BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, Husky said:

It's a definite statement of mediocrity.

can`t say that venkys did`nt back us last january,unfortunately tony or whoever is to blame spent 7 million quid on brereton,when full backs and a centre back were required,tbh if i was a venkys representitive id`e recommend you don`t spend anymore money,it just gets wasted,i think that is what is happening,would you give the club any money after seeing them blow 12 million quid

11 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Like TM keeps saying I usually need to calm the owners down when they want to splash the cash .... 

The Recruiting department is still building so meanwhile we sit with a begging bowl and hope X or Y get knocked out of the FA cup ...

Elliot and Jones are young pups ! 
Here’s hoping jRC gets his long overdue chance .. 

I was thinking the same two. Would be a pleasant surprise. Think I'd much prefer Curtis Jones, although I live in Liverpool and they rate Elliott really highly too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

My final guess/prediction is...

Danny Rose joins Newcastle, Matt Ritchie been playing left back recently, Ritchie is now free to join the mighty Rovers...

Boom!!!!!!!

My thoughts yesterday evening. A team still in the cup, Maybe the move got hindered due to Willems injury but back on with Rose's arrival.

Might also explain Magloires return? Potential 3-5-2 with Ritchie and Nyambe Wing backs? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

With all due respect, if the Club's can't agree the penalty clauses if said player doesn't play enough games and Mowbray isn't willing to budge then how can the deal be sorted?

Also it's somewhat concerning that this is an issue at all. If it was a player who was coming in to go straight into the side then we could agree to any penalty clauses we wanted as it would never become relevant.

Sounds like someone who quite possibly won't be playing therefore another potentially pointless signing like Chapman.

Totally agree.

His understanding of it, like he said today, is that if he promises game-time and put the player on the bench is that they will never loan him players again. 

I get that but at the same time no manager will loan at potensial stars to a manager who says he will put them on the bench. 

I am concerned that the transfer negotiations are being handled by Mowbray and Venus rather than someone higher up the chain.

I don't think in this day and age it is right or good for the manager to be doing this.

Deadline day tomorrow and Mowbray is on about being at Brockhall whilst the squad go up to Middlesbrough.

Not good. CEO or Sporting Director should be dealing with the transfer nonsense tomorrow and Mowbray should be 100% focused on 3 points at the Riverside. No room for slip ups if we really want promotion.

• Like 5

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18200000.probably-naive---mowbray-approaching-transfer-window/

What a joke. If he refuses to negotiate properly get someone in who can. No wonder we're so poor every transfer window.

Edit: Not to mention - why is Mowbray doing the negotiation, surely it's his job to choose targets and then a more business oriented person's place to negotiate further?

Edited by RTM08
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Have you given any actual names yet? Apologies if I've missed it but stuff like, "Someone being looked at as we speak"  & "Should see a deal going through imminently" kind of stuff doesn't strike me as remotely interesting, accurate or even genuine info. (They aren't direct quotes - but you get my drift). 

Due to a lack of respect on here- as above post- , I’m not for giving names anymore however my record speaks for itself, beat the media to a whole list of names, who would then publish it as breaking the next day. 
you will need to get your names off davie whoever that was previously 

some folk spoil it for everyone 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18200000.probably-naive---mowbray-approaching-transfer-window/

What a joke. If he refuses to negotiate properly get someone in who can. No wonder we're so poor every transfer window.

Edit: Not to mention - why is Mowbray doing the negotiation, surely it's his job to choose targets and then a more business oriented person's place to negotiate further?

Seems all very Barry Fry circa 1994.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Mowbray’s mob are running the show.

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The new quote is: "All we're trying to do is add some depth." I thought we were only after players who are better than the ones we currently have?

So hard keeping up with the bloke.

Remember they also must be good humans, humble, not flighty.

• Like 1