BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I'd still keep it though. Just because it hasn't been churning them out recently, except Nyambe, doesn't mean it won't in future. It has before. It'd be very short-sighted to shut it down now and hamstring ourselves for the future. Especially when Academy spend is exempt from FFP.

The sensible thing to do would be to look at our processes of recruitment and development to change this story around. As I think you've suggested before. No harm in hoovering up rejects from other top academies too though.

Also worth pointing out, Buckley has been with us since 6 years old. Jake Garrett is meant to be highly rated, still 16 years old and been with us for a while. And is it Zak Gilsenan? Similar boat. Think Jack Vale has been with us a while. JRC did come to us from Manure, but would only have been about 15 at the time. Magloire been with us since about 15. I think Scott Wharton came through our academy (though can't seem to verify for sure), and although he's probably not working out for us, he seems to be at least a League footballer and may operate at this level in future. Point is, we still have a bunch who could come good yet. A proper academy system takes years to bear fruit, and I'm sure a lot of parents and agents were discouraging youngsters from signing for our circus for a while at one point.

I wouldn't be surprised if they scaled it back a bit, sold the land to get some of their money back.  I'd see it as chucking good money after bad if I was an Indian Board Member/Bank of India Credit Controller..

5 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Evans, Smallwood & possibly Bennett need to be moved on if we're serious about promotion. 

You could then bring in 1 good centre mid, someone like Reed for instance.. 

If we move Evans and Smallwood then who the hell is the new midfielder going to learn from?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure a lot of parents and agents were discouraging youngsters from signing for our circus for a while at one point.

The damage caused to the club during that period is unquantifiable

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

To be honest I missed the bulk of those games. We were up in Scotland for Christmas. 

I see Rothwell as a game changer. But totally respect what you're saying. Hopefully that's just a blip.. 

His "blip" looks more and more like it was the good game he played and crap or headless chicken is the norm.

9 hours ago, DE. said:

I lurked from about 2003 and joined in 2004 I believe, and I can tell you that Souness and Allardyce definitely got it worse than Mowbray ever has, despite us being in a significantly better position at the time!

In any case the air of disenchantment on here reflects the state of the Club. After 3 years of TM, what is there to get excited about? The quality of the squad? The playing style? Seemingly doomed to be anchored forever in the mid to lower reaches of this league?

This is a discussion site and if people are depressed about where we are they are entitled to say so. Or should we tolerate all views on here but this one?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

TM has been winning a fair amount of games imo. We’re mid table in the championship and within touching distance of the playoffs in our second season after promotion from league one. That’s why I think the criticism is OTT. Regardless of performances, the atmosphere in this board has really soured and it’s become a bit of an effort to trawl

Totally disagree. Why should we disregard the performances? Doesn't make sense.

More than half the clubs in this League are "within touching distance of the play-offs? What on earth makes you think we'll be one to break through over them?

As ever we did get within touching distance of the Top 6, then flopped again. The mood on the Board accurately reflects the Club's position imo.

We will never go up under Mowbray and we will never prosper under Venkys.

I personally feel despair and can't see any way forward.

37 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

tackle

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

By then, Travis' transition into full-on crab should be complete.

YUP, He's really caused him to go backwards hasn't he, no pun intended.  Really enjoyed Travis's bursts forwards when he first broke through.  Seemed like he would get the ball turn and surge forwards...Then he got dropped, did a bit less, dropped again, now rarely does it and plays all the time. Shame damn shame.  Don't think we will see much of Holtby either till he confirms as well.  Those beautiful angled forward passes he is capable of just have.no place in this team. DAMN, get.rid if this Mobary already.  Give it Johnno till end of season.  Tired if being bored to death.  Tired of feeling like we will still lose even if we get in front, tired of schoolboy defending in a man's league.  Tired if players playing out of position, little men in the middle big men on the wing, tired of Bennett always playing.  Tired of ToMo. He gotta go.  

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

Totally disagree. Why should we disregard the performances? Doesn't make sense.

More than half the clubs in this League are "within touching distance of the play-offs? What on earth makes you think we'll be one to break through over them?

As ever we did get within touching distance of the Top 6, then flopped again. The mood on the Board accurately reflects the Club's position imo.

We will never go up under Mowbray and we will never prosper under Venkys.

I personally feel despair and can't see any way forward.

PL = pipe dream, life under Loons.

9 minutes ago, USABlue said:

YUP, He's really caused him to go backwards hasn't he, no pun intended.  Really enjoyed Travis's bursts forwards when he first broke through.  Seemed like he would get the ball turn and surge forwards...Then he got dropped, did a bit less, dropped again, now rarely does it and plays all the time. Shame damn shame.  Don't think we will see much of Holtby either till he confirms as well.  Those beautiful angled forward passes he is capable of just have.no place in this team. DAMN, get.rid if this Mobary already.  Give it Johnno till end of season.  Tired if being bored to death.  Tired of feeling like we will still lose even if we get in front, tired of schoolboy defending in a man's league.  Tired if players playing out of position, little men in the middle big men on the wing, tired of Bennett always playing.  Tired of ToMo. He gotta go.  

Here here.  It is shite. Absolute, muddled up, predictable, tedious, shite.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

we aren't skint at all, But Mowbray has a budget to keep to just like any other football club or business. Dyche at Burnley has said he hasn't even been told his budget for the window yet. 

I  would trust Dyche to make the most of whatever budget he does get, But why are we bringing Dyche into it? 

We have Mowbray.

4 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

To be honest I missed the bulk of those games. We were up in Scotland for Christmas. 

I see Rothwell as a game changer. But totally respect what you're saying. Hopefully that's just a blip.. 

Or it might not be a blip. It might be another example of what happens to a player under Mowbray's management.

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, 47er said:

In any case the air of disenchantment on here reflects the state of the Club. After 3 years of TM, what is there to get excited about? The quality of the squad? The playing style? Seemingly doomed to be anchored forever in the mid to lower reaches of this league?

This is a discussion site and if people are depressed about where we are they are entitled to say so. Or should we tolerate all views on here but this one?

Completely agree!

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Or it might not be a blip. It might be another example of what happens to a player under Mowbray's management.

watching rothwell,he does`nt try to find space,the polar opposite,he runs into impossible positions,loses the ball and his head goes down,our esteemed coaching staff should be telling him to look for room and try to pass it forwards,i get the impression mowbray only picks him out of sufferance tbh,im`e sure there is a half decent player there,just needs nurturing,this lot are sucking the life out of him and others

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

watching rothwell,he does`nt try to find space,the polar opposite,he runs into impossible positions,loses the ball and his head goes down,our esteemed coaching staff should be telling him to look for room and try to pass it forwards,i get the impression mowbray only picks him out of sufferance tbh,im`e sure there is a half decent player there,just needs nurturing,this lot are sucking the life out of him and others

He looked good when he came though.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And with that, the forum collectively came in their pants.

not quite all... I didn't... because Tony already told us we aren't signing anyone cuz we got no FFP headroom.... and for ONCE I believe him.

We can't even afford Ollie Rathbone.

We couldn't even afford Myles Anderson.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray has regressed him,2 seasons of being told you`re not big enough,you ar`nt old enough,you need to learn more,you don`t do this that or the other,all in the gaze of the local press as well,it`s going to knock anyones confidence

Dack apart, I think every young pĺayer has stagnated at best but mainly regressed.  How that man can champion wasteful, one-dimensional players but then vilify creativity and belief is embarassing.  He has gone out of his way to block progression by placing under-qualified midfielders or strikers in their positions and used them as scape goats. The sooner he is gone, the better because the club is unravelling.  That purple patch of one great performance and a few raggy wins papered over some chasms that some choose not to see. Very soon, we are going to be left with crocks and disillusioned players and no money to improve the squad. The best we can hope for is a new man to invigorate what we have and get some freebies lined up for after the summer exodus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

You really love Evans dont you lol

*only his international manager (at a club lower than ours) has shown an interest in this fantastic player that you talk of. if he was that good, why is he still here?

Btw, Brereton played well once against Arsenal.

Evans has played well in pretty much every game. BB played pretty well against Bristol City. But is low in confidence, which isn't helped by the young lad being ripped to pieces by fans.

Well that's a third of the window now gone and zilch to report.

Said before the window opened, I didn't think we had a transfer pot to p1ss in.

IMO, dark days at Ewood and perhaps worse to come.