BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Re: BB

But who buys players just to sell on? makes me cross this - its not a good model. You can go with the hope they'll actually do well for you and forget the rest. I'm sorry but its all backfired and deservedly so, some staff had pound signs in their eyes wanted to do a Brentford-run before you can walk. When what they should've done is just bought a proven goalscoring striker.

Ooh dear, looks like you wont get a bean back, his contract will run out and then he'll go for free. Doubt anyone would take it to be honest, its all very well saying send him out on loan, have we had any offers? even then you've got nothing good to look at apart from the skills/edited video.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Swanson said:

Missed opportunity if true. 
(Though I’m the first to accept that I’d be going to WBA over Rovers if I were a pro).

There's no money, so no signings.

IF Mowbray manages to get shut of Samuel, Smallwood and Brereton along with Cunningham's wage contribution off the books then he might be able to bring a couple of loans in but even then it will be last minute.com when loaning clubs get round to making a decision. 

Surprised people think it will be any different this year and waste time worrying about it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's no money, so no signings.

IF Mowbray manages to get shut of Samuel, Smallwood and Brereton along with Cunningham's wage contribution off the books then he might be able to bring a couple of loans in but even then it will be last minute.com when loaning clubs get round to making a decision. 

Surprised people think it will be any different this year and waste time worrying about it.

I’m surprised you’re so confident in your assertion when in reality, you don’t know.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m surprised you’re so confident in your assertion when in reality, you don’t know.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Great point. Lots of love for them in here but the way I see it, they’ve been building a squad in the Championship for near on a 5yrs now and imo we’ve closed that gap in the last 18 months in spite of spending £12m on players who haven’t delivered. As I suggested at the start of the season, I expect us to finish above them this season at which point they will never be heard of again. 

It seems a pretty safe assertion based on everything Mowbray has said so far that we have very little to play with financially at this time.

Also, I am not convinced that we have particularly closed any gap on Preston since promotion, they just seem to be that little bit ahead of us despite having spent far less. Obviously we came up with a side containing Dack, (now injured) Lenihan, Nyambe, Graham, Evans and Armstrong who of course we have made permanent, so we had much of the team we have now. Apart from that, the main player that I look at in terms of how we have built towards the future is the emergence of Travis. We have obviously lost Dack for a year to serious injury and Raya who we have replaced by a shoddy replacement which will leave us with no senior keepers in July. Our main signings that have worked out and improved us have been short term and/or loan deals, Downing and Adarabioyo. The main money has been spent on players who are liabilities to us.

I really hope you are right and we can finish above them. I dont think they are anything special but they have a few players in Pearson, Browne, Johnson, Davies, Barkhuizen, Fisher etc who have proven themselves as good consistent top half players capable of being around the play offs and the additions of Sinclair and Bauer undoubtedly improve them. They have a poor keeper like us and lack a prolific goalscorer like us minus Dack. Theres not loads in it but short term and towards next season they are a little ahead sadly.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

Transition season now there's not going to be any need for the standard tombola keep em all happy and in bonuses policy. Got be be now juggling around injuries, keep trying a few younger ones and flop signings.  Get rid of and phase out a few bigger earners, welcome back a few from injury, end with a side picking itself more or less because of limited numbers, frozen out players.  Pick up a few good results and a decent run when the beach is in sight.

Comfortable lower mid finish, pin all the under achieving from start to finish on losing Dack and having to 'use' the squad. Dollops of BS for next season to try and ST renewals, bold passionate empty promises at the forums again.  Grateful to owners, TM contract extension, owners we want this club back in the Prem guff.

We go again.....

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Transition season now there's not going to be any need for the standard tombola keep em all happy and in bonuses policy. Got be be now juggling around injuries, keep trying a few younger ones and flop signings.  Get rid of and phase out a few bigger earners, welcome back a few from injury, end with a side picking itself more or less because of limited numbers, frozen out players.  Pick up a few good results and a decent run when the beach is in sight.

Comfortable lower mid finish, pin all the under achieving from start to finish on losing Dack and having to 'use' the squad. Dollops of BS for next season to try and ST renewals, bold passionate empty promises at the forums again.  Grateful to owners, TM contract extension, owners we want this club back in the Prem guff.

We go again.....

This week's lottery numbers too, please.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Another Monday morning with zero Rovers news! No insiders, no leaks, no snippets, no sniffs and no speculation! What is going wrong???

The best way IMO. 

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

They’ve got it wrong with Brereton who was signed with no real scouting other than playing well against us and a growing reputation as a promising star of the future. But he has never been the player who they thought he’d be. They’re worried and right to be...managers ultimately get judged on their big transfers. I hope he goes to Holland, rediscovers the form he showed as a teenager and comes back in the summer full of confidence and ready to get his career going again. 

He wanted Gallagher that summer before we got Brereton. Instead of buying Brereton why didn't we wait and scout properly or go for someone more proven or older. 

3 hours ago, unsall said:

Peterborough have accepted a bid from Charlton Athletic for Marcus Maddison. 

(via @DMAC102)

People have been touted him on here for 18 months to 2 years. 

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Tyrese Campbell - £400k

Ben Brereton  - £7m

I'd still get Campbell now hes available 

Is that the young striker at Stoke? out of contract in the summer?

I deffo wouldn't mind Ryan Woods from Stoke. He is available Ive read

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems a pretty safe assertion based on everything Mowbray has said so far that we have very little to play with financially at this time.

why would any Manager come out and say we got loads of millions to spend? 

Do we money to spend like Brereton or Gallagher money? No 

But if the rumour is correct that we have been bid for Maddison or other players than it would suggest we have some money. do you agree? 

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We go again.....

Have to laugh because most of the above is a fair representation of our current situation. However I hope we still have it in us to challenge for top 6 but much will depend on who if anyone we bring in. What happened to the rumour of us signing Schmidt? 

January is a bad month to try and address problems. The best we could probably hope for is a Premier League loan to give someone who isn't playing much some game time. Our only downside is that the PL suffered unprecedented injuries over the winter months so it's unlikely there's many good players available.

However, if we can't beat Charlton to Maddison and we lose out on him ala Bauer then a few people in the Rovers engine room need to give their heads a wobble.

2 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Have to laugh because most of the above is a fair representation of our current situation. However I hope we still have it in us to challenge for top 6 but much will depend on who if anyone we bring in. What happened to the rumour of us signing Schmidt? 

A few weeks back i might have agreed on the outside chance of top 6. Think that's a huge long shot now for a number of reasons and unless they can dig out a couple or real good signings there's not much point aiming for much.  Might as well start getting the ducks in a row for next season, hopefully with a fresh ambitious approach although that would need big changes imo.

Costly loans now and silly, cosy, investment signings will just push us towards a fire sale because of FFP in the near future.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

A few weeks back i might have agreed on the outside chance of top 6. Think that's a huge long shot now for a number of reasons and unless they can dig out a couple or real good signings there's not much point aiming for much.  Might as well start getting the ducks in a row for next season, hopefully with a fresh ambitious approach although that would need big changes imo.

Costly loans now and silly, cosy, investment signings will just push us towards a fire sale because of FFP in the near future.

Surely money can be made available for another Brereton or Gallagher type, an impact signing ?

Not my understanding of the tosin deal btw, I imagine he will move on sometime soon but there is nothing in place with us. Regarding the other loanee players still being on the website it’s simply because they were loaned at a later date so still with the squad when they made that- roberts was only loaned the other day 

as I reported last week brereton was told by mowbray to sort out a loan move, his agent has been branding his name around. Would mean samuel staying unless another replacement- cheap- can be sourced 

Edited by Bbrovers2288

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not my understanding of the tosin deal btw, I imagine he will move on sometime soon but there is nothing in place with us. Regarding the other loanee players still being on the website it’s simply because they were loaned at a later date so still with the squad when they made that- roberts was only loaned the other day 

as I reported last week brereton was told by mowbray to sort out a loan move, his agent has been branding his name around. Would mean samuel staying unless another replacement- cheap- can be sourced 

This is just fucking nonsense man and part of the reason I'm absolutely at my limit with this club. Other clubs have directors for this. Loan managers/analysts who scout and chose a good fit for them. We leave it onto the lads agent who no doubt only cares which deal is sweetest for him.

I don't particularly think Brereton will improve but going to ADO Den Haag and being coached by Pardew can't be much good for the lad. They are in a terrible position and I'd imagine a relegation artist like Pardew isn't going to save them. 

One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

One particular fit that mowbray likes- as do I- but is unlikely due to money wanted is Ronan Curtis from pompy. Maddison was the back up to this but with Curtis looking unlikely and Maddison talking to Charlton they are having to act fast or will end up with neither- probably the most likely scenario. He is wanting to free armstrong from the wing to focus on up top with dacks goals missing, he sees armstrong as the guy for goals. Struggling with raising capital though. Trying to get a few out the door

Big fan of Ronan Curtis would be great here, I believe his contract runs out at the end of the season no?