GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I have to disagree. Football is game between opposing teams where supporters attend matches to support their teams. The end.

TV and now the internet improved and increased coverage so that people could support from afar but when you boil it down, the whole point of a supporter is to support the team. This action is performed at the game. 

And a thousand miles away, when you look for the results for the team you've supported since being a wee nipper sneaking on the Blackburn End when the gates open because your dad said you were too young to go to the football in the early 70s. And every time the classic blue and white halves are (mainly were) pulled on for kick abouts, strolls on the beach, cycling, walking around new cities, or even just as PJs at the end of the day. The Rovers supporter is not exclusively defined by his or her ability (or inclination) to get to Ewood park on match day. It runs much, much deeper than that. For religion below, substitute 'football'tenor.gif?itemid=5016991

Edited by WIR Second Coming

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Weren’t we under a transfer embargo during our relegation season? Or was that the season before?

Look at the expenditure since we got back into the Champ. They’ve sanctioned two £5m+ signings. They deserve criticism for many reasons but they can’t be faulted for backing Mowbray over the last two seasons.

We were still able to sign players under embargo as long as they were on less than 10k pwk.

I can't see where i'm questioning the overall expendure so not sure why you're bringing that up i'm on about business done in Jan or lack of it. The promotion season i think they sanctioned some stuff to help us kick on, either side of that not much in the winter window.

I agree any faultering in terms of overall spending and where its gone under TM is right at his door but in Jan we should've done something in the relegation season, we should've done something last season and something now might really end the season well.  Same excuses we've heard several years past are being trotted out again now though so who's to blame if there's no action ?

It isn't FFP !

Edited by tomphil

35 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Got a message to say we had signed fletcher, my heart sank thinking it was Ashley fletcher, to my relief it was the woman’s team 

Yer, Sky also need to sort their shit out:

SSN.PNG

53 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Got a message to say we had signed fletcher, my heart sank thinking it was Ashley fletcher, to my relief it was the woman’s team 

Like he would bother coming here....will end up a premier league player.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

So basically it’s useless information? Buzzing. Have we signed anyone yet? 

Pretty much,  based off FIFA or football manger I would imagine. I don't know where else they would get the info, as it isn't public 

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Disagree. Dire footballer. Just as much chance as Sam Gallagher ie. Not much.

58 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Seems unlikely, his record is very poor.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

If you look at our spend on Salaries and fees we are roughly mid table in spending terms. So, tbf they haven’t spent enough for a play off push, Yet.

I've not got the numbers to hand, however, I suspect we are beyond mid table for our transfer spend since promotion.

However, I have to disagree with your argument.

It isn't about having "spent enough" or otherwise.

I think it's about the recruitment policy and how you get the best out of your players through organisation and tactics etc.  For glowing examples look at Brentford (who Mowbray keeps referring to) and Sheffield United (what Wilder did there and the resources he had before this season).

Mowbray has been here for three years now.  More than long enough to structure a recruitment department and policy  and more than long enough to fashion a playing identity.  Sadly, I think he's failed miserably where Brentford and Sheffield United have admirably succeeded and it's now time he was replaced.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I've not got the numbers to hand, however, I suspect we are beyond mid table for our transfer spend since promotion.

However, I have to disagree with your argument.

It isn't about having "spent enough" or otherwise.

I think it's about the recruitment policy and how you get the best out of your players through organisation and tactics etc.  For glowing examples look at Brentford (who Mowbray keeps referring to) and Sheffield United (what Wilder did there and the resources he had before this season).

Mowbray has been here for three years now.  More than long enough to structure a recruitment department and policy  and more than long enough to fashion a playing identity.  Sadly, I think he's failed miserably where Brentford and Sheffield United have admirably succeeded and it's now time he was replaced.

The recruitment policy is a completely different matter and I would tend to agree with some of your assertions.

My post was in relation to spend vs position argument where it was intimated that the owners were spending enough to expect promotion. The simple answer is they’re not. We have a mid table budget / spend on fees and salaries. There’s 11 clubs in the league who have parachute payments still being paid and will definitely have a bigger budget / liability than us.

Is everyone in Poland called Wozniak or do our scouting department just like the name?

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Is everyone in Poland called Wozniak or do our scouting department just like the name?

T'other lad was Jozwiak though.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

this. 

Edited by barry_

23 minutes ago, barry_ said:

this. 

There is a large section that really afford him more time and excuses than any other Rovers manager I can remember.  Often, they make out we are a tinpot League One outfit who are lucky to be in the Championship having spent a pittance and we are 'consolidating our position' .

...whereas in the real world, we have massive outgoings, spent millions on new players, have a shaky defence and similar-sized teams like Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Southampton and Leicester thought "to hell with consolidation", let's be bold and employ someone better and get promoted. Now they are lightyears ahead of us.  

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

There is a large section that really afford him more time and excuses than any other Rovers manager I can remember.  Often, they make out we are a tinpot League One outfit who are lucky to be in the Championship having spent a pittance and we are 'consolidating our position' .

...whereas in the real world, we have massive outgoings, spent millions on new players, have a shaky defence and similar-sized teams like Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Southampton and Leicester thought "to hell with consolidation", let's be bold and employ someone better and get promoted. Now they are lightyears ahead of us.  

In the real world we beat Sheffield Wednesday 5-0. And we got out of League One where other big clubs have remained. Tony is doing pretty well in my view, and if we can keep the back 4 fit I think we can make the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Perhaps you could copy us in on a post arguing that "we are a tinpot League One outfit who are lucky to be in the Championship" because I can't ever remember reading one.

If you look at the population sizes of the cities with the other clubs you refer to you will see that Blackburn Rovers cannot be described as similar sized.

36 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

In the real world we beat Sheffield Wednesday 5-0. And we got out of League One where other big clubs have remained. Tony is doing pretty well in my view, and if we can keep the back 4 fit I think we can make the playoffs.

Whereas in the real world, we'd not won in six and are 6 points off the pace.  We'd also gone on a longer winless run a matter of weeks before. We won't ever be dusting off the open-top charabanc under him. Sadly, no, nay and never going to happen because he faffs around with the team when all we needed was consistent selections and players in proper positions...he can't help himself and doesn't use the potential at his fingertips.  He did it last season too and really should have cottoned on by now.