Jump to content
GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

Recommended Posts

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
🤓
7
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Been hinting at this stuff for ages but no one takes it on. Presumably the nice guy angle shields it.

Still the same old avenues providing players etc. Then some wonder why we don't go after x,y,z

It's all about who brings them to the table. You only have to look at the BB, Gallagher, Walton signings.

Very poor judgement but why ? How much is spaffed there and how much commission ?

It stinks, people need to wake up again I'm afraid. We are still a vehicle for the same old connections.

Now back to that flag....

He's a nine-bob note.

Perhaps more so than ever before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting if it is Rhodes. Because Nixon is suddenly back to being in the know and he definitely had some inside info / contacts when we signed JR last time.

Im never keen on going back but JR would provide the goal threat that we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy choice for rhodes. Ill go with celtic for some europa football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Rhodes, scored for fun when he was here before.

Mowbray won't be able to get him firing at that rate again though. If Rhodes comes in, it means Gallagher will be permanently on the right.

I'd prefer us to sign a right winger.

Edited by davulsukur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I like Rhodes, scored for fun when he was here before.

Mowbray won't be able to get hom fiting at that rate again though. If Rhodes comes in, it means Gallagher will be permanently on the right.

I'd prefer us to sign a right winger.

Makes perfect sense, most creative player out, big striker struggling for goals and team in general = answer get them some service.

Mowbrays answer - keep shuffling the pack until you drop on something that works, then alter it again after a couple of weeks because you want your 6'3" striker to stop their left back !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Matt Derbyshire? 😋

The Blackburn Bullshit Machine (better name coming soon) could even spin the whole 'foreign scouting network'. Win win! Mattio Derbyshirez!

 

Edited by Husky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I couldn't think of anyone else who seemed likely either.

Joao is too expensive and only been there since summer. Emnes is 32 in May and the most I can find out about his recent career is he is at Vancouver Whitecaps. Can't even find stats. Couldn't envision it being Nuttall returning! Anyone else would be too old, or even retired? Gestede I guess?With his injury record and high wages though...

The post I saw said knowing our luck it'll be Chris Brown!

Not that I'm taking the rumour seriously anyway, was just curious if anyone else has seen it.

It's Anthony Modeste ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The French Leftback? id get him for the stepovers alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want about Jordan Rhodes but that man scored goals for fun. That wasn't some coinidence. People are so quick to say that he was poor technically, or "boring to watch" (that's my favourite one, HOW can goals be boring to watch!?!?). If we can play to his strengths, back on home soil at a stadium he's scored so many goals at, I do believe he'd get going again for us.

Jordan Rhodes, this French left-back (possibly Udol) and Ronan Curtis wouldn't be the worst window ever, and would certainly be a much better window that I nor anyone else was expecting. Could potentially allow for Samuel to go out to Gillingham on loan, maybe helps the Brereton > Netherlands deal come off too. 

Rhodes, Udol, Curtis - IN
Samuel, Brereton - OUT

Would be a healthy window in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m sure this has a deep meaning but it’s over my head mate haha.

unkess it’s an actual player, I don’t know him 

Serge Trousers ? Yes, a lame joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The French Leftback? id get him for the stepovers alone.

 

7 Minute video and only three clips of him defending. Great little player though. I'd play him on the left wing personally based off of this video...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coyle was dogshit. Coyle spent his budget on Stokes, Greer, Brown, Hoban, Hendrie, Feeney. Lowe has captain.  Blimey what a joke he was on touchline in his shorts. 

His football was better? No chance. 

Yep Hanley, Duffy and Marshall all wanted to leave. 

How did Coyle get the job when Warnock's contract was sat in Cheston's office ready to be sign? 

After 50 odd years of watching Rovers the day Coyle was appointed was the day I gave up. Only temporarily of course.

I don't get the Rhodes thing. It's not like we're making loads of chances in games and not taking them.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way TM describes the transfer situation difficulties is reasonable and understandable - if he were nothing but a fan with no skill and experience suddenly dragged out of the streets and asked to deal with the transfer market.

But he is not. He is paid to find solutions and operate in a more wise and knowledgable way than the average supporter. I must again ask what in the hell is his job, what is he getting paid for otherwise. To provide commentary regarding how skint we are and how hopeless we are without Dack? Good to know, Tony, now here's your paycheck?

For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone is left supporting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

After 50 odd years of watching Rovers the day Coyle was appointed was the day I gave up. Only temporarily of course.

Was the only time in my life that I stopped going to the matches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God I would be delighted with Rhodes.  He has his weaknesses,but with the midfielders we have there is potential there for goals. Just don't fucking put him on the wing. All hyperbole and joking aside,but that would be a sackable offence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look on twitter, he is linked with us,Wigan (Nixon) and Leeds. 

Wigan in to buy if they sell Moore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

7 Minute video and only three clips of him defending. Great little player though. I'd play him on the left wing personally based off of this video...

He is like Bell in fast forward. 

I just think we need to expect better from both our fullbacks in terms of attacking. They are there to provide some width. Nyambe has got a lot better at getting forward but cannot cross for shit while Bell gets a nosebleed most of the time and turns back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just had a look on twitter, he is linked with us,Wigan (Nixon) and Leeds. 

Wigan in to buy if they sell Moore. 

Leeds? probably to replace that loan who was recalled due to not getting enough game time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

The way TM describes the transfer situation difficulties is reasonable and understandable - if he were nothing but a fan with no skill and experience suddenly dragged out of the streets and asked to deal with the transfer market.

But he is not. He is paid to find solutions and operate in a more wise and knowledgable way than the average supporter. I must again ask what in the hell is his job, what is he getting paid for otherwise. To provide commentary regarding how skint we are and how hopeless we are without Dack? Good to know, Tony, now here's your paycheck?

For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone is left supporting him.

But people love him because he talks like a fan....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Leeds? probably to replace that loan who was recalled due to not getting enough game time.

Depends on if Rhodes wants to sit on the bench for another club who get promoted and then wont want him. 

I can see what's in it for Leeds. Good lad to throw on if looking for a goal. 

Here would be his best bet :) cant help but feel the link to us is bs though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rhodes scores goals, but we don’t create enough chances, so it would be a waste of a wage really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Depends on if Rhodes wants to sit on the bench for another club who get promoted and then wont want him. 

I can see what's in it for Leeds. Good lad to throw on if looking for a goal. 

Here would be his best bet :) cant help but feel the link to us is bs though 

The three club rule - we are an obvious club to link him too.

Wouldn't say no though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t see Rhodes coming, mainly because of the wages.

We’re also starting to see the failings of Mowbray’s policy of buying young players to make a profit. We spent £500k on Samuel and £200k on Bell. For them to leave for nothing at their young ages is really poor management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.