GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely Davenport is the answer to sit alongside Travis? Think he looked really good against Wednesday.

Maybe long term but I agree with @roversfan99's latest comment that Downing is the answer probably for next 18 months. Depending on his fitness, legs and mobility. 

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Downing got a free ride on Saturday after their player was sent off. Downing will disappear when an opposition manager tells his midfield enforcer to get in Downing;s face. He's not a solution

Downing had all the time in the world last week against Preston, against combative midfielder Ben Pearson, good players always find time and space.

I think he's been very good for us and you can definitely see why he's played at the top level and for England.

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Downing had all the time in the world last week against Preston, against combative midfielder Ben Pearson, good players always find time and space.

I think he's been very good for us and you can definitely see why he's played at the top level and for England.

...... as a winger, yes. 

21 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Do we know anymore about this loanee? I see it mentioned that it might be a right winger?

Sounds like no leaks from Rovers. Keeping it very close. 

The same Ben Marshall whose been through god knows how many clubs since he was here ?

The same Marshall whose now about to play in the 12th tier ?   

How many mates of his post on here his name comes up every window 😂

49 minutes ago, neophox said:

You know the loan deal right?

Heard a name, not taking it as gospel however so not willing to put it out there. It’s decent, not brilliant but will improve our wing 

16 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Heard a name, not taking it as gospel however so not willing to put it out there. It’s decent, not brilliant but will improve our wing 

Has he been mentioned in the press already,?

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

C570C20D-0CDD-403B-9816-63B0AD543F91.png

Jozwiak is class! Be very pleasantly surprised if it’s right.

11 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Has he been mentioned in the press already,?

Not from any reliable source Iv seen but then rich has just produced a new name on me 

The missus is Polish so I watch them a fair bit. This lad is quality from what I have seen. Would be a coup. I would imagine he will go for £5-6 million though ,so that rules us out. 

I hate ones like this that hey my hope's up. 

Tbh I don’t know this lad but if the fee is 3, I’d still rather go for Curtis or Maddison , more likely to improve our sids imo just through knowing the leagues

32 minutes ago, Butty said:

C570C20D-0CDD-403B-9816-63B0AD543F91.png

Who is leaving to free up the cash though?

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbh I don’t know this lad but if the fee is 3, I’d still rather go for Curtis or Maddison , more likely to improve our sids imo just through knowing the leagues

He is a full international for a decent international team though, the lads haven't played outside league 1. League 1 to Championship is a big step up.