BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, Tom said:

Still reckon we’ll end up the lad released by Rangers, Foderingham is it?

Me too and he’d be excellent. Reminds me of Jason Brown a bit in terms of physique and height. Both have or had reflexes of a cat

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I'd be shocked if Walton didn't stay. 

I hope. Seemingly the only option left that would be in any way "okay".

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Me too and he’d be excellent. Reminds me of Jason Brown a bit in terms of physique and height. Both have or had reflexes of a cat

I don't see how a fourth choice goalkeeper at Rangers would be excellent. Rangers have just signed McLaughlin, a keeper we all agreed is bang average, and now the guy that's supposedly even worse than him is being regarded as excellent?

Karl Darlow is available on a free, as is Joe Hart. What about John Ruddy on loan? Almost all of the rumours, like that Cornell at Northampton and like Foderingham are just poor. I really hope the club pull something out of the bag, otherwise it'll be Andy Fisher in net come the first game of the new season (whenever that may be)

32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I hope. Seemingly the only option left that would be in any way "okay".

Seemingly the only option left that would in anyway be ok?Talk about hyperbole

We don't even know what division we will be in next year?We don't know who is or isn't being looked at for the goalkeepers position.

If on the off chance we do get promoted then I don't believe we would have gone into the season with McLaughlin as our number 1.

He has decided to go to Rangers and because of that we have no other options??

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Shit ones. McLaughlin's just signed for Rangers. Crikey.

That's how you do it. I don't know if there were rumours about Rangers before today, but they were quiet enough that this is the first I've seen. And bam, done same day.

I can really see the keeper next year ending up being the Canadian or another brought in in desperation who's a step down from Walton.

Hands might end up tied now because of new circumstances but it's another example of piss poor planning sadly.

• Like 1

We will be in more trouble as a club than just defensive issues if Leutwiler is first choice next season. It’s fairly obvious that TM doesn’t rate him, so it would only be severe financial restraints that would see him between the sticks. 

Edited by Mattyblue

54 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Seemingly the only option left that would in anyway be ok?Talk about hyperbole

We don't even know what division we will be in next year?We don't know who is or isn't being looked at for the goalkeepers position.

If on the off chance we do get promoted then I don't believe we would have gone into the season with McLaughlin as our number 1.

He has decided to go to Rangers and because of that we have no other options??

Didnt something similar happen last season ?, thats how we ended up with Walton..

Whoever we were confident of signing didnt , for whatever reason and I have no idea , who it was ...

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

Joe Hart isn't coming here next season. We're signing McLaughlin, it's practically done by a number of accounts.

11 hours ago, J*B said:

McLaughlin in talks with Rangers according to Twitter

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

McLaughlin has signed for Rangers

Well that was fun while it lasted.

And by ‘fun’ I mean depressing and by ‘while it lasted’ I mean even more depressing.

I dread to think who will be our keeper next season.

I agree with Darrenbot that we need to wait before committing to any signings for next season as we don't know if we get promote or not. Now this wont stop our recruitment team and staff scouting, researching and formulating different transfer plans and targets for next season. You would hope that Mowbray has decide on the positions we need new signings in after the seasons finish. 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with Darrenbot that we need to wait before committing to any signings for next season as we don't know if we get promote or not. Now this wont stop our recruitment team and staff scouting, researching and formulating different transfer plans and targets for next season. You would hope that Mowbray has decide on the positions we need new signings in after the seasons finish. 

We need a goalkeeper and even if we are promoted we won’t be buying a PL standard one.

I just hope we learned from last season and have more than one target.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We need a goalkeeper and even if we are promoted we won’t be buying a PL standard one.

I just hope we learned from last season and have more than one target.

Very judgemental there Stuart. 

Yes we need 2 keepers this summer whatever division but you cant sign anyone now cos we dont know which league we in. 

We have 2 targets last summer to replace Raya but neither happened due to different circumstances. Walton has improved over the season and hasnt been any worse than Raya was for us.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very judgemental there Stuart. 

Yes we need 2 keepers this summer whatever division but you cant sign anyone now cos we dont know which league we in. 

We have 2 targets last summer to replace Raya but neither happened due to different circumstances. Walton has improved over the season and hasnt been any worse than Raya was for us.

That doesn’t change anything in my post.

Walton is a poor keeper and we are lucky that Lenihan and Tosin have formed a good partnership.

57 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well that was fun while it lasted.

And by ‘fun’ I mean depressing and by ‘while it lasted’ I mean even more depressing.

I dread to think who will be our keeper next season.

Our dillying and dallying might bizarrely work in our favour if the unthinkable happens and we sneak up via the play offs.

We'd be looking at a totally different calibre of replacement across the board.

• Like 1