BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Joe Hart is absolute fantasy land talk, not a chance.

The GK we end up with will be another last minute loan as Fisher/Hilton play the majority of the pre season games.

Ya, I have a strong feeling we will hear all sorts of names mentioned, but we will end up with a late loan for some random keeper that nobody had mentioned. Whilst Raya is playing PL. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Backroom

Preston fans speak highly of him 

Preston don’t have an under 23 squad and all their out of contract scholars have been released 

55 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

signed this kid following his release from Preston: https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/july/rovers-recruit-talented-tyrhys/

I know him.  Not gettimg overly excited. Good feet but lightweight.  I'm surprised we took him. Not sure he's any better than what we have.

Now  there is a lad playing for Preston U18s, a Rovers fan called Coulton....I'd be pleased if we signed him. Scotland U17. Leftie, going to be a good one.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I definitely do think he would play here and improve.

I'd take him as well. Theres a good keeper in there. If hes willing to drop down to the championship there'll be competition for him and you know the snails pace we operate at in the transfer market. 

The lad was Prestons best player on the park at Ewood ... think he scored then did a gymnastics celebration just like Write Philips did ... 

plays in the hole and captain of PNE Youth ... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Swanson said:

He doesn't mention any clubs by name, but our best centreback prospect Leo Skiri Østigård says there is interest in him from both the Championship and Bundesliga.

He played for St.Pauli this season and had some very good reviews. He is owned by Brighton and has 1 year left on his contract, but he says he unsure of if he is being sold or loaned out again. I know we scouted the 2 Bundesliga last season, maybe we have watched him as well?

Would be a good replacement for Tosin.

What type of centre back is he? what his strengths and weaknesses?

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I know him.  Not gettimg overly excited. Good feet but lightweight.  I'm surprised we took him. Not sure he's any better than what we have.

Now  there is a lad playing for Preston U18s, a Rovers fan called Coulton....I'd be pleased if we signed him. Scotland U17. Leftie, going to be a good one.

Can I asked respectful why you know so much about Preston youth team? a friend or family member on staff there?

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can I asked respectful why you know so much about Preston youth team? a friend or family member on staff there?

I'm heavily involved with District/County football in the local area not far from Preston.  As I've pointed out before, theres some good players at district/county schools football locally and we never seem to scout much in these areas. I've coached half the PNE youth team at secondary school age. There are other clubs our players end up at, but not nearly enough at rovers...

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What type of centre back is he? what his strengths and weaknesses?

He is not the tallest CB, but he is very good in the air. He is also a leader and fairly quick. Weaknesses, he is quite young so he will make mistakes and also gets too many yellow cards (8 this season).

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Preston fans speak highly of him 

Preston don’t have an under 23 squad and all their out of contract scholars have been released 

Thanks, I was starting to wonder why he has been released, but if they've all been released there's no real shame in it.

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sparks, in light of the fact Preston have released all their scholars with expired contracts, I'm wondering what your take on this is. Because I'm sure you've waxed lyrical about Preston's youth setup a few times. I'm just wondering if they're that good why aren't they bothering to sign any of them onto professional terms? They may not have a u-23 squad but if the lads are talented they could break into the main squad or go out on loan surely. Genuinely curious btw, not goading.

Edited by bluebruce

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Thanks, I was starting to wonder why he has been released, but if they've all been released there's no real shame in it.

Sparks, in light of the fact Preston have released all their scholars with expired contracts, I'm wondering what your take on this is. Because I'm sure you've waxed lyrical about Preston's youth setup a few times. I'm just wondering if they're that good why aren't they bothering to sign any of them onto professional terms? They may not have a u-23 squad but if the lads are talented they could break into the main squad or go out on loan surely. Genuinely curious btw, not goading.

Baxter and Walker are doing ok. Both from my neck of the woods...Armer is on loan...

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Maybe they pulling their horns in financially. Can clubs at our level carry on playing behind closed doors and keep paying big wages ? Something has to give.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Wonder if we will be having a look at Luke Garbutt who has just been released from Everton. Highly rated as a youngster and had some decent loan spells. Left sided as well which would be good.

Luke Garbage they use to call him

3 hours ago, Ricky said:

Wonder if we will be having a look at Luke Garbutt who has just been released from Everton. Highly rated as a youngster and had some decent loan spells. Left sided as well which would be good.

Had a look at his 'CV' on Wiki...something wrong with the modern game when this lad has been at Everton until aged 27, and has made 5 appearances for them, including 0 in the last 5 seasons, just being farmed out on loan instead.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Ricky said:

Who?

• Like 4

23 hours ago, unleaded said:

The lad was Prestons best player on the park at Ewood ... think he scored then did a gymnastics celebration just like Write Philips did ... 

plays in the hole and captain of PNE Youth ... 

In the hole.....until he gets to our first team then that'll be wide right or left !

Interesting though if he is good in that position as there'll be big boots to fill there soon.

23 hours ago, unleaded said:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2020 at 21:24, Swanson said:

What happend to @RovingRover

I remember he was here during the summerwindow and claimed to have some inside info. He mentioned that german defender Anton that Mowbray wanted. He has gone quiet since then.

I'm still here.

Became a father back in August moving in with my partner and football rather went on the back-burner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

I'm still here.

Became a father back in August moving in with my partner and football rather went on the back-burner.

congratulations on being a father and hope you, your partner and child are doing very well. 

• Like 1

• Mike E locked this topic