BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We dont need a striker in January. 

Striker position is the least priority we need a signings in.

We have 4 strikers. Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Brereton. 

The top priorities is left back and keeper. Then centre back. 

If we sort the defence out first and then the chance of signing a striker who knows where the back off the net is, then why not take it? Brereton can go out on loan, Armstrong can stay wide, which leaves DG and SG, So I would say a striker would be a good signing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

If we sort the defence out first and then the chance of signing a striker who knows where the back off the net is, then why not take it? Brereton can go out on loan, Armstrong can stay wide, which leaves DG and SG, So I would say a striker would be a good signing. 

Yes, when you think that there's issues with 4 strikers we see we need some work done up top as soon as we get our defence sorted. Armstrong doesn't really cut it up front and is much better on the wing, Bereton is not good enough, Graham is 34 and the jury is out on Gally (it's only been recently he's shown glimpses of promo and so far they are glimpses welcome as they are). In short we look a bit shaky up top too. 

The defence and especially the keeper is a more important area as we leak goals and are very short there, but it's not a strong situation up top either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Cos I would use the strikers we got. 

I only see 2 or 3 signings in January. 

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

Bell will be wearing a Rovers badge and Cunningham won’t. It’s that simple for some.

Back the lads. Give him a chance FFS.

(Get your screen-shotting fingers ready @jimwilkz so you can share this with your Twitter tribe... of four followers who like your posts).

There are some absolute numpties on that Telegraph site. Very little debate, just chatting utter bollocks and constructive criticism is not allowed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We dont need a striker in January. 

Striker position is the least priority we need a signings in.

We have 4 strikers. Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Brereton. 

The top priorities is left back and keeper. Then centre back. 

I think we'll be replacing Dack in Jan (or maybe Holtby is that man already). The interview with Mowbray last week seemed like an advertisement to any Premier League teams that he is available and we won't stand on his way

Hopefully, we keep our run going and leave us with a good chance of the play offs, otherwise, I reckon he's gone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos I would use the strikers we got. 

I only see 2 or 3 signings in January. 

I even see that as optimistic, my guess would be just one , a left back - barring any major departures of course

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think we'll be replacing Dack in Jan (or maybe Holtby is that man already). The interview with Mowbray last week seemed like an advertisement to any Premier League teams that he is available and we won't stand on his way

Hopefully, we keep our run going and leave us with a good chance of the play offs, otherwise, I reckon he's gone.

I dont see Dack going anywheee. 

Just now, AJW said:

I even see that as optimistic, my guess would be just one , a left back - barring any major departures of course

Mowbray said he wants left back and keeper

Did he ??.. I missed that .. As back up or to replace Walton ?

That bird of his won't have him away from the big smoke for long and he sees himself as a PL player. Someone like Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford or Palace will come in for him eventually.

27 minutes ago, AJW said:

Did he ??.. I missed that .. As back up or to replace Walton ?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18061508.mowbray-explains-rovers-keeper-search-raya-exit/

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That bird of his won't have him away from the big smoke for long and he sees himself as a PL player. Someone like Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford or Palace will come in for him eventually.

Why have you spoken to Olivia then? 

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whilst I'm imagining that Pedro hasn't spoken to Olivia it's a distinct possibility and you'd have to be very naive not to see it. They've already spoken on record about how much time they spend down south and so it's far from a stretch to suggest they may want to settle there especially as that is where her "career" is based. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Whilst I'm imagining that Pedro hasn't spoken to Olivia it's a distinct possibility and you'd have to be very naive not to see it. They've already spoken on record about how much time they spend down south and so it's far from a stretch to suggest they may want to settle there especially as that is where her "career" is based. 

I think his best chance of PL football is here with us IMO. Thats my overall point. 

I dont see any of those clubs being mention being interested in Dack

I think his best chance of PL football is here with us IMO. Thats my overall point. 

I dont see any of those clubs being mention being interested in Dack

Chaddy, we haven't looked like getting promoted since we came down however many years ago. TM has taken us on 2 shocking runs. It's wildly optimistic to think we'll go up, and this is Dack's best chance. Whether it is one of the clubs mentioned, or say, West Brom, Leeds, or Fulham for example, are much more likely to go up and may want Dack. Heck a lot of lower prem teams might. Appreciate these aren't all south, but the issue I'm raising is the idea that his best chance of PL football is here. Clearly not the case given we get a nosebleed when we go near the playoffs. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

Chaddy, we haven't looked like getting promoted since we came down however many years ago. TM has taken us on 2 shocking runs. It's wildly optimistic to think we'll go up, and this is Dack's best chance. Whether it is one of the clubs mentioned, or say, West Brom, Leeds, or Fulham for example, are much more likely to go up and may want Dack. Heck a lot of lower prem teams might. Appreciate these aren't all south, but the issue I'm raising is the idea that his best chance of PL football is here. Clearly not the case given we get a nosebleed when we go near the playoffs. 

Yet again I dont see those clubs being interested. He isnt their type of player. 

I am fully aware of the runs we have been on Under Mowbray. You dont need to tell me. 

Mowbray has been asked about Dack signing a new contract and has answered with very non committal responses every time, nothing suggests he is about to or there is even a good chancs that he will renew his contract that expires at the end of last season.

The chances of us getting promoted seem very minimal, we are at a peak in terms of form and we are still a couple of wins and quite a few places even from the lottery of a top 6 place, id be amazed if we got in there this season.  There are no signs that we have the capability to put together a consistent run to compete with the top 6. With 12 months to go next summer I suspect he will go perhaps at a slightly discounted rate.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray has been asked about Dack signing a new contract and has answered with very non committal responses every time, nothing suggests he is about to or there is even a good chancs that he will renew his contract that expires at the end of

We been talking to Dack for months about a new deal. 

His best football has been under Mowbray and they have a good relationship

Neither of which suggests he won't move on. The deal isn't done and even if it was when a bigger club comes calling contracts mean very little.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly, with no sign of a resolution. A bit like Hoilett and him signing "within 24 hours."

He may well do but ultimately when hes scoring all the goals for a side festering in mid table eventually ambition will take hold like any player and with his contract ticking down he holds the power.

Karl Darlow - Newcastle United
Richard Keogh - (Free for a year)
Charlie Daniels - Bournemouth

Bish, bash, bosh - that’s the transfer window sorted. A decent left-back, a long term keeper, and some cover at centre back with a nice experienced head. 

Chuck in Scott Wharton returning, Smallwood, Gladwin and Hart leaving and you’d almost call it a successful window...

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Bish, bash, bosh - that’s the transfer window sorted. A decent left-back, a long term keeper, and some cover at centre back with a nice experienced head. 

Chuck in Scott Wharton returning, Smallwood, Gladwin and Hart leaving and you’d almost call it a successful window...

One problem... Keogh is out for a year after his car accident incident.

As is Daniels.

So Darlow it is then

Edited by Wegerleswiggle

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

With the terrible injury he sustained in that car crash I’d be surprised if he plays football again, Keogh. Out for a year minimum as it is, wouldn’t be going in for him when he’s back fit, if he loses any more pace my Grandma and her two metal knees would be able to out-run him.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You remember how Mowbray also said he was going to fix the defence? Yet here we are. We are pretty bad at getting business over the line these days. Even if he does try all out for 2 or 3 players, most of us won't be the least surprised if we only land one. Zero isn't out of the question either, though it would be a real blow.

• Like 3