BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Have to agree about goalkeeping standards. When you see Kepa at Chelsea(worlds most expensive?) Im honestly not too worried about Walton. 

What I am worried about is the players POTENTIALLY LEAVING i.e. might be subject to a cheeky last-day bid from Pemiership relegation fighters! Got to hope there were very few scouts at yestyerdays game. Whats the chances of keeping Armstrong if a cheeky £8 million bid comes in from Bournemouth? Remember they have previous swiping Josh King & Conor Mahoney(even though the latter didnt work out)!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Have to agree about goalkeeping standards. When you see Kepa at Chelsea(worlds most expensive?) Im honestly not too worried about Walton. 

What I am worried about is the players POTENTIALLY LEAVING i.e. might be subject to a cheeky last-day bid from Pemiership relegation fighters! Got to hope there were very few scouts at yestyerdays game. Whats the chances of keeping Armstrong if a cheeky £8 million bid comes in from Bournemouth? Remember they have previous swiping Josh King & Conor Mahoney(even though the latter didnt work out)!

I would be very, very surprised if clubs higher up aren't looking at Armstrong. If he continues with the end product, it will be difficult to hold into him. I was very critical of him earlier on in the season and last. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Everything about him seems to suggest lower league keeper but that kind of thing with the high balls is something you've got to be good at in league 1.  So if he brings that and can kick and get down at least competently he should be ok here.

Let's put it this way, we've had a lot worse over the last few years!  Think he'd be solid. No more, no less.

• Like 2

On 18/01/2020 at 18:07, Tugayisgod said:

The day just gets better... 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1016411695?-11198:839

“You can’t bring players in who don’t know how we play, the demands, don’t know the lads, and we’re going to win next week because this player is great.”

This is why Mowbray has to go for us to progress. He talks utter nonsense. It all sounds like the aim is to make “project” take as long as it can.

• Like 4

I wouldn't even bother with a keeper at this point. We will struggle to get better than Walton with our budget I'm afraid (I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some make out anyway)

A proper left back and perhaps a winger would suit me.

• Like 2

Armstrong is again one I wouldnt be imminently worried about losing. His numbers (7 goals, 5 assists) but when you compare to the numbers of some other players, they dont make him stand out from the pack and his overall performance and numbers in this league are unremarkable. Last season I felt like he was pretty poor and his numbers arent great, he had one brilliant month but aside from that he was poor in the main. Prior to his last 10 games many were demanding that he was dropped.

He is young and he is a fast attacker so if he does start to perform better over the course of a season and he takes on the mantle as our main source of goals and main striker then the opportunity is there for him to turn heads. Him, Lenihan, Travis and Nyambe are 4 potentially high value players and have become key players to us but all of whom have certain doubts attached to them and I would be surprised to be poached just yet.

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I wouldn't even bother with a keeper at this point. We will struggle to get better than Walton with our budget I'm afraid (I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some make out anyway)

I agree, don't really understand all the negativity about Walton. Been pretty solid overall, especially the last few weeks. A couple of errors but no absolute howlers as we see week in, week out from other keepers

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong is again one I wouldnt be imminently worried about losing. His numbers (7 goals, 5 assists) but when you compare to the numbers of some other players, they dont make him stand out from the pack and his overall performance and numbers in this league are unremarkable. Last season I felt like he was pretty poor and his numbers arent great, he had one brilliant month but aside from that he was poor in the main. Prior to his last 10 games many were demanding that he was dropped.

He is young and he is a fast attacker so if he does start to perform better over the course of a season and he takes on the mantle as our main source of goals and main striker then the opportunity is there for him to turn heads. Him, Lenihan, Travis and Nyambe are 4 potentially high value players and have become key players to us but all of whom have certain doubts attached to them and I would be surprised to be poached just yet.

He does seem to be improving though - there is a good chance he could get into the teens for goals by the end of th season which is not bad for someone that has not always played striker. I think he has potential and he is getting better. He played very well yesterday - if he can keep up that level of performance we have a player. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

32 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I agree, don't really understand all the negativity about Walton. Been pretty solid overall, especially the last few weeks. A couple of errors but no absolute howlers as we see week in, week out from other keepers

20 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

On a par with Raya but different strengths.  Raya could obviously improve down the line!

Christ. I can only think you three have entirely different criteria for a keeper. As for the last few weeks, Tugayisgod, he's been ok overall but fairly sure he had at least one game with two game-costing fuckups, though I forget which one. And seen at least two where he appears to have moved out of the way of the ball. Keeper and left back still the biggest priorities for me. And keeper is the cheapest position to recruit.

Edited by bluebruce

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Armstrong is only 22 years old. He was excellent yesterday, pace, running, movement, awareness for the 1st goal was good to see. A constant threat. Thats why I keep saying play up front where he didnt have to think about defensive duties but the constant problems he can cause the opposition. 

Last 9 games he has played in(7 starts, 2 subs)4 goals and 4 assists. He played more regular in front he will score another 7 or 8 goals plus assists IMO. defenders are scared of his pace and movement

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

For example, @chaddyrovers is making an assumption that he will be a good signing, he is using stats, youtube videos to create a collage of positives. 

Haven't said he been a good signing tho did I Roversfan99.

just point his record last and this season which is important stats wise. I posted the YouTube video so members(including myself) could watch clips of the player and see what he could be like if he signs here. 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Meh , the Sunderland keeper ain’t for me , in so much as he doesn’t excite me but I’d support him if he moved here. Think there is a few other keepers being looked at, he is 1/3 I’m led to believe 

Any idea who being look other than McLaughlin? For keeper slot. 

Any idea who this pending signing is? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't said he been a good signing tho did I Roversfan99.

just point his record last and this season which is important stats wise. I posted the YouTube video so members(including myself) could watch clips of the player and see what he could be like if he signs here. 

No but you have told me before that you dont care what fans of other sides think so I was shocked to see you using it to back up your opinion!

47 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Christ. I can only think you three have entirely different criteria for a keeper. As for the last few weeks, Tugayisgod, he's been ok overall but fairly sure he had at least one game with two game-costing fuckups, though I forget which one. And seen at least two where he appears to have moved out of the way of the ball. Keeper and left back still the biggest priorities for me. And keeper is the cheapest position to recruit.

He's far from perfect Walton but ALL keepers make mistakes. Of course he needs replacing, we HAVE to unless he gets offered a permanent deal, I just don't think that with our shoestring budget it's a priority.

A flawless keeper is a 50m pound one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No but you have told me before that you dont care what fans of other sides think so I was shocked to see you using it to back up your opinion!

Yet again what does that have to do with my reply. Didnt mention other fans opinions in my reply. So why respond with such a response. 

I posted his stats for the last 18 months of his career plus YouTube clips for members(including myself) to see more of him and the type he is..

Also why did you also posted that I said he would be good signing which I didnt did I? 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any idea who being look other than McLaughlin? For keeper slot. 

Any idea who this pending signing is? 

Out of favour champ keeper of decent pedigree and a European first teamer not in highest division is as good as I can give u.

signing, not a clue 

• Like 3