BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

27 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Did Liveprool really buy Minamino for 7.25 million?

While Brereton cost us 10 million.

How is this possible.

Liverpool are one of the biggest names in world football, their scouting network is world class, and from top to bottom they have connections with the elite of the footballing world. We are Blackburn Rovers and we play in English football’s second tier. Perhaps that gives you a clue as to why we gamble and overspend on British players rather than get world class youngsters from European clubs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fact I saw someone call him a plank today. It happens regularly and I wholeheartedly agree its nasty and uncalled for

A plank? 

I’m literally shaking right now. :o

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyone claiming this doesn't happen is ignoring it, particularly if you are a mod. 

In fact I saw someone call him a plank today. It happens regularly and I wholeheartedly agree its nasty and uncalled for

My last post on this as we’ve certainly gone off topic. I understand that people get upset or lose control of their emotions but it makes me angry when this kind of language is used with regard to a guy who has only ever tried his best for us (I didn’t have the same problem with choice language for Kean ?).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He could have been paid a few hundred quid a week for all we know, or maybe nothing. We don't know, 

Yes, I think more should be done for retiring players and I think this has started to happen. They are much better in rugby where they set them up to do degrees before they finish. Counselling too, ya why not? Maybe financial management whilst they are still playing. Obviously not 3 years wages though, but just enable them to live good lives after finishing. 

It's part of life, but not the same for a footballer. A builder can be off for months and get another job when ok, it's difficult for a footballer at Gladwins level at the best of times. 

With the wastage that has gone on here since Venkys took over, I really think there are bigger issues to focus on.

Ok, gonna leave it at that on this topic. 

Mate, I wholeheartedly agree with all you say about post-retirement support (and not just in football either), but I'm fairly certain that elite footballers have a pretty good pension scheme these days on top of lucrative playing contracts that should set them up financially so most of them don't have problems because of finance in the way that Joe Bloggs the retired bus driver might have. What they are more likely to require is help with the come-down - if that's the right phrase - of the attention and fame they got as a footballer, and the adrenaline rush that goes with that lifestyle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amo said:

A plank? 

I’m literally shaking right now. :o

It's unnecessary. He has done his best and worked hard for the club.

I got banned from the official board RIP for using some choice language to describe Kean (damn you Grooby!), so I do think there is a time and a place! 

The bigger question is why did we sign Gladwin in the first place if he’s not good enough?

He’s been injured pretty much the whole time he was here, yet when he’s fit again he’s deemed not good enough.

I was expecting him to be given a chance to show if he could play, especially with Dack injured and no one else really stepped up in the #10 role.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Brereton has cost the club about £4m as of January 2020. It could rise to £7m if we get promoted, at which point nobody would care anyway. FAR from £10m either way.

How do you know this information?

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyone claiming this doesn't happen is ignoring it, particularly if you are a mod. 

I’m not ignoring anything nd I didn’t say they didn’t exist. At the time of the post, I just couldn’t remember any specific examples off the top of my head. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The bigger question is why did we sign Gladwin in the first place if he’s not good enough?

He’s been injured pretty much the whole time he was here, yet when he’s fit again he’s deemed not good enough.

I was expecting him to be given a chance to show if he could play, especially with Dack injured and no one else really stepped up in the #10 role.

Valid question. I was thinking the same, particularly after giving him the extension. 

So in 1 season we've gone from having arguably the most talented young keeper outside the top flight to a 32 year old on loan from Ipswich to Millwall. 

Fuck my life. I wonder what Brentfords asking price is for Raya now? I guarantee it would be significantly more than we sold him for... 

I want an upgrade on Raya in this window. Not happening though is it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Central midfield is the priority!

Yep.

With only Travis, Johnson, Evan's, Smallwood, Davenport, Holtby, Rothwell, Downing, Chapman, Bennett and Buckley to choose from I think it's pretty obvious we need a 12th choice midfielder.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

So in 1 season we've gone from having arguably the most talented young keeper outside the top flight to a 32 year old on loan from Ipswich to Millwall. 

Fuck my life. I wonder what Brentfords asking price is for Raya now? I guarantee it would be significantly more than we sold him for... 

I want an upgrade on Raya in this window. Not happening though is it

Have I missed something? We haven't signed Bialkowski as far as I know. It's a rumour, that was reported a few days ago and doesn't seem to have come up again since.

I'll take an upgrade on Walton for now. Which he is if we get him.