BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not many international players who have fallen as fast as Hart. Seems like a total nobhead to be fair. All went wrong for him after that Iceland game where he was an embarssment in the tunnel.

Agree with all this although tbh I don't think he was that good in the first place. Remember watching him play for Birmingham (?) and having all sorts of problems with high balls and Pedersen's inswinging corners. 

Think his character must be a bit suspect as it cannot be on solely ability - and without any serious injuries either and age isn't a factor - to go from Champions League team to average premier league te reserve. That said in counter I think he hasn't perhaps fallen in ability as much as he has in perception/situation. But even so it's a hell of a fall in perception and situation nonetheless. 

Joe Hart coming here is absolute fantasy land stuff, up there with Ayala.

For everyone questioning him though, even now he's miles better than anyone else we had in that position in the last 10 years.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Cheers.

The keeper situation is pretty worrying that we won't have any on the books in 8 games time. 

Also, with the way Venkys operate, we never seem to have our ducks in a row before hand. 

Well Mowbray has known this since last summer and hopefully we get the best keeper possible through the scouting we done in the last 12 months. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well Mowbray has known this since last summer and hopefully we get the best keeper possible through the scouting we done in the last 12 months. 

Itd be a surprise surely if that was the 33 year old dropped earlier in the season by League 1 Sunderland due to poor form and with only one season at Championship level.

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure how you can base reassurance and everything being fine based on what might happen. 

Our scouting of keepers last year didn't pay off at all, so I'm not all that optimistic. (Based on the evidence of last year.)

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Itd be a surprise surely if that was the 33 year old dropped earlier in the season by League 1 Sunderland due to poor form and with only one season at Championship level.

Yes he had poor form spell like most players do. But he regained his place and performed very well according to Sunderland fans. 

Mowbray wants an keeper and if McLaughlin fits the bill base on the criteria he has set for that position then fair enough. I'm havent seen enough games of his this season to give a proper comment. 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What happened in the tunnel?

As the teams were lining up for the game alongside one another in the tunnel he was jumping up and down and saying stuff like "were going to smash them" and "were way too good". Highly disrespectful to the Icelanders, and ultimately an embarrassment of hubris.

Edited by joey_big_nose

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

As the teams were lining up for the game alongside one another in the tunnel he was jumping up and down and saying stuff like "were going to smash them" and "were way too good". Highly disrespectful to the Icelanders, and ultimately an embarrassment of hubris.

OMG! Must have missed that. I assume that was a game in which he made a boob? (An embarrassment of hubris is right up there up there with a murder of crows..)

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

OMG! Must have missed that. I assume that was a game in which he made a boob? (An embarrassment of hubris is right up there up there with a murder of crows..)

Well it's probably our worst ever result in a major tournament and he was poor. Got quite a lot of stick for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-vs-iceland-reaction-too-rich-too-famous-too-much-ego-joe-hart-epitomises-everything-that-is-a7106591.html%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-giggs-says-joe-hart-10103381.amp

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wont Joe Hart go to USA and play for Inter Miami now? 

You’ve written this like you have some insider scoop, the reality is you’ve read the newspapers today. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

You’ve written this like you have some insider scoop, the reality is you’ve read the newspapers today. 

It was rumoured months ago Josh. Back in December time last year. Here the link to article I read at the time. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10602848/joe-hart-inter-miami-david-beckham/

I havent read the newspapers today. I dont pay to read a newspaper. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It was rumoured months ago Josh. Back in February time. 

I havent read the newspapers today. I dont pay to read a newspaper. 

I know it’s been rumoured for months. My point is perhaps it would be more true to post “the papers have said for months Hart will go to Inter Miami”. I’m trying to stop fake news, that’s all.

58 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Slaughtered!

But as for Giggs saying Hart "went too far", I guess his own brother might say a similar thing about him!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

I know it’s been rumoured for months. My point is perhaps it would be more true to post “the papers have said for months Hart will go to Inter Miami”. I’m trying to stop fake news, that’s all.

fair enough Josh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/24/joe-hart-all-i-want-is-to-be-a-big-part-of-a-club-hope-burns-through-me

Good he's doing some charity but the following article perhaps shows why he is out of the picture. He still thinks he should be playing for Burnley even though the team.statistically did so much better overnight when he was dropped! I think he is a tad optimistic thinking he will get a club in la Liga or Germany given he can't get in the Burnely team. Doesn't sound like he is learning or has much self awareness. 

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I think you are right he will get a heck of a shock. I get the impression (it could be wrong) that he still sees himself as an international class keeper who has had a bit of bad luck and is unfairly treated. As it is he is a bang average keeper who was never as good as he thought he was. This is evidenced by 3 failed spells away from the protection and prowess of a super talented and rich City team. He's now second choice at a very mediocre Premiership club which should give him a clue as to his level. Whether he picks up on that is another story. 

That said a bang average premier league-ish back up keeper is a hell of a lot better than anything else we have had in a while. 

I honestly think James was a far better keeper than Hart. He had his fair share of ups and downs but had more about him.

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I honestly think James was a far better keeper than Hart. He had his fair share of ups and downs but had more about him.

I think James was terrible too. I know the media had an image of him which didn't help but from what I saw away from the hype he still looked pretty poor to me. England went from having a raft of great keepers of the Seaman, Martyn and Flowers era to a long period of absolute duffers. Not sure why this is really. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I think James was terrible too. I know the media had an image of him which didn't help but from what I saw away from the hype he still looked pretty poor to me. England went from having a raft of great keepers of the Seaman, Martyn and Flowers era to a long period of absolute duffers. Not sure why this is really. 

Robbo was a pretty good keeper in his pomp, but the fact that he got around 40 odd caps in an era before being dropped in his 20s shows how the quality dropped off. 

No expert, but it does seem we still produce plenty of good young keepers but few kick on to be consistently at the top level. Going back a bit now, but there's been Carson, Kirkland, Hart, Foster, Butland, Forster and probably about half a dozen others who looked they could be the real deal and for different reasons either didn't develop or couldn't do it consistently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Just shows what a hype job Hart is when the likes of James is better.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Robbo was a pretty good keeper in his pomp, but the fact that he got around 40 odd caps in an era before being dropped in his 20s shows how the quality dropped off. 

No expert, but it does seem we still produce plenty of good young keepers but few kick on to be consistently at the top level. Going back a bit now, but there's been Carson, Kirkland, Hart, Foster, Butland, Forster and probably about half a dozen others who looked they could be the real deal and for different reasons either didn't develop or couldn't do it consistently. 

Besides Hart , not many English goalkeepers play for the very best teams ....

Maybe this modern craze of keepers , having to be able to play out , doesn't help  ..

Give me a Brad Friedel any day of the week..