BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What could Rovers do if Player wants to return from loan? 

Sorry Charlie but you’re on 20 grand a week and have signed a contract to say Wigan are going to pay 50% of that. We don’t have 10 grand a week spare for you to play in our reserves. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's got 18 months left to run on his contract, I can't se him just walking away from that unless he were to get a substantial upfront payoff. 

Yes he has. We have to get rid of him in the summer

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Say you signed for a season long loan with Wigan and we don't need you back here, sorry. 

Very easy for us to say when we don't know why. look forward to Mowbray's press conference tomorrow

We don't want him here. Not good enough

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, toogs said:

If the contract says he has the right to move back to his parent club during January, then there is nothing the parent club can do to stop it.

None of us know without seeing the contract, but since it was done last minute it wouldn't surprise me if something like that was put in there to hasten Charlie's exit. 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very easy for us to say when we don't know why. look forward to Mowbray's press conference tomorrow

We don't want him here. Not good enough

Agreed, although you have to admit it was quite strange for him to start and be named captain on the opening day if we didn't want him at all. There was no rumours of him leaving before roughly 4.30pm on deadline day either. 

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Agreed, although you have to admit it was quite strange for him to start and be named captain on the opening day if we didn't want him at all. There was no rumours of him leaving before roughly 4.30pm on deadline day either. 

But there were rumours of a bust up between him and Mowbray ?

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

I agree there. 

I said all Summer and part of last season that Mulgrew wasn't good enough for our team

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tip of the iceberg? You started to sound like another poster on here. 

I'm a realist and the reality is that as a club we are screwed. I know you don't see it that way and that's your prerogative but financially we are in ruins. We owe £180m and are on the cusp of either a points deduction and transfer embargo. Having to pay Mulgrews full wage will add to that.

Just now, arbitro said:

I'm a realist and the reality is that as a club we are screwed. I know you don't see it that way and that's your prerogative but financially we are in ruins. We owe £180m and are on the cusp of either a points deduction and transfer embargo. Having to pay Mulgrews full wage will add to that.

Clearly it won't help although I think I am right in saying that where players like Dack and Evans have injuries their wages may be covered by insurance so the net hit to budgeted numbers for wages may not be anything like as bad as feared.

14 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Primary and secondry contracts.

Don’t think that it quite works like that.

However this is interesting, both his very quick departure and very quick return, Why?
Did he fall out with Mowbray, has he now fallen out with Cooke?
If both, it doesn’t look good but having said that, Mowbray appears moody and he changes his set up as the wind changes and I can see Charlie not liking that and speaking his mind.  With regard to Cooke, who appears to be a nasty piece of work, anyone could fall out with him, and Charlie who can be volatile maybe gave him a good kicking.  If so I am with Charlie.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes - and he left almost immediately after.

Indeed, which suggests we did want him here until something happened between the Charlton game and deadline day. Charlie did have a stinker in that match but he had plenty before then too and we were in no rush to move him on in the summer, so I'd be surprised if it was as simple as his performance at Charlton being the reason he was pushed out.

Edited by DE.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

That was on deadline day wasn't it? I don't remember reading about it before then.

I can't remember who it was but it was said that Mowbray and Mulgrew had a full on shouting match during training on the morning of deadline day. By late afternoon he was gone. This was despite him signing a contract extension until June 2021 several months before.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

Further evidence that I know absolutely nothing about football. 

He’s a terrific ‘footballer’, I.e technically gifted.

However, that means little when his body just isn’t up to it anymore (and he wasn’t ever a top centre half).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Clearly it won't help although I think I am right in saying that where players like Dack and Evans have injuries their wages may be covered by insurance so the net hit to budgeted numbers for wages may not be anything like as bad as feared.

Is that on an individual basis of a group policy? Also does the insurance cover them from the time the rare injured?

Mulgrew was sent out on loan off the back of Williams playing ok in a handful of dead rubbers at the end of last season.

As has been demonstrated recently, Williams is a liability anywhere on the pitch and likely to be playing left back or injured. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Mowbray has thought it would be used to have Mulgrew around. 

I also have an outside suspicion that Tosin could get sent back to City, maybe to save money on the loan fee.

27 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

If Rovers have recalled him then that must be with a view to playing him, either that or to sell him or loan him to someone else.

He cannot play for three clubs in one season.His only option would be to play for us or head off to the states or some other overlapping league.