BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

27 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

"Tony Mowbray says he will continue to be honest in transfer negotiations, even if it may not work in Rovers’ favour."

Just indefensible really, what a clown

@K-Hod

"I never see anyone insult Mowbray or call him names on here"

You have said that line a good few times now. So just showing you one for reference 

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Following in Forest’s footsteps, Brentford are about to splash £3 million on two lads from Oxford.

We signed a lad from Oxford too. He cost peanuts and is worth a lot more than £3m.

• Like 3

Can we stop pretending that we have benevolent and competent owners, and that if it wasn’t for Tony Mowbray we’d be signing a whole host of brilliant footballers.

Problems in transfer activity go well beyond the manager. If that wasn’t the case he’d be out of a job.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t need to prove myself to you, I most certainly have in the past. 

I've proven myself too. I broke the story that Ray Wilkins was looking for a place in Wilpshire - in 88,89,91,92 and 93

*Someone got in there before me in 90.

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well that’s lovely Masher, not sure I’d want you negotiating like.

Thanks - no I wouldn't want me doing it either !

On a more serious note if it is correct that football people are expected to be involved in these negotiations it is just a further pointer to the absurd way the club is set up by the owners. I don't think Mowbray or any other football manager should be criticised if they are lacking at something that would not normally be associated with a manager's skillset.

3 hours ago, Amo said:

Plenty of cheap, low-risk signings who can "contribute". Gallagher has been AT BEST a mixed bag either up front, or on the wing.

We've spent £5m on a non-scoring striker who can't play as a winger. Bonkers.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Name 1 

3 hours ago, Amo said:

Benrahma. Cost Brentford £1.5m

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Easy in hindsight. 

I meant name one we could sign now 

"Name one" to "name one we could sign now" is changing the question.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Eh? Joe Rothwell isn’t worth more than £3m? Jeez, you can tell you don’t go to the matches mate! ???

I'm a big fan of Rothwell but that is a bit far-fetched at the moment. He has bags of potential and if and when it falls in to place, he will be worth a lot.  E

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Haha, expecting at least one, pretty confident - possibly two. 
smallwood will go tomorrow with mulgrew unlikely to see rest of season here but don’t think he will move tomorrow 

Smallwood to league one right? Can you give more info on Mulgrew?

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Thanks - no I wouldn't want me doing it either !

On a more serious note if it is correct that football people are expected to be involved in these negotiations it is just a further pointer to the absurd way the club is set up by the owners. I don't think Mowbray or any other football manager should be criticised if they are lacking at something that would not normally be associated with a manager's skillset.

Mowbrays point is being taken out of context (as usual). He’s basically saying that he doesn’t get involved in all the bollocks of going back and forth. He keeps it simple and honest and talks about football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? Joe Rothwell isn’t worth more than £3m? Jeez, you can tell you don’t go to the matches mate! ???

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-rothwell/profil/spieler/183293

He played well for 45 minutes the other night but otherwise has been either shit or anonymous or both so can't see his valuation having changed much. Of course attacking mids who score goals are worth good money but he never scores so....

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I'm a big fan of Rothwell but that is a bit far-fetched at the moment. He has bags of potential and if and when it falls in to place, he will be worth a lot.  E

Not worth £3m in the current market!?? 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

He been on the bench nearly as much as he has started this season and until Tuesday had no goals and no assists this season. I'm a fan of Rothwell and think he has been very underused during his time here but he is not worth £3 Million+

• Like 5

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-rothwell/profil/spieler/183293

He played well for 45 minutes the other night but otherwise has been either shit or anonymous or both so can't see his valuation having changed much. Of course attacking mids who score goals are worth good money but he never scores so....

Oh no...getting the transfer market link out now! ?

• Like 1

Just now, Dave574 said:

Smallwood to league one right? Can you give more info on Mulgrew?

Yea top half league one, although Barnsley might consider, mulgrew wants to finish abroad, I can see him moving outwith the window. Don’t see him playing much more minutes for us if any 

• Like 1