Jump to content
GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Let’s not turn this into supporter bashing.

I’m saying that the pride and respect for the town itself is far lower. Jack’s children didn’t have any affinity. Venkys don’t have any affinity. But compared to say 20 years ago people just don’t have that pride any more. Go onto the LT site or their Fb page or any non-football Blackburn page. “It’s a shithole”; “what do you expect in Blackburn”; “glad I left that dump years ago”.

We actually have a great town and one that is trying to regenerate against a backdrop of a huge cultural chasm, I just wish people believed it a bit more - perception is reality.

The club used to represent that pride outwardly to the rest of the country. The way that was thrown away and then trashed was like having our heart ripped out.

I’m not trying to bash anyone mate.

People can’t help the way they feel. It’s just sad, as you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Blackburn Players Salaries 2019/20 – Weekly Wages

RANK PLAYER ANNUAL SALARY POS. AGE
1 Sam Gallagher £ 2,080,000 CF 23
2 Stewart Downing £ 1,820,000 LM 35
3 Bradley Johnson £ 1,300,000 CM 32
4 Greg Cunningham £ 988,000 LB 28
5 Tosin Adarabioyo £ 780,000 CB 21
6 Adam Armstrong £ 728,000 CF 22
7 Bradley Dack £ 728,000 AM 25
8 Corry Evans £ 624,000 CM 29
9 Danny Graham £ 624,000 CF 34
10 Darragh Lenihan £ 624,000 CB 25
11 Elliott Bennett £ 533,000 RM 30
12 Harry Chapman £ 445,000 RW 21
13 Christian Walton £ 390,000 GK 23
14 Jacob Davenport £ 390,000 DM 20
15 Ben Brereton £ 338,000 CF 20
16 Derrick Williams £ 312,000 CB 26
17 Richard Smallwood £ 260,000 CM 28
18 Joe Rothwell £ 208,000 CM 24
19 Dominic Samuel £ 169,000 CF 25
20 Amari’i Bell £ 156,000 LB 25
21 Jayson Leutwiler £ 130,000 GK 30
22 Ryan Nyambe £ 130,000 RB 21
23 Lewis Travis £ 78,000 DM 21
24 Sam Hart £ 0 LB 23
TOTAL £13,835,000

Even if we were paying half of Cunningham's wages, letting him go back to Cardiff permanently does free up a fair bunch. Enough for at least one in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Even if we were paying half of Cunningham's wages, letting him go back to Cardiff permanently does free up a fair bunch. Enough for at least one in.

I don’t think it’s as tight as is being painted Joe. Some will go from that list this month and by my reckoning, a third of the budget will be free for reinvestment in the summer when contracts / loan periods end.

As I intimated a couple of weeks ago, the club is relaxed and Venkys happy to spend. FFP is the only stumbling block. May end up being pleasantly surprised by the end of the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

As I intimated a couple of weeks ago, the club is relaxed and Venkys happy to spend. 

That's not what came out of the fans forum or whatever the meeting was....the opposite in fact. 

Who's right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see that wage list being accurate, but if I was Lewis Travis or Ryan Nyambe I'd be demanding a 500% wage rise to put me in the mix of the top 10 earners at the club.

That is ridiculous! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That is so sad shameful if true and is against natural law - play the best team FFS instead of an old pals charade. 

Just trying to keep everyone happy and a bit of parity sometimes is my guess.  Only a hunch but iv'e thought it before because you cannot fathom some of the swapping and changing at times before any injury list etc.

I assumed he's found a formula to get as many involved over the season as possible whilst getting games and value in them, blooding youngsters and gathering enough points to keep the wolves at bay.  Not an easy task but he's a crafty sod imo and knows just how far he can push it. A lot of gaffers will try and operate this way but here it should be all about the best first 11 getting as many points as poss week after week and nothing else. 

These opportunities of good budgets and fees for signings don't last we've seen it before and its been wasted many times before. At some point in the very near future he has to press the 'go for it' button.

 

Edited by tomphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Mulgrew!!! Defenders are coming back!!!

Mulgrew coming back, despite Dack’s injury set baaaaack. We’re Blackburn Rovers, were on our way back! 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's not what came out of the fans forum or whatever the meeting was....the opposite in fact. 

Who's right?

As far as I can see, Waggot explained that the owners are willing to invest but that ffp is the stumbling block.

The calmness I’m talking about is the lack of restriction generally. The frustration is that but for ffp, Venkys would Bank roll a playoff push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The frustration is that but for ffp, Venkys would Bank roll a playoff push.

To be fair to them they have already invested enough money in this squad for a play off push. Sadly the money has been very poorly spent by the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like they invested in Jan in the fight against relegation..... or a play off push last season ???

Come off it we've heard it all before.

Edited by tomphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Like they invested in Jan in the fight against relegation..... or a play off push last season ???

Come off it we've heard it all before.

Weren’t we under a transfer embargo during our relegation season? Or was that the season before?

Look at the expenditure since we got back into the Champ. They’ve sanctioned two £5m+ signings. They deserve criticism for many reasons but they can’t be faulted for backing Mowbray over the last two seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Weren’t we under a transfer embargo during our relegation season? Or was that the season before?

Look at the expenditure since we got back into the Champ. They’ve sanctioned two £5m+ signings. They deserve criticism for many reasons but they can’t be faulted for backing Mowbray over the last two seasons.

Plus he's been given finances and decided not to use them in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

To be fair to them they have already invested enough money in this squad for a play off push. Sadly the money has been very poorly spent by the manager.

If you look at our spend on Salaries and fees we are roughly mid table in spending terms. So, tbf they haven’t spent enough for a play off push, Yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If you look at our spend on Salaries and fees we are roughly mid table in spending terms. So, tbf they haven’t spent enough for a play off push, Yet.

Mid table in spending but near bottom in attendances. Venkys have been doing there bit in recent times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

Mid table in spending but near bottom in attendances. Venkys have been doing there bit in recent times.

Absolutely. As has the academy with the likes of Lenihan, Nyambe, Raya, Travis, Buckley, Butterworth, Magloire and JRC who have all played some part in the first team picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think it’s as tight as is being painted Joe. Some will go from that list this month and by my reckoning, a third of the budget will be free for reinvestment in the summer when contracts / loan periods end.

As I intimated a couple of weeks ago, the club is relaxed and Venkys happy to spend. FFP is the only stumbling block. May end up being pleasantly surprised by the end of the window.

"11th and relaxed." Righto!

Personally I'd be asking what happened to my £12M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

Mid table in spending but near bottom in attendances. Venkys have been doing there bit in recent times.

They don’t run the club properly. The structure, accountability etc etc is wrong. Until that is sorted, it doesnt matter how much money they choose to waste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mulgrew coming back, despite Dack’s injury set baaaaack. We’re Blackburn Rovers, were on our way back! 

Have we scored from a direct free-kick since Charlie went to Wigun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Madon said:

I can't see that wage list being accurate, but if I was Lewis Travis or Ryan Nyambe I'd be demanding a 500% wage rise to put me in the mix of the top 10 earners at the club.

That is ridiculous! 

The site they are taken from clearly states at the top of the page that they are estimates. So a guess ,basically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The site they are taken from clearly states at the top of the page that they are estimates. So a guess ,basically. 

So basically it’s useless information? Buzzing. Have we signed anyone yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montyburns said:

Mid table in spending but near bottom in attendances. Venkys have been doing there bit in recent times.

Just a shame they caused the mess in the first place. But credit where it is due - I thought they would have pulled the plug years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 47er said:

"11th and relaxed." Righto!

Personally I'd be asking what happened to my £12M.

Please stop taking it out of context. I’m saying that in general they’re (staff) are relaxed about finances. The notion of us not having a pot to piss in is nonsense.

Id be asking about my £12m too but then I’m not a multi millionaire. If I looked at a manager who had a mid table budget and a team sat in the mid table with eyes on the top 6 I might, potentially be satisfied? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.