BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

39 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

very predictable.

pure desperation.

To be fair I'm not sure we can call it desperation. It sounds like the option was triggered sometime ago by promotion, rather than a lack of funds so we'll make do. 

Bell is bang average, we should be looking to get a real left back in this summer, but signing Bell up for another year tells me we probably won't bother and go with him or Williams there for next season.

Plus, it's another roadblock in front of Lewis Thompson who we should be really looking to get involved with the first team picture this season.

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Do you? 

If you're expecting Mowbray to wheel and deal his way to success I suspect you'll be sorely disappointed I'm afraid.

What's happening to the much vaunted set up of our European scouting operation which seems to have been in the offing for eons now. Still not had enough time to set it up?

The fire went out.

Bell isn’t bad as a back up, saves us having to spend more money or risk a free agent in the summer. I still very much expect us to sign a first team left back. 

Ayala would be class but may be out of our wage budget, anyone know if he played under TM at somepoint?

6 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Bell isn’t bad as a back up, saves us having to spend more money or risk a free agent in the summer. I still very much expect us to sign a first team left back. 

Ayala would be class but may be out of our wage budget, anyone know if he played under TM at somepoint?

Linked with Leeds it's not gunna happen.

30 minutes ago, TruRover said:

He joined Middlesbrough as TM left, but TM was the one who organised the deal apparently.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've never said a war chest would be available tho K-Hod. I would expect a sale of one or two of these players like Armstrong, Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis to suit the FFP rules. Mowbray need to smart and clever in the transfer market. Will we focus move on the foreign market? I not expecting millions spend on one player. It will low fee signings, loans and frees if we can with the FFP rules. We need the EFL to sort out whether the FFP rules will be relax or rid off. 

Any salary cap wouldn't come in but be phase in over a couple of seasons. 

Are the FFP rules going to be relaxed? 

I see Chelsea want Brentford's Benrahma for 30 million pounds plus Arsenal and Leicester. So that's will allow Brentford to spend on players. 

This is the worst time in years to sell one of our key assets, in terms of the market. (Apart from when we were in league one)

We would get far below the usual prices.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Forget Ayala those wages would be huge. Il throw a name about Bailey Wright went up with pne became a no nonsense type centre back went to Bristol city for 3.5 million finished last few months of the season at Sunderland racking up the motm awards. He’s on a free this summer, Australian international, I’d suggest that would be more realistic if we even actually do look at anyone.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes a free agent, very injury prone and had to go into League 1 to get game time but as you say I suspect he is far more realistic.

I think the drop down was because he went there injured. Back issue. 100 appearances at this level in 4 years isn’t too bad for someone who found themselves 4th choice at Brizzle and the aforementioned details.

Just now, neophox said:

Jack Baldwin available on a free from Sunderland, more like our budget. 26 year old central defender who has been steady in many years. But Ayala would be a class signing and a captain material...

Was Baldwin at Peterborough? It's an okay deal for free I guess but nothing like a replacement for Tosin.

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Jack Baldwin available on a free from Sunderland, more like our budget. 26 year old central defender who has been steady in many years. But Ayala would be a class signing and a captain material...

Not sure hes good enough for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neophox said:

I’m pretty sure he’s been awful over the last couple of season, makes loads of mistakes unless I’m thinking of the wrong player. 

Would steer well clear, we need much better.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I’m pretty sure he’s been awful over the last couple of season, makes loads of mistakes unless I’m thinking of the wrong player. 

Would steer well clear, we need much better.

Think that’s him. Pretty much got chased out of the side by the fans. Looked a shell of a man as a result in the documentary.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

"If we had a half decent recruitment team he is easily replaceable"

Most comments on there seem to be about the overall situation and their issues with ownership, but that is hardly a glowing endorsement.

Then again, a League 1 keeper who has spent part of this season out of this team due to poor form, with an underwhelming CV and soon to be 33, I am not sure we can expect miracles.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

"If we had a half decent recruitment team he is easily replaceable"

Most comments on there seem to be about the overall situation and their issues with ownership, but that is hardly a glowing endorsement.

Then again, a League 1 keeper who has spent part of this season out of this team due to poor form, with an underwhelming CV and soon to be 33, I am not sure we can expect miracles.

Mowbray is a miracle worker with goalkeepers! Getting rid of Raya (one if not the best keeper in the Championship) and then loaning a keeper who's not better than Raya. Then signing a keeper who can't get into a mid table league 1 side. Confident he will be an insane signing.