Jump to content
GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, JacknOry said:

70% down the line and he was told to watch Smallwood

Haha I don’t know anything about that. Mowbray still keeps an interest in hibs though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Naming players doesn’t scupper deals. Most clubs know roughly who is available. Before a player signs most agents do a last minute run around of other similar stature clubs. 
But it does wind the club up internally and staff have been called into meetings to tell them to stop discussing things outside of the club. 
Berg was obsessed with leaks. Bowyer didn’t like it. Mowbray has to be fair done loads to stop it. 
I’m certainly not ITK but I hear less under Mowbray than I have under almost any manager I can remember. 

Don't they all just log onto their Wyscout app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, J*B said:

Have you looked at how much money they’ve received in transfers? They received 20m in two seasons - 14m on academy players, which is what FFP loves. 

Raya? Mahoney? £4 million 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its "Brereton!", we couldn't afford Bretherton!

I Apologise for the spelling mistake my learned friend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, J*B said:

As far as I’m aware I’m the only person that can change peoples usernames and I haven’t changed any recently. 
 

Anyway - they want Smallwood out to Barnsley or Sunderland, a left back in on loan and Freeman on a loan with an option. Mulgrew is staying around until he can get off to the US or Aus. 

I thought Sunderland have just signed a midfield battler from QPR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, J*B said:

In other news Wigan have just sold a player to AC Milan. 

wtf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JacknOry said:

wtf

 

Left back, funnily enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

At the time i thought it was shown he did.

I heard they did from what I would consider a very reliable source. Well placed and without any motive to make mischief. I did some digging and couldn’t find any link. Double checked with said source who confirmed he was just going of what he had been told and didn’t know for sure. I concluded there was nothing in that, but a little bit of digging threw up far bigger concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Butty said:

To be fair over the last few years on here it’s only @unleaded who I’ve seen deliver any sort of transfer info that’s turned out to be true. Think a couple of people on here give their opinion and cast it off as though it’s “info” bit sad really. Who was the guy who was adamant we were in for Assombalonga and that we’d sign him? 😂... I appreciate people posting what they claim to know, but I think a lot of them know as much as the rest of us, which is nothing. Anyway, not sounding good regarding any incomings, shame really, we’re on the verge of the top six and a couple of extra bodies in would have done us the world of good. Curse you FFP and the Brereton and Gallagher money... 

I was just about to post the same thing. Only unleaded has ever revealed names that have not been linked elsewhere before, and then interest has come to fruition. Others seem to come out with names that are rumoured to be close from elsewhere as though they are breaking some big news.

Of course it may well  be that they have confirmation that the rumours are true from within the club, but until someone pulls a name out that hasn't been mentioned anywhere before I take everyone with a pinch of salt and the view that they are acting like they are ITK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

Raya? Mahoney? £4 million 

Absolutely - Brereton, Gallagher, £12 million. The only way to beat FFP is to have 2 years of minimal expenditure followed by 1 year of going for it, or sell academy players for money. Wigan have got 10m for their left back, they bought him for 2m. They’ll be going for it tomorrow - that’s a fantastic FFP deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J*B said:

Absolutely - Brereton, Gallagher, £12 million. The only way to beat FFP is to have 2 years of minimal expenditure followed by 1 year of going for it, or sell academy players for money. Wigan have got 10m for their left back, they bought him for 2m. They’ll be going for it tomorrow - that’s a fantastic FFP deal. 

We've brought in more money through player sales since 2015 than pretty much anyone in this league.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hasta said:

I was just about to post the same thing. Only unleaded has ever revealed names that have not been linked elsewhere before, and then interest has come to fruition. Others seem to come out with names that are rumoured to be close from elsewhere as though they are breaking some big news.

Of course it may well  be that they have confirmation that the rumours are true from within the club, but until someone pulls a name out that hasn't been mentioned anywhere before I take everyone with a pinch of salt and the view that they are acting like they are ITK. 

Nope. Seen Madon and bbrovers post before anyone else and it come true. 

Unleaded also named quite a few that went absolutely nowhere, like not even mentioned in the press. But he also came up with real info (years and years ago last I saw).

Edited by bluebruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

We've brought in more money through player sales since 2015 than pretty much anyone in this league.

 

 

Ehhhh!? 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birmingham signing Hogan and Enobokhare. Couple of potentially season changing additions if used correctly. Thought they were in FFP bother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J*B said:

Absolutely - Brereton, Gallagher, £12 million. The only way to beat FFP is to have 2 years of minimal expenditure followed by 1 year of going for it, or sell academy players for money. Wigan have got 10m for their left back, they bought him for 2m. They’ll be going for it tomorrow - that’s a fantastic FFP deal. 

This is where I dont get Rovers strategy.  We've made more profit  on defenders - Jones, Samba, Hanley, Duffy etc than any other Part of the team.  Yet seemingly we refuse to spend on the defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paul Mani said:

Ehhhh!? 🤐

I take it you've forgotten Gestede, Rhodes, Cairney, Marshall, Hanley, Duffy, Raya, King - estimated £33 million there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

Birmingham signing Hogan and Enobokhare. Couple of potentially season changing additions if used correctly. Thought they were in FFP bother?

Jude Bellingham is easily sellable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

We've brought in more money through player sales since 2015 than pretty much anyone in this league.

 

 

Yes but only 18/19, 19/20 is considered for FFP.  That is the years we’ve been in the league. 
We have sold players for circa 4m during that period. 
We have bought players for circa 14m during that time. 
We need a sale to spend any money. 
We can only loan if it reduces the wage bill. 
Cunningham leaving would have helped, but Mulgrew is back. 
If we can get rid of Smallwood, we can sign a loan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I heard they did from what I would consider a very reliable source. Well placed and without any motive to make mischief. I did some digging and couldn’t find any link. Double checked with said source who confirmed he was just going of what he had been told and didn’t know for sure. I concluded there was nothing in that, but a little bit of digging threw up far bigger concerns.

Well if it was the one i'm thinking of he was first to throw 'conspiracy' at me and a lot of better placed others in the past. The last person you'd expect to be coming out with that so he must've heard it from somewhere he considers spot on.

Nixon at the time, who's well known to be close to certain camps. said Forest brought in their own agent to shift BB.  Links could have come from that if there was a few involved.

As for the other stuff it sounds worrying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nope. Seen Madon and bbrovers post before anyone else and it come true. 

Unleaded also named quite a few that went absolutely nowhere, like not even mentioned in the press. But he also came up with real info (years and years ago last I saw).

Fair play, maybe they did, but I don't recall it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think some are being unfair on Bburn7387434 or whatever the numbers are lol

I think he has been quite close to the mark in the past as has Madon. Dunno who the hell this Dave is that has just popped out of nowhere though.

We're all a little stressed by this window but no need to take it out on those two...if they were wide of the mark most of the time I would agree.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J*B said:

Yes but only 18/19, 19/20 is considered for FFP.  That is the years we’ve been in the league. 
We have sold players for circa 4m during that period. 
We have bought players for circa 14m during that time. 
We need a sale to spend any money. 
We can only loan if it reduces the wage bill. 
Cunningham leaving would have helped, but Mulgrew is back
If we can get rid of Smallwood, we can sign a loan. 

Why didn’t we say no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I was just about to post the same thing. Only unleaded has ever revealed names that have not been linked elsewhere before, and then interest has come to fruition. Others seem to come out with names that are rumoured to be close from elsewhere as though they are breaking some big news.

Of course it may well  be that they have confirmation that the rumours are true from within the club, but until someone pulls a name out that hasn't been mentioned anywhere before I take everyone with a pinch of salt and the view that they are acting like they are ITK. 

Sure he has but I haven’t seen anything from unleaded- certainly not recently. Who did he break?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sure he has but I haven’t seen anything from unleaded- certainly not recently. Who did he break?

Can't remember. It's just stuck in my head once thinking "he was right". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.