clear that we dont need. Leutwiler isnt good enough anyway, I would be happy to have a young keeper on the bench and not pay him for an extra month. 

Releasing Smallwood, Samuel and Leutwiler might save 50k over the next month, and if they was to release Graham, that might almost double. The wages are total guesses but that would be a decent saving and potentially 1.5k refunds if things really are as desperate as is claimed.

If players like Smallwood got a small extension even for 9 games when they almost certainly wont play, it would make further mockery of the approach towards refunds and the pleading of poverty.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Has there been anything from the club in regards to the numerous players out of contract at the end of the month? In terms not of their future next season, but 

Again considering the supposed financial vulnerability at the moment, you would think that a ruthless approach would be taken on the players.

QPR are the latest club to make financially driven decisions on contracts, Marc Pugh has been released even though he has played fairly regularly as they cant afford to extend his contract.

I think Walton and Adarabioyo will be needed for sure. Downing is needed too, he will get another year. The rest are up in the air. Bell definitely shouldnt get an extra year, but maybe we need him for the last 9 games as a left back though. Graham is a difficult one, could go either way, if hes on decent wages though maybe its a luxury we cant afford. Smallwood and Samuel I think it is clear that we dont need. Leutwiler isnt good enough anyway, I would be happy to have a young keeper on the bench and not pay him for an extra month. 

Releasing Smallwood, Samuel and Leutwiler might save 50k over the next month, and if they was to release Graham, that might almost double. The wages are total guesses but that would be a decent saving and potentially 1.5k refunds if things really are as desperate as is claimed.

If players like Smallwood got a small extension even for 9 games when they almost certainly wont play, it would make further mockery of the approach towards refunds and the pleading of poverty.

Out of contract players receive a month's wages if they have not found a new club by the end of July.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be any contract extensions to any out of contract players apart from Downing and Graham(on a very much reduced terms). Smallwood, Luetwiler, Samuel should be show the deal.

I'm sure you meant they should be shown the door. Sadly, I won't be surprised if one or two of them are shown the deal...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have no idea on budgets at our club for next season. 

I would take him. it appears that he has a move line up. Don't know where

Given we are told to save the club and our owners by buying cardboard cut outs have a guess what our budget might look like with FFP and possible salary cap based on our income ???

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think it gives it away when the CEO has to beg the fans not to consider claiming a refund of 60 quid to help to save the club!

• Moderation Lead
51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’m not a fortune teller, but if the club are encouraging us not to seek refunds and are going to lose ticket revenue for the rest of this season and most likely the start of next, I’d guess it won’t be a big war chest like Nicko used to tease us with....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not a fortune teller, but if the club are encouraging us not to seek refunds and are going to lose ticket revenue for the rest of this season and most likely the start of next, I’d guess it won’t be a big war chest like Nicko used to tease us with....

I've never said a war chest would be available tho K-Hod. I would expect a sale of one or two of these players like Armstrong, Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis to suit the FFP rules. Mowbray need to smart and clever in the transfer market. Will we focus move on the foreign market? I not expecting millions spend on one player. It will low fee signings, loans and frees if we can with the FFP rules. We need the EFL to sort out whether the FFP rules will be relax or rid off. 

48 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Given we are told to save the club and our owners by buying cardboard cut outs have a guess what our budget might look like with FFP and possible salary cap based on our income ???

Any salary cap wouldn't come in but be phase in over a couple of seasons. 

Are the FFP rules going to be relaxed? 

I see Chelsea want Brentford's Benrahma for 30 million pounds plus Arsenal and Leicester. So that's will allow Brentford to spend on players. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've never said a war chest would be available tho K-Hod. I would expect a sale of one or two of these players like Armstrong, Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis to suit the FFP rules. Mowbray need to smart and clever in the transfer market. 

Do you? 

If you're expecting Mowbray to wheel and deal his way to success I suspect you'll be sorely disappointed I'm afraid.

What's happening to the much vaunted set up of our European scouting operation which seems to have been in the offing for eons now. Still not had enough time to set it up?

• Like 1

There's several out of contract players, let's say Richie Smallwood, Jayson Leutwiler and some others go, that frees up wages for free transfers. Outside of any financial struggles in terms of the refund situation, we will probably still be somewhat active. Players out of contract will have to take what they can get if clubs haven't got the cash to throw £20k pw at them.