GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

11 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

He got a two even better ones for us v Watford and Charlton around 1972/3. 

I know, just wish I could find some for us online but no luck. 

Absolute magician in my eyes

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

I know, just wish I could find some for us online but no luck. 

Absolute magician in my eyes

Yes, I have tried too.

There was another great Field TV goal on London region's Big Match. It was a brilliant lob at Vicarage Rd-a bit like Shearer's v Norwich (7-1)-and I remember his toothless celebration...and me and my mate miming it at a disco the following week!

Never scored a tap-in in his life did Tony. There are great goal scorers and scorers of great goals. 

Tony Field was the latter.

Cheers Tony

4 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I reckon you are spot on. With Maddison following him.

I think if we are getting a right sided attacker in as the LT thinks, we can forget about Maddison or Curtis. It would be pretty stupid to recruit two wide attackers without sorting the defence and goalie.

Joe Rankin Costello contract up in the summer. Needs tying down.

I see this piece of shit Honeyman is sniffing around. We need to cut doing business with these 

09719238-8651-4C0E-9DEA-8970A8ED215A.png

9 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Joe Rankin Costello contract up in the summer. Needs tying down.

I see this piece of shit Honeyman is sniffing around. We need to cut doing business with these 

09719238-8651-4C0E-9DEA-8970A8ED215A.png

18 months on his deal yet, signed a new one in April last year.

Great news to see us possibly signing a right sided attacker. 

I know he did well today and scored but Gally on the wing has failed much more than its delivered.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Great news to see us possibly signing a right sided attacker. 

I know he did well today and scored but Gally on the wing has failed much more than its delivered.

Would rather us get a left sides attacker. JRC has long deserved a chance on the right of midfield. 

Hopefully it's Jordan Jones; right footed but often plays on the left.

46 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Would rather us get a left sides attacker. JRC has long deserved a chance on the right of midfield. 

Hopefully it's Jordan Jones; right footed but often plays on the left.

Yep, JRC deserves his chance in the first team, no question about that.

If the loan player can play out wide and JRC can play on either flank, we are well equipped for the rest of the season and we can have some competition in all the attacking areas.

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Never scored a tap-in in his life did Tony. There are great goal scorers and scorers of great goals. 

Tony Field was the latter.

Cheers Tony

He was worth the admission fee on his own back in the day. A true Rovers legend.

Not sure it’s a wind up he played today for them but I imagine he’s just helping out his local Sunday league club and mates. 

Interesting Rotherham prepared a contract for him only for it to go awry two days ago 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/154869/rotherham-united-cool-interest-in-ex-blackburn-rovers-wolves-and-millwall-winger-ben-marshall/amp/

Feel like I’ve just had a deliciously satisfying entree, and the pending loan signing will be the Creme Brûlée.

The boy Jones from Rangers would be terrific.

Edited by Fraserkirky

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Yep, JRC deserves his chance in the first team, no question about that.

If the loan player can play out wide and JRC can play on either flank, we are well equipped for the rest of the season and we can have some competition in all the attacking areas.

JRC looks like another narrow player to me. Not saying he's bad but we've got a lot of inside forwards/number 10s (Dack, Holt, Rothwell, Buckley) and not many genuine wide players. Seem to be a rare beast. 

Anyhow promising player nonetheless.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, a faster Bradley Dack.

Tony Field was magnificent.

He would be priceless today.

One of my all time favourite Rovers who shone like a beacon in the darkest of Ewood days. 

Mowbray used the words “right sided attacker”? Well we know what his definition of a winger is so it will probably be some 6 foot 8 barrel to play the Gallagher role of striker on the wing 😂

Would be a strange signing based on the information available and with the ignorance of not seeing him, position, expected settling in time on loan, lack of senior experience, hoping its a natural right winger.

4 hours ago, markhayhurst said:

Grant Hanley on the bench consistently at Norwich. Not saying we should sigh him but he's not fulfilling his potential needs a move/rocket up his arse.

He would be a good buy for us.