BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

If you remember, that deal and bid came right at the very end of the window when Venky's apparently injected a lump of cash Mowbray hadn't been expecting. 

Celtic wouldn’t stump up the cash for mcginn - where he wanted to go, we came in and I believe met fee and had discussions with mcginn but once villa got involved it was game over for us. I really don’t think mcginn broke down because we didn’t put money up, not from my understanding anyway 

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Anyway - they want Smallwood out to Barnsley or Sunderland, a left back in on loan and Freeman on a loan with an option. Mulgrew is staying around until he can get off to the US or Aus. 

I'm going to predict that none of this happens, not getting at you there BTW.

Funny on the McGinn thing, I always thought it didn't go any further because Mowbray told him he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter with Smallwood and Evans here.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I'm going to predict that none of this happens, not getting at you there BTW.

Funny on the McGinn thing, I always thought it didn't go any further because Mowbray told him he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter with Smallwood and Evans here.

Probably not - but you won’t see our ITK’ers say I’m wrong and I won’t get wound up at people saying I am. That’s the aim, don’t know who the left back is, they like City for giving them Tosin and City like us - do they have any?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

As far as I’m aware I’m the only person that can change peoples usernames and I haven’t changed any recently. 

Anyway - they want Smallwood out to Barnsley or Sunderland, a left back in on loan and Freeman on a loan with an option. Mulgrew is staying around until he can get off to the US or Aus. 

Pretty much on the money ?

Forest signed Gaetan Bong from Brighton.

Compare and contrast - owners that hide behind Ffp and pretend they want to invest and owners who have invested heavily for 2 years to try to get promoted and don't give a stuff about Ffp.

Just now, JHRover said:

Forest signed Gaetan Bong from Brighton.

Compare and contrast - owners that hide behind Ffp and pretend they want to invest and owners who have invested heavily for 2 years to try to get promoted and don't give a stuff about Ffp.

Have you looked at how much money they’ve received in transfers? They received 20m in two seasons - 14m on academy players, which is what FFP loves. 

• Like 1

To be fair over the last few years on here it’s only @unleaded who I’ve seen deliver any sort of transfer info that’s turned out to be true. Think a couple of people on here give their opinion and cast it off as though it’s “info” bit sad really. Who was the guy who was adamant we were in for Assombalonga and that we’d sign him? ?... I appreciate people posting what they claim to know, but I think a lot of them know as much as the rest of us, which is nothing. Anyway, not sounding good regarding any incomings, shame really, we’re on the verge of the top six and a couple of extra bodies in would have done us the world of good. Curse you FFP and the Brereton and Gallagher money... 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Always the case on here mate. Everyone who knows anything eventually gets chased off because ultimately this is a place for people to vent. They don’t want to know the truth. 

Absolute nonsense. Of course, genuine and complete information is always welcomed but considering that most information is false and fabricated for the purpose of attention, people are naturally skeptical, especially when key bits of information notably the actual player are missing. Of course there is a chance that it being because that they have been sworn to secrecy in which case you then question their motivation to share such a vague bit of information at all. You cant expect everyone to believe all rumours, if you stick one up then fair play but you are there to be questioned, queried and at times disbelieved.

@J*B has just shared some information with major pieces of information missing ie the actual left back and his club and as a result I am very skeptical towards its overall accuracy, but crucially he understands that he wont automatically be believed and is there to be questioned and potentially shot down. He has said that he wont be wound up if he is not believed and that is the correct attitude to take.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

This is one of our big problems at the min TM is the manager not the coach....... so in affect both him and wiggnot are making all the decisions and Turkey's down vote for Christmas..... it's clear both bretherton and big sam was not TMs signings 

Its "Brereton!", we couldn't afford Bretherton!

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

"Name one" to "name one we could sign now" is changing the question.

I suppose you could take it to mean either,but I clarified what I meant quickly,so I don't understand why you are trying to tell me I meant something different. I know what I meant and I have since clarified it for those that misunderstood. 

As I said, any fool can go back and pick a transfer that worked out. I know those ones. I can go and pick 10 that didn't work if that's what we are doing.  

The poster said it's easy to do, so I asked for an example. It's clearly not easy though,is it? Because he can't name one. 

Thanks for putting the posts together like that. Saves me having to do it. 

• Like 1