BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was obvious at the time if you didn't get carried away with the thrill of chucking major dosh at a kid that most of us had never heard of.

Yeah, for that kind of fee you would expect to have heard of the player at least. Especially when the likes of Bamford and other top championship strikers were going for that sort of money. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

“Marcus Maddison Update - As of this morning

has accepted a bid from

who have permission to talk terms with the player. 2 other championship clubs have bid for the player multiple times & do not currently have permission to speak to the player-                                Wonder who the other two clubs are?

Edited by Butty

We are sending Ben on loan to a league 1 club because we now feel that is the level he might reach.

or 

Tony wants to send Ben to a big Dutch football club to continue his football education and open up exposure to the European markets. That will help increase his sell on fee, eventually.

I know which phone call would sound best to Pune !

• Like 4

A Forest season ticket holder of my acquaintance laughed out loud when the BB deal went through. He reckoned that the lad was one of those 'big for his age' kids who bullied his way through junior football and then got found out when everybody else grew up. Seemingly what the Forest heirarchy thought as well.

17 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha statistically? How could you possibly create the same conditions for both of them on their own? I’d personally say that Nyambe was the biggest miss to our. He’s 10 times the right back that Bennett is and we look 10 times more solid with him in the team.

Back to my point though...in the games home and away that I’ve watched, my opinion is that Tosin is a lot better than Lenihan. 

Have to say in my opinion in terms of actual blood and thunder defending Lenihan is streets ahead of him. Makes some mistakes, but you would back him time after time in challenges in the air and on the deck. Best all round CB we've had since Hanley left.

Tosin offers huge technical quality, and decent defending, although a tendency to sloppiness. As a pairing they could be really good and learn off one another. 

Be very pleased if Tosin signing is true. Only slight concern is he has seemed a bit disengaged recently and the sloppiness seems to be a growing issue which needs stopping.

• Like 1

In defence of BB, he looked the real deal against Arsenal in the FA cup that time. I’m personally still convinced there’s a small chance we could recoup something similar to the 6mil we supposedly paid in the future, but it won’t be the 15-20 that TM, Waggott and the Venky’s were hoping. Also the longer this goes on like it is, the more his potential will fall. Needs regular football, up front, at a level he’s almost too good for if anything. I’d personally be looking to send him to a top end league one team, but at this point we should take what we can get and any loan offer on the table should be seriously considered. Needs to get out the limelight and away from a manager, who for all of his own flaws is very quick to publicly criticise players who don’t deserve it i.e. Raya, who now has the most clean sheets in the league I believe? Either that or least goals conceded. Before anyone flags it up I did say in summer I was okay with Raya going and being replaced by Walton as long as the money went to good use, and would like to wholeheartedly apologise for this ?

18 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not rewriting anything. Their fans sang for Neil to ‘get him on’ for 15 mins before he came on. His reception was unbelievable! He must’ve felt like Messi bless him. I’d have taken Sinclair,  absolutely but I reckon a few on here would’ve been caning Mowbray had he given a 30yr old winger a 2.5yr contract. Rightly so, it’s madness imo. Fair play to Sinclair though. Must’ve been blown away with that offer.

Make no mistake, our fans didn’t react like that to Holtby. Who based on his career is a far better signing. Maybe we just have higher expectations. Nothing wrong with that.

In terms of Bauer, I’ve now seen him live twice and on the TV another half a dozen times. He’s a stump. Based on what I’ve seen he isn’t fit to lace Tosins boots.

You make a good point about Holtby. One I hadn't really thought ;much about.

I think that because he has been hardly used so faf, maybe Rovers fans think he is just another run of the mill player.

He is absolutely not. I was looking forward to seeing him play and thought the other day just have seldom I have felt like of late.

As for a poster above suggesting he came from another German Championship club, Hamburg are nothing like 'another Championship club'. 

Hamburg fans loved Holtby. For his performances on the pitch and how he connected with them off it. Rovers really are missing a trick. 

(Note how oiur performance dropped after he was subbed on Saturday.) The lad is gold dust - only my opinion, of course - and could end up wasting away - though I really hope not.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

A Forest season ticket holder of my acquaintance laughed out loud when the BB deal went through. He reckoned that the lad was one of those 'big for his age' kids who bullied his way through junior football and then got found out when everybody else grew up. Seemingly what the Forest heirarchy thought as well.

He did look decent a couple of years back - but on the videos he looks a little shorter. Someone on here suggested he may have had a growth spurt - as now he looks gangly compared to back then.  

4 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

I think that because he has been hardly used so faf, maybe Rovers fans think he is just another run of the mill player.

He is absolutely not. I was looking forward to seeing him play and thought the other day just have seldom I have felt like of late.

As for a poster above suggesting he came from another German Championship club, Hamburg are nothing like 'another Championship club'. 

Hamburg fans loved Holtby. For his performances on the pitch and how he connected with them off it. Rovers really are missing a trick. 

(Note how oiur performance dropped after he was subbed on Saturday.) The lad is gold dust - only my opinion, of course - and could end up wasting away - though I really hope not.

Spot on. Tom Cairney mark II if we’re not careful. Need to get the most of players like this because in the championship they’re hard to come by.

7 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

I agree that we need to get the best out of Holtby and I like him, he has to play regularly as a number 10. I regularly want him in the team.

He was well liked at Hamburg as was Sinclair at Celtic. But I was correcting that PNE fans have been noticeably more excited due to lower expectations because their thousands of pissed up fans in a poor game wanted to bring on their new attacking player with a proven track record as a potential matchwinner, just as the Blackburn end sings for Graham, Rothwell etc every game and compared to our fans practically stalking Holtby in the build up to his signing!

Obviously Hamburg are a very prestigious club (as are Celtic) but I dont think it makes sense for PNE to have lower expectations than us (sadly their squad is ahead of ours with our money wasted, as much as it pains me to say) I dont think they got more excited than us regarding these signings and I think its foolish to suggest that Sinclair would have been anything but a superb signing here and I wish we had gone for him.

Would love us to sign Maddison too. Lets hope we dont sit on our hands and wait for Marvin Emnes to come available for 5m.

Sinclair is probably the biggest signing Knob end have made so no wonder they got over excited. They'll probably be slating it and him before too long. A few years back they had 900 at Burnley !

Super fans they aren't they're the most fickle in Lancashire as i said the other day. Only turn out for Rovers away and big pre season names.

Uncle Trev will be passing them on in the near future then we'll see what happens.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If it's true that we have/will sign Tosin, that would be a coup and a very exciting signing. Him and Lenihan will only get better together and I think they compliment each other well.

I highly doubt we can afford him though. 

Where has the rumor of us signing Tosin come from?

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sinclair is probably the biggest signing Knob end have made so no wonder they got over excited. They'll probably be slating it and him before too long. A few years back they had 900 at Burnley !

Super fans they aren't they're the most fickle in Lancashire as i said the other day. Only turn out for Rovers away and big pre season names.

Uncle Trev will be passing them on in the near future then we'll see what happens.

Great point. Lots of love for them in here but the way I see it, they’ve been building a squad in the Championship for near on a 5yrs now and imo we’ve closed that gap in the last 18 months in spite of spending £12m on players who haven’t delivered. As I suggested at the start of the season, I expect us to finish above them this season at which point they will never be heard of again. 

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Have to say in my opinion in terms of actual blood and thunder defending Lenihan is streets ahead of him. Makes some mistakes, but you would back him time after time in challenges in the air and on the deck. Best all round CB we've had since Hanley left.

Tosin offers huge technical quality, and decent defending, although a tendency to sloppiness. As a pairing they could be really good and learn off one another. 

Be very pleased if Tosin signing is true. Only slight concern is he has seemed a bit disengaged recently and the sloppiness seems to be a growing issue which needs stopping.

Well it's certainly an upgrade on the sticking plaster that is Williams/Nyambe . But we are still leaking goals at a fair rate despite him and Lenihan being well regarded and in my opinion we need a whole back 4 of animals who can defend like their lives depend on it and kick and scratch our way through tough games if that's what it takes. I'm sick of soft defending and silly goals going in which has been a symptom all through Mowbray's time here. Once that's done get a mobile rotweiller as our holding midfielder and only then can we start thinking about our system and options for attacking teams. Until then we just constantly undermine ourselves . A proven goal scorer however has to be part of that equation.

As for putting Brereton at the top of league one as has been suggested - I don't see how a league one promotion contender can have seen anything at all which suggests he will score goals for them. We haven't seen the remotest indication of that or indeed anything else that he will bring to the party. If some one asked you what Brereton is or what his strengths are I would honestly be struggling. He doesn't even shine in U23's. I wish the lad no ill whatsoever and I dearly hope for his own sake he comes good but as I commented in earlier in this thread signing him for £7million was an act of gross negligence . I'm not even sure how anybody can have seen anything in his past which pointed towards being excellent potential.    

For the time being stand by for the ''we couldn't compete with what Charlton's new owners were prepared to pay Maddison''. Its far too early for us to be doing business anyway. We have about another 18 days and 6 hours before we enter the fray. 

• Like 1