BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some rumours on twitter that we were trying hard for Luke Freeman, but that it has fallen through as Sheffield couldn't finalize a deal for his replacement. 

Would add up as we know Tony likes to stick with a target when he identifies one. 

Yeah, that's what I was saying yesterday. Seems Forest are after him now though. Freeman would be good indeed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Due to a lack of respect on here- as above post- , I’m not for giving names anymore however my record speaks for itself, beat the media to a whole list of names, who would then publish it as breaking the next day. 
you will need to get your names off davie whoever that was previously 

some folk spoil it for everyone 

Dream on. Clearly, you haven't broken any news.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Seems all very Barry Fry circa 1994.

Again, Armstrong was a steal at £1.75 million. And plenty of clubs were after Gallagher and ready to match the price. If the lad keeps working like he does, and we are winning plenty,  I won't be critical. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Again, Armstrong was a steal at £1.75 million. And plenty of clubs were after Gallagher and ready to match the price. If the lad keeps working like he does, and we are winning plenty,  I won't be critical. 

Who said he wasn’t a steal? 

19 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Due to a lack of respect on here- as above post- , I’m not for giving names anymore however my record speaks for itself, beat the media to a whole list of names, who would then publish it as breaking the next day. 
you will need to get your names off davie whoever that was previously 

some folk spoil it for everyone 

Fair enough.. spoil the names after the deadline... we wont sign anyone anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Some were saying Tony is useless at negotiations. I thought we would've paid £3 million for Armstrong at the time. And Dack and Rothwell were signed for peanuts.

Tony said he was, today!

“I’m not a great negotiator, I like to be honest and tell people what I think things are worth. If I don’t want to do it, I’m not coming back with another price.

But that’s probably naïve”

Edited by Mattyblue

“I’m not a great negotiator, I like to be honest and tell people what I think things are worth. If I don’t want to do it, I’m not coming back with another price.

“But that’s probably naïve, the world is all about ‘you’ve offered that but we know that you’ve got another two or three offers coming’.

This completely explains all past windows under Mowbray and why he will never, ever get us promoted. What a farce!

• Like 2

Im lost of word. My info earlier was not wrong, the deal between club was 100%, just an issue with the payments as explained. Now, in the last 2 hours, one other Championship-club has come in for the same player. The odd thing - its a bid and not for loan. Did not get specifics but was told that the bid was ridiculosy high. The club consider but rates him highly and would prefer loan.

This is just bad negotioans-tactics. The deal could have been done and officially annunced yesterday if Mowbray was a bit more cynical.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Fair enough.. spoil the names after the deadline... we wont sign anyone anyway.

Haha, expecting at least one, pretty confident - possibly two. 
smallwood will go tomorrow with mulgrew unlikely to see rest of season here but don’t think he will move tomorrow 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Like TM keeps saying I usually need to calm the owners down when they want to splash the cash .... 

The Recruiting department is still building so meanwhile we sit with a begging bowl and hope X or Y get knocked out of the FA cup ...

Elliot and Jones are young pups ! 
Here’s hoping jRC gets his long overdue chance .. 

Must be the only manager on the planet that turns down the opportunity to spend money...

1 minute ago, Dave574 said:

Im lost of word. My info earlier was not wrong, the deal between club was 100%, just an issue with the payments as explained. Now, in the last 2 hours, one other Championship-club has come in for the same player. The odd thing - its a bid and not for loan. Did not get specifics but was told that the bid was ridiculosy high. The club consider but rates him highly and would prefer loan.

This is just bad negotioans-tactics. The deal could have been done and officially annunced yesterday if Mowbray was a bit more cynical.

Sorry what was your username before? 

23 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18200000.probably-naive---mowbray-approaching-transfer-window/

What a joke. If he refuses to negotiate properly get someone in who can. No wonder we're so poor every transfer window.

Edit: Not to mention - why is Mowbray doing the negotiation, surely it's his job to choose targets and then a more business oriented person's place to negotiate further?

How unprofessional can we sound? A few comments to calm me down.

1) only add depth?!?!? Other than it being a u turn it's also stupid to do when on a limited budget rather than using what you have to improve. 

2) that said I think that translates into I won't get anyone good so I will move the goalposts (which happens a lot here). 

3) the response of integrity is to get the best deal for your employer's Blackburn Rovers in the transfer window 

4) why is he even doing it not someone higher up? Oh I give up - we are so unprofessional and a shambles. For those who say Venkys are doing it right or the current management is doing it properly this interview shows in so many ways that's a load of bull. We might not be the soap opera we were but it's still a circus at Ewood. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave574 said:

Do you mean clinical?