BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Sick of reading these statements from Mowbray. He seems to think everyone is as happy as Chaddy to whitewash over his huge financial mistakes and pretend that we are paupers.

Even if he were right, it’s precisely because he has paid out big money for two duds that clubs put their prices up.

- He says we have no money and then spends big.

- He brings in a low priced one and talks about what a “massive bargain” he’s got.

Would it be any surprise if other clubs turned around and said “Piss off Tony”?

He talks so much crap he’d be better off joining the ranks on football messageboards than being a football manager!

Stop talking bobbins, have a proper plan, select the players you want (in our price bracket) and quietly get deals done EARLY rather than this charade of trying to get folk in cheap at the end of each window when in reality clubs know how despise are and have started to fleece us.

This is the massive problem he's made for us now. We're known as The Mugs.

It's like when David Beckham comes to town, the £5 crew cut is suddenly a couple of hundred .

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I suppose what you actually meant is you have no idea about Fox (me either) and are concerned that we may end up lumbered with another poor LB?

Yep, let's have a proper look before committing another long term contract to an average player....crikey, we've got enough of those taking space on the books

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I never said he was shite, stop twisting 

Look at BlueBruce's reply. wasn't twisted anything at all

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Sheffield Wednesday need to offload wages. They're in trouble again and due a points deduction, they want their new striker, and they back up in those positions. I think he'd come, there's clearly a reason his contract has been allowed to run this far. Either he's not happy or the club aren't fussed on him. Has to be one.

Yes Sheffield Wednesday do need to offload wages. Monk wants Wickham from Palace on loan. 

I agree with Fox with you. 

45 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can't understand why you're still saying this. I broke down at length why it no longer matters that he is out of contract in the summer, because the chances of him reaching that stage are vanishingly thin.

You saw it, because you quoted me. All you said about that issue was that he has a 2.5 million release clause (which obviously I am well aware of, and if he didn't have that the fee might be even higher).

Since you haven't rebutted my point, why are you still making the old one which my post completely tore down?

I was replying to someone who mention the fee involved with Brereton and Gallagher deals and over paying. When my point was about paying 2.5 million pounds for a player with 6 months left on his contract. You correctly understood my point

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You certainly came across like you were insinuating he is shite. I can't fault Chaddy on that one, don't think he twisted a thing.

I wasn't twisted anything

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yep, let's have a proper look before committing another long term contract to an average player....crikey, we've got enough of those taking space on the books

Well surely that's where Scouting should be done on the player. 

We went down this road with Bauer just to use an example.  He was out of contract in summer but Charlton wanted 1 million so Rovers offered 500k.  Then Rovers dawdled about so he signed an extension at Charlton and they then said give us 2 million !

Mowbray kept up the interest waiting for him to be free but then when it was doable he preferred to chuck his money elsewhere using similar excuses he's doing now regarding wages. Bauer signed for PNE for about 15 grand pwk and a nice signing on fee, 4 yr deal.  Now if we'd paid nearer to what Charlton had initially wanted despite his contract running down we might have got ourselves a decent bread and butter defender who might be worth a few million now. 

Say what you want about the player i'm just holding that up as an example not claiming we've missed a great one.  Mowbray is talking through his backside again because apart from Dack and Armstrong he's thrown huge money at expensive gambles via his own agent at the time and another one who has continued form here. Then it's been freebies and oldies and decent contracts there's nothing inbetween.

Amazing when you thing his bargain cash buys for modest money turned out to be the best investments a bit like the GB model.  Not rocket science to suggest that for a club like us that's the best way to go the proof is there. They don't all work, Samuel and Bell spring to mind but it's no massive loss unless you've given them stupid contracts.

Moral is if you want quality then get your hands in your pockets and pay for it otherwise bite the bullet and get some modest buys in with a bit of form about them and pay the asking price.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/ben-brereton-departure-right-offer-17581737.amp

Something occurred to me as I read this. Tony is far more reluctant to loan out squad players in the areas we are over stocked than he is in the areas we are under stocked.

We are wary of loaning out BB despite having Graham, Armstrong, Gallagher, Samuel all fighting for one position, arguably two in some games. But Mulgrew was allowed to leave on deadline day with only Tosin, Lenihan and Williams as competition for two spots. All our young centre halves of promise or a degree of experience got loaned out too. Downing was also allowed to leave when we were painfully low on defenders in two windows. What the fuck is all that about?

He also insists on stocking the everlasting crap out of midfield and seeking out new midfielders every window. His ideas of squad depth for the goals and defence are entirely at odds with his ideas of squad depth for the midfield and attack.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was replying to someone who mention the fee involved with Brereton and Gallagher deals and over paying. When my point was about paying 2.5 million pounds for a player with 6 months left on his contract. You correctly understood my point

This response reads like you didn't absorb a single thing I wrote in either post. Nevermind then.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Leeds will made a £3m loan offer for Hull City's Jarrod Bowen according to the Daily Mail, rising to a £15m transfer if they win promotion to the Premier League

My point on this was Hull would need to be crazy or very desperate for cash to accept it. 

Would you have been happy if we accepted this for Dack? 

Would the club be hoping Leeds go up? I would because if they didnt and Dack had to come back after being pimped out, it would actually be worse. 

• Like 1

Pathetic from Mowbray yet again. Yes we haven’t got loads of money but spunking £5m on Gallagher and £4m + on Brereton is shameful. As some many others have pointed out, there are bargains and deals to be made but we have spaffed our money on two duds. 

I like Mowbray as a guy and I wish I’m well but I am sick of hearing how we can’t afford players because clubs are asking for too much... especially when we waisted so much money on two shocking strikers. 

BB will never come good and SG wasn’t good the first time he was here. 

Clueless from the management. I can tell you that certain people in the management team aren’t impressed with BB and SG and think TM spent poorly. 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Unlucky with injuries everytime he got near the first team. I think there was potential there. 

I thought he performed very well for the U23s. Am thinking Mulgrew's return has forced him out. Would much rather have had Hart's pace than Mulgrew at left back if Bell or Downing are missing for any reason.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did absorb what you said. 

I was telling why I reply to that poster

Ok this still seems to be going over your head but I'll give it one last try.

I know what the context of your conversation with the poster was. But you once again trotted out this notion that Maddison being out of contract in six months means we shouldn't pay 2.5 million for him. A concept which I have debunked. Therefore you shouldn't be saying it again as any kind of argument until you have at least attempted a counterpoint to my debunking. Unless you agree with me, in which case...you shouldn't be saying it again.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Ok this still seems to be going over your head but I'll give it one last try.

I know what the context of your conversation with the poster was. But you once again trotted out this notion that Maddison being out of contract in six months means we shouldn't pay 2.5 million for him. A concept which I have debunked. Therefore you shouldn't be saying it again as any kind of argument until you have at least attempted a counterpoint to my debunking. Unless you agree with me, in which case...you shouldn't be saying it again.

Unless Maddison had been offered more money here and decides to stay until the summer to get that. That's probably not the case,but he will have more potential for a higher salary in the summer. 

It's interesting because obviously P'boro want him to leave now,so if he doesn't will they drop him? Could get messy. 

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sam hart out of contract in the summer? We might have well just let him go, perennial loanee , waste of time. Either give him a chance or move him on. Signing somebody and then loaning him out his entire contract is madness. Throwing wages away 

And only adds to what I said earlier that we are happy to loan out defenders, an area we are thin, but keep hearing that everywhere else we have to wait for players to come back from injury before we can loan or sell players who are absolutely nowhere near the first team because umpteen players are ahead of them, or are making fringe appearances but are no better than others who could have played those games, like in BB's case.

The more time passes, the more and more I believe Mowbray doesn't have a clue what he is doing in terms of structuring and utilising a squad.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And only adds to what I said earlier that we are happy to loan out defenders, an area we are thin, but keep hearing that everywhere else we have to wait for players to come back from injury before we can loan or sell players who are absolutely nowhere near the first team because umpteen players are ahead of them, or are making fringe appearances but are no better than others who could have played those games, like in BB's case.

The more time passes, the more and more I believe Mowbray doesn't have a clue what he is doing in terms of structuring and utilising a squad.

He's looking at Mulgrew for left back he mentioned. So Bell, Downing and Mulgrew. I know ,kinda funny,right? Imagine someone said 5 years ago our 2 left backs would be Downing and Mulgrew. No doubt Downing can do a job there, I personally though Hart looked athletic and could do a job,but not to be. 

Bell needs to hit heights he hasn't hit yet if he is to be here beyond the summer,but I would say the reality now is that the position is his  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's looking at Mulgrew for left back he mentioned. So Bell, Downing and Mulgrew. I know ,kinda funny,right? Imagine someone said 5 years ago our 2 left backs would be Downing and Mulgrew. No doubt Downing can do a job there, I personally though Hart looked athletic and could do a job,but not to be. 

Bell needs to hit heights he hasn't hit yet if he is to be here beyond the summer,but I would say the reality now is that the position is his  

It terrifies me that he is considering Mulgrew for left back. We will get absolutely savaged down that flank if that happens.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Damien said:

Clueless from the management. I can tell you that certain people in the management team aren’t impressed with BB and SG and think TM spent poorly. 

If by management you are referring to people who work at Ewood Park or Brockhall then it doesn't really matter whether they are impressed or not. Mowbray sits above the lot of them and has more sway with the owners than the rest put together.

The only people Mowbray need worry about are the nutters in India and I doubt they've even heard of Gallagher and Brereton. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You'd be looking at about 40/50k pwk combined there for those 3 being rotated at left back yet not one of them is an actual LB.

A prime example of the unbalanced mess we are heading into never mind 2 of them having a combined age over 70.

Shocking really.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It terrifies me that he is considering Mulgrew for left back. We will get absolutely savaged down that flank if that happens.

Depends I suppose. My initial reaction would be the same ,but perhaps it underestimates Mulgrew.  He is a baller, very good technically. Got isolated at centre back and he got caught out physically. Of course that can happen at Left back,but not every right winger is amazing,plus Mulgrew will ask his own questions of them. If Bell doesn't seriously up his game, I think our limited options could leave it as a toss up between Mulgrew and Downing. 

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You'd be looking at about 40/50k pwk combined there for those 3 being rotated at left back yet not one of them is an actual LB.

A prime example of the unbalanced mess we are heading into never mind 2 of them having a combined age over 70.

Shocking really.

I know ya. Cunningham was the best we had there this season insofar as he was a natural left back with pedigree at this level. Now we are doing the round peg in square holes if Bell doesn't step up. 

Expensive square pegs in round holes. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel