BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

22 minutes ago, JoeH said:

One player has been promoted in a year. That's not "many players" at all from where I'm sitting. Buckley and JRC absolutely nowhere near enough minutes to be classed as "brought through" yet. We'll see but I'm genuinely concerned JRC will still be waiting for his proper chance in summer.

Buckley has probably been given more time than he "deserved" (for want of a better word). 

I would say we are high with regards number of academy players in the squad 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say we are high with regards number of academy players in the squad 

1 every few years? No point spending the cash on Category One then.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

This thread is becoming unreadable and a sad state of affairs when deadline day is tomorrow, instead of transfers being discussed it’s massive posts about ffp, venkys or our youth players. Not blaming folk as I know we have little to go on but I won’t be reading your dissertation about the supposed finances of our club 

Have you given any actual names yet? Apologies if I've missed it but stuff like, "Someone being looked at as we speak"  & "Should see a deal going through imminently" kind of stuff doesn't strike me as remotely interesting, accurate or even genuine info. (They aren't direct quotes - but you get my drift). 

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

“I’m not a great negotiator, I like to be honest and give them what I think is there value but in the world that’s probably naive.”

He's genuinely just said this in his presser...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-press-conference-live-17657015

Complete clown but absolutely the level we operate now and all because of the rats that own us. 

• Like 2

Had to change username because of a few people on here. 

Take it or leave it. Ive been told, plain and simple, that the loan from the prem club is done. Most likely to be annunced today - the only "issue" is the  size of the payments paid from Rovers if he not plays a certain amount of games. Mowbray is firm on this and makes things difficult but my guy said the deal is 100% and therefore not a issue of the size "deal or no deal" - just a issue that needs to be sorted before making it official.

No names but judging by the games ive seen and i supposed the average football-fan, this is a good one. Surprising but good one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, because I base my opinion on more than stats. If I used stats I would just send back his goal scoring record last time he was here, which is critics are experts at omitting , glossing over and explaining away. 

The facts don't care about your opinion. Reality is that his goal return has been pitiful.

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Rothwell out for a month....

If he dont realize he need to sign any player TM is deluded...

Now perhaps we will see more of JRC. Shame for Rothwell as he had a great first half in the last match. Could have kicked on from there.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

1 every few years? No point spending the cash on Category One then.

It's £3 million a year isn't it, so even 1 player coming through a year is good. If they make the first team, they will command a higher fee than £3 million, some considerably more. It also means we don't need to sign a player, which wouldn't be cheap. 

If we sold all the ex-academy players in the first team squad now, we would get more than £20 million and that is a conservative estimate. That would cover 6 years of the academy. Then we may hit the jackpot and find another Phil Jones. 

5 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Take it or leave it. Ive been told, plain and simple, that the loan from the prem club is done. Most likely to be annunced today - the only "issue" is the  size of the payments paid from Rovers if he not plays a certain amount of games. Mowbray is firm on this and makes things difficult but my guy said the deal is 100% and therefore not a issue of the size "deal or no deal" - just a issue that needs to be sorted before making it official.

No names but judging by the games ive seen and i supposed the average football-fan, this is a good one. Surprising but good one.

Classic Mowbray "he needs to learn the way we play so I'm not promising him a minimum amount of games" by the sounds of it. 

8 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Why can't you give the name? 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's not all about goals. He is contributing to a team on the cusp of the play-offs. Will leave it at that. 

Plenty of cheap, low-risk signings who can "contribute". Gallagher has been AT BEST a mixed bag either up front, or on the wing.

We've spent £5m on a non-scoring striker who can't play as a winger. Bonkers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Because a moron here figured out my real name because of my username and started inboxing me on other social media demanding to tell him where I got my information from.

I think you should name and shame.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why can't you give the name? 

Its not like I think if a say the name it effects the deal somehow BUT my guy told me not to. Yes, you can say thats stupid but I want to keep my word and keep getting information. In fact he gave me to names just to spin my head but both of them goes under surprising but good. So ether one is more than fine by me

• Like 4

Just now, Dave574 said:

Its not like I think if a say the name it effects the deal somehow BUT my guy told me not to. Yes, you can say thats stupid but I want to keep my word and keep getting information. In fact he gave me to names just to spin my head but both of them goes under surprising but good. So ether one is more than fine by me

What age are these players? 

15 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

What foot does he kick with and what colour hair has he got.   Tell us that just so we know you're not just guessing like the rest of the ITKs knocking about 

• Like 1