BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, roversfan99 said:

What? Your main defence is that we dont want to be lumbered with players signed with a Championship season in mind on the off chance that we gain unlikely promotion. Fair enough, but be consistent and surely criticise the decision to renew Bells contract for the same reason.

You mention my repeated questions to Nixon? So what questions considering I've asked 3 questions in the last 14 days? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mention my repeated questions to Nixon? So what questions considering I've asked 3 questions in the last 14 days? 

If that is the case its 3 questions more than someone would ask who has mo interest in transfers before the end of the season. Good swerve of the Bell hypocrisy question though!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not flaw at all as he is already at the club, and no guarantee he would have sign an extension. 

What questions to Nixon? I've asked 3 questions in the last 14 days to him. 

There's no guarantee that the keeper would sign either. That's a terrible, terrible non argument. In fact already being here makes it more likely for him to stay. As usual you have been caught out with the double standards. Being at the club and maybe not signing an extension is just as uncertain as the keeper not signing. In fact it's less so as there's the bonus of familiarity and benefit of not moving. You might as well say it's a good move because we play in blue and white, or because I had pizza for dinner. It has just as much credibility. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What? Your main defence is that we dont want to be lumbered with players signed with a Championship season in mind on the off chance that we gain unlikely promotion. Fair enough, but be consistent and surely criticise the decision to renew Bells contract for the same reason.

Spot on and well summed up.

I mean I wouldn't keep Bell in this division much less the other one. Although given TMs spotted transfer record and not being able to spend money on defenders (and not having any next season) I can see why they did. Still think we should be aiming for better though. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If that is the case its 3 questions more than someone would ask who has mo interest in transfers before the end of the season. Good swerve of the Bell hypocrisy question though!

Well if you did your research you would that already. But you didnt. 

Where did I say I had no interest in transfers before the end of the season? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

There's no guarantee that the keeper would sign either. That's a terrible, terrible non argument. In fact already being here makes it more likely for him to stay. As usual you have been caught out with the double standards. Being at the club and maybe not signing an extension is just as uncertain as the keeper not signing. In fact it's less so as there's the bonus of familiarity and benefit of not moving. You might as well say it's a good move because we play in blue and white, or because I had pizza for dinner. It has just as much credibility. 

Spot on and well summed up.

I mean I wouldn't keep Bell in this division much less the other one. Although given TMs spotted transfer record and not being able to spend money on defenders (and not having any next season) I can see why they did. Still think we should be aiming for better though. 

At the risk of supporting Chaddy and his moronic mutterings, I understood the club had to extend Bells contract as the player himself triggered the clause in his contract. I stand to be corrected and I hope I am, as I hate the fact that I'm defending someone who changes his point of view more than Piers Morgan. 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if you did your research you would that already. But you didnt. 

Where did I say I no interest in transfers before the end of the season? 

In about 6 posts lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

At the risk of supporting Chaddy and his moronic mutterings, I understood the club had to extend Bells contract as the player himself triggered the clause in his contract. I stand to be corrected and I hope I am, as I hate the fact that I'm defending someone who changes his point of view more than Piers Morgan. 

That makes more sense. Tbh that would be a better way round as it shows the club isn't daft with who it takes on. 

I can see the point in the clause and hopefully we had enough time prior to this for it to be clear Bell was good enough or if not nowhere near the team that it would be an easy decision for him/the club to make. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong. I said Rovers should wait and see which league we are in 1st next season before committing to any signings. 

Very different to have no interest in transfers isn't it Jack and roversfan99

Thing is Chaddy, and I try to say this as respectfully as possible, it's also very different from being a good idea of extending Bell's contract too. I think that's where the issue lay. It seems totally counter to the strategy of waiting to see which league we were in before using up wages. 

• Like 1

There’s another 10 minutes of my life I’ve wasted on the Chaddy show! Was hoping for some interesting transfer chat but not going to happen with the Chadster in the room. I’ll go back in a corner for a few months again.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Well this says Rovers had a option to extend Bell's contract

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18226457.rovers-option-extend-defenders-contract/

1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Who is Sánchez ? A bucket would be better than Walton 

?

I have a better suggestion. Maybe we should chip in between us and get "a face in the crowd" of Walton between the posts.

It would be considerably more agile and quite probably would stop more on target efforts than the real thing.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well this says Rovers had a option to extend Bell's contract

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18226457.rovers-option-extend-defenders-contract/

You can see why I'm getting confused(or maybe you can't) but one post you say we had to re-sign him and the next you say we had the option, and then included a link that said we had to re-sign him. At the end of the day I actually tried to defend you for once, but your paranoia took over and thought you'd go for me anyway. You're on your own Chaddy. In future I'll just let everyone pick holes in your bullshit and stay out of it. By the way, is it any coincidence that you started saying we need to find out what division we are in before signing players, 24 hours after Nixon started responding to transfer info by saying that exact same thing. 

16 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

You can see why I'm getting confused(or maybe you can't) but one post you say we had to re-sign him and the next you say we had the option, and then included a link that said we had to re-sign him. At the end of the day I actually tried to defend you for once, but your paranoia took over and thought you'd go for me anyway. You're on your own Chaddy. In future I'll just let everyone pick holes in your bullshit and stay out of it. By the way, is it any coincidence that you started saying we need to find out what division we are in before signing players, 24 hours after Nixon started responding to transfer info by saying that exact same thing. 

Well why didnt look into the Bell's contract before posting? I posted a link last week saying that the club exercise the club option in Bell's contract from a Rich Sharpe article. 

You dont need to defence me. 

I have no paranoia at all. Pick what holes you want. Wont bother me. 

Its obvious that you shouldn't be making signings if you dont know what division we will be in next season. Nothing wrong with Rovers having different lists for those different scenarios. 

Hey i know we are in some contention for the playoffs but being a realist if we dont win the next two matches its hello championship, I really really hope we do get to the play offs then its who is on a run, (theres always one team who does a run towards the end of the season and gets there, i hope its us).

4 hours ago, AJW said:

I just  think a lots been made out of it and I haven’t seen anything in Bauer that makes me think we missed out 

anyway it’s old news let’s move on 

The discussion wasn't really about Bauer's ability per se it was the comparison between Bauer and McLaughlin in that they both appeared to be long term targets and at the end of the day we didn't land either of them.

McLaughlin always seemed a strange one to me. If he was first choice at Sunderland, why would he want to come here to be a number two, and if we wanted him as our next number one then it strikes me that we weren't setting our bar particularly high.

For all that it did appear that he was a long term target and it does seem to me that since being promoted we've found it virtually impossible to get our preferred targets in or over the line. Maybe this is down to Waggott and Mowbray having an unrealistic view of players' worth in the current market, or Venus being not up to the job, or Mowbray being reluctant to bring players in because he feels loyal to the existing staff or being unable to communicate with and get the green light off the owners quickly enough or even a combination of all of the above. 

I do however think it's giving us far too much credit to say that we're deliberately waiting to see which division we're in before signing anyone. I suspect it's merely a continuation of what we've seen over the last few windows of us being unable to get our ducks in a row.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Uhh actually guys, the Hart thing is even worse than anybody seems to have clocked, according to the LT article anyway.

They say he isn't eligible to play for us this season due to having just come back from his loan at Shrewsbury.

If they're right, this means we have given him the extended deal not as extra LB cover with the injuries and issues there, but for one of only two reasons. Either the misguided sense of loyalty JacknOry mentioned, or...because they're considering giving him another deal.

And tell you what, why in the world has Platt been given another year? The lad is pushing 23 and just played out his season at Conference level. What the fuck do we think he is going to offer? Conversely I'm not comfortable with some of the younger lads only getting 1 year deals. If they have a good season we have another Brennan situation. I know times are tight but I wonder how many of them could have had 2 year deals if we weren't pissing about with Platt, Hart and Smallwood.

Edit - oh and before anyone points it out, I know Hart has only played for one club this season and the rule is 2. But the LT are saying it, so I'm wondering if there is some odd rule about his loan having been until the end of the season meaning they're the only club he can play for or whatever. Or they might just be wrong.

If this is true and we are offering Hart a short term extension to his contract when he's not available to play then that's a disgrace and on a par for stupidity with giving Gladwin another deal because we felt sorry for him.

I wouldn't have given Smallwood an extension either but at least he is available for selection if required. If for some as yet unknown reason we particularly want to keep Hart for next season and beyond we should have let him go for now and signed him back up after the end of this season when he's available. If he wants to play for us he'll sign and if a bigger Club came in for him offering more money he'd be off to them anyway, the fact he had another month here won't have any bearing on his decision. But dont waste more money on yet another player who isn't available.

If we're doing this type of thing as a deliberate loss leader to establish ourselves as  a Club that really looks after its players that's one thing. But don't do it a week after pleading poverty and begging fans not to take a small refund to which they are technically entitled.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bauer and McLaughlin in that they both appeared to be long term targets and at the end of the day we didn't land either of them.

Yup. It is certainly frustrating that almost all of TM's "long term" targets never end up playing at Ewood Park in blue and white. 99% of the time we get very left-field deals that actually cross the line. In Stewart Downing's case, a great piece of business, in Ben Brereton's case, a poor piece of business.

We've supposedly had interest in this Kamil Jozwiak at Lech Poznan for well over a year now. Well now he's had the season of his life in the Polish league and every Championship club under the sun is linked with him, as well as some interest from soon to be Premier League club Leeds United.

It's so frustrating to see us miss out on deals because we haven't been proactive enough. I don't think anyone was so gutted about missing out on Bauer that it made anyone lose sleep, but it is a trend that worries many, we can't lock down long term targets.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And tell you what, why in the world has Platt been given another year? The lad is pushing 23 and just played out his season at Conference level. What the fuck do we think he is going to offer?

I assume we'll be losing a centre-back or two on loan, Hayden Carter might be needed for the first team bench and they've decided that if we've any hope of maintaining a PL2 Division 1 spot, we need to keep some of the 23's around. Same with Brad Lyons I'd suspect. I don't hate that because retaining our league spot at 23's level is beneficial to the club long term. 

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Yup. It is certainly frustrating that almost all of TM's "long term" targets never end up playing at Ewood Park in blue and white. 99% of the time we get very left-field deals that actually cross the line. In Stewart Downing's case, a great piece of business, in Ben Brereton's case, a poor piece of business.

We've supposedly had interest in this Kamil Jozwiak at Lech Poznan for well over a year now. Well now he's had the season of his life in the Polish league and every Championship club under the sun is linked with him, as well as some interest from soon to be Premier League club Leeds United.

It's so frustrating to see us miss out on deals because we haven't been proactive enough. I don't think anyone was so gutted about missing out on Bauer that it made anyone lose sleep, but it is a trend that worries many, we can't lock down long term targets.

How do you know what our long term targets are? Just because you don’t read about it on twitter doesn’t mean the club have no interest. Gallagher sounds like he was a target over several windows and we got him (regardless of how that’s turned out).

I’m not sure any club in the Championship can confidently stride out and pick up every target they want. 

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg

26 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I assume we'll be losing a centre-back or two on loan, Hayden Carter might be needed for the first team bench and they've decided that if we've any hope of maintaining a PL2 Division 1 spot, we need to keep some of the 23's around. Same with Brad Lyons I'd suspect. I don't hate that because retaining our league spot at 23's level is beneficial to the club long term. 

Errr..... that wasn't me pontificating about Platt!