BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Wouldnt be surprised if we didnt buy anyone.

We badly need wingers and a left back but most of our best reinforcements this season are short term and Gallagher has been a failure. Ideally we will sign players that can help us both this season and beyond but sadly the money is seemingly not there.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

O'Connell, and he wasn't let go on a free. If I recall it was rumoured to be about 500k. He went to Brentford, not Sheff United, and they sold him on.

Released then bury then sheff great turnaround and wouldn’t be the player he is now probably.

Shorodan Mustafi once on Everton books till 21 released signed for Arsenal 4 years later for 41 million. It happens.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers awaiting confirmation about loan deal from PL club. 

Don't know who the player is. 

This from Lancs Live report Jaquob Crooke

Think I’d save the wage and a typical premier Liverpool penalty clause and play Chapman

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Released then bury then sheff great turnaround and wouldn’t be the player he is now probably.

Shorodan Mustafi once on Everton books till 21 released signed for Arsenal 4 years later for 41 million. It happens.

No mate. Sold, to Brentford. Then sold on to Sheff U. Not released. Never played a game for Bury in his life. Not sure why you're trying to correct me before looking it up. Memory is unreliable pal. You may be thinking of a different player?

John O'Sullivan was loaned to Bury, later released by us, currently plying his trade at Morecambe but never kicked a football for Sheff U. You might be confusing the two? We received a bid for him at the same time as O'Connell, for about the same 500k fee. Bizarrely (not with hindsight, I said the same at the time) we rejected the O'Sullivan offer and sold O'Connell. Shoulda done it the other way.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Of to Sunderland by all accounts. Tony Coton is there head of recruitment ex Utd.

Even less PL than the original poster said then. Would still be a good player in League One I expect.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No mate. Sold, to Brentford. Then sold on to Sheff U. Not released. Never played a game for Bury in his life. Not sure why you're trying to correct me before looking it up. Memory is unreliable pal. You may be thinking of a different player?

Apologies your right.  could have sworn he played at bury but that’s a Eoghan OConnell ex Celtic! Now at Rochdale! 

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Even less PL than the original poster said then. Would still be a good player in League One I expect.

Utd fans call him the new Carrick a DM pass master, there’s a chap on twitter who’s like a top talent type scout named him as a star.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Apologies your right.  could have sworn he played at bury but that’s a Eoghan OConnell ex Celtic! Now at Rochdale! 

I've edited the post you quoted, if you take another look that may resolve it in your head.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Utd fans call him the new Carrick a DM pass master, there’s a chap on twitter who’s like a top talent type scout named him as a star.

Sorry mate I'm confused here. Thought we were on about Joe Garner, the striker, who came through our youth team? Are we on about a different Joe Garner, or has he started playing DM now?

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sorry mate I'm confused here. Thought we were on about Joe Garner, the striker, who came through our youth team? Are we on about a different Joe Garner, or has he started playing DM now?

Apologies Wergle meant this chap - James garner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Garner_(footballer,_born_2001)

Your right about Joe though but I imagine ghonerrea is more attractive at the minute to Tony than having that lad in one of our tops again!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Apologies Wergle meant this chap - James garner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Garner_(footballer,_born_2001)

Your right about Joe though but I imagine ghonerrea is more attractive at the minute to Tony than having that lad in one of our tops again!

Ah that makes more sense, he just used the wrong forename then. Not sure what we would benefit from an 18 year old CM (by the look of it). Sure he will fit in better at Sunderland for now.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

John O'Sullivan was loaned to Bury, later released by us, currently plying his trade at Morecambe but never kicked a football for Sheff U. You might be confusing the two? We received a bid for him at the same time as O'Connell, for about the same 500k fee. Bizarrely (not with hindsight, I said the same at the time) we rejected the O'Sullivan offer and sold O'Connell. Shoulda done it the other way.

Maybe they got confused with which was which as well lol

• Like 1