BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

On 19/06/2020 at 20:53, Stuart said:

It certainly would have been news if he hadn’t started until the end of the season.

The only thing worse than having Walton as our number one is the prospect that next season’s number one will be worse.

At any club with ambitions of promotion he’d be a number two.

Or 3

• Like 1

No sentiment with Hart though no keeping him around whilst he gets fixed up, is good to have about the place, is a nice lad etc etc.

Times up, thanks all the best in the future. 

Proper management. 

• Like 6

Ok so I think we are still 4 players away from a top 4 Championship side.. 

My view is we need..

GK (Obviously)

LB (Omari has picked up yes, but only because his contract is up for renewal, he's been average before that.. that said I'd keep him as back up)

CB (if we cant extent the Tosin) 

RB (Nyambe needs an understudy, Bennett isn't good enough if we want to be top 4)

ST (we need to replace Gallacher, he's never going to be first team striker!)

Oops thats 5! 

50 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Ok so I think we are still 4 players away from a top 4 Championship side.. 

My view is we need..

GK (Obviously)

LB (Omari has picked up yes, but only because his contract is up for renewal, he's been average before that.. that said I'd keep him as back up)

CB (if we cant extent the Tosin) 

RB (Nyambe needs an understudy, Bennett isn't good enough if we want to be top 4)

ST (we need to replace Gallacher, he's never going to be first team striker!)

Oops thats 5! 

Agree largely, i do think the CB position needs 2, Toisin plus a new quality one to replace Del.

33 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Hart seems too arrogant to drop down to championship. Think he still sees himself as top tier player, either here or abroad. Would be a gamble especially with his wages. 

Nah, I reckon he has lost his love of the game and will just chase the best pay packet before his stock falls too much. Which may have the same result of not dropping down.

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

No sentiment with Hart though no keeping him around whilst he gets fixed up, is good to have about the place, is a nice lad etc etc.

Times up, thanks all the best in the future. 

Proper management. 

Wether you like Dyche or not you know where you stand with him.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No to Hart. 

Think Angus Gunn could be a good loan signing for us for no1 keeper spot next season depending on wages and loan fee

Ain't gona happen. Your mate nicko has said mclaughlin will be no1 with a back up keeper in talks. 

On 20/06/2020 at 05:53, Stuart said:

It certainly would have been news if he hadn’t started until the end of the season.

The only thing worse than having Walton as our number one is the prospect that next season’s number one will be worse.

At any club with ambitions of promotion he’d be a number two.

Agree, too many mistakes.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

End of June

Daily Mail are reporting Rovers are drawing up a contract for Jon McLaughlin. 

https://the72.co.uk/174525/blackburn-rovers-drawing-up-contract-offer-for-sunderland-goalkeeper/

Cheers.

The keeper situation is pretty worrying that we won't have any on the books in 8 games time. 

Also, with the way Venkys operate, we never seem to have our ducks in a row before hand. 

I know it's a radical idea and all but have we ever though of perhaps spending money on getting a good permanent keeper? The last 3 keepers have made clangers that have cost us points, 2 have had potential but one was shipped out and the other isnt ours so his potential is irrelevant. A good keeper can make a huge difference to the team and save you a lot of points (even if in not costing stupid goals.) A good keeper would be my number 1 priority - pardon the pun. 

I also think whilst defensively we very clearly need reinforcements - a good lb and CB are essential - that the striker situation isn't that great. Sure we have numbers, which we don't in defence which makes it even more of a priority, most of our strikers aren't very good.  Armstrong is great and Graham is proven at this level. But Graham is aging and Bereton, Gally and Samuel are at best decent and quite a way off proving to be decent at a consistent level. Wouldn't really want any of them on the books if honest. 

However at least they are there and in the squad next year - the defenders aren't... 

• Like 1

Some thinking Hart will end up at Boro so if there's a Boro connection there TM might be sniffing around. With the way things might go though Hart will be in for a shock next time he asks for a wage.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Some thinking Hart will end up at Boro so if there's a Boro connection there TM might be sniffing around. With the way things might go though Hart will be in for a shock next time he asks for a wage.

I think you are right he will get a heck of a shock. I get the impression (it could be wrong) that he still sees himself as an international class keeper who has had a bit of bad luck and is unfairly treated. As it is he is a bang average keeper who was never as good as he thought he was. This is evidenced by 3 failed spells away from the protection and prowess of a super talented and rich City team. He's now second choice at a very mediocre Premiership club which should give him a clue as to his level. Whether he picks up on that is another story. 

That said a bang average premier league-ish back up keeper is a hell of a lot better than anything else we have had in a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I think you are right he will get a heck of a shock. I get the impression (it could be wrong) that he still sees himself as an international class keeper who has had a bit of bad luck and is unfairly treated. As it is he is a bang average keeper who was never as good as he thought he was. This is evidenced by 3 failed spells away from the protection and prowess of a super talented and rich City team. He's now second choice at a very mediocre Premiership club which should give him a clue as to his level. Whether he picks up on that is another story. 

That said a bang average premier league-ish back up keeper is a hell of a lot better than anything else we have had in a while. 

Not many international players who have fallen as fast as Hart. Seems like a total nobhead to be fair. All went wrong for him after that Iceland game where he was an embarssment in the tunnel.