BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

100% back them in not paying that kind of money. Moaning or no moaning we don't want to be going back down that road 

Although Bauer wanted 40/50 grand pwk apparently....

North End went and signed Sinclair from Celtic. Dont know what he was on but suspect if he had been linked with a move here the naysayers would be out saying it was a non starter due to wages.

It's the Sharp MO. Don't rule out an interest but say wages an issue that will need negotiating down.

Like with Harrison Reed I think we just sit there hoping that the lending club place more importance on him getting games somewhere than getting a decent contribution to his wages.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Well of course we wouldn't. It'll come through in £500-800k instalments over the next year. Helps with FFP but will never be seen in terms of a big transfer fee because we won't be receiving it in a big transfer fee.

That doesn’t necessarily mean it couldn’t go on transfers. Any fee we paid out would go out in instalments too. Cash flow isn’t the issue.

Apparently Venkys are desperate to spend, so £5 million unexpected income should move us £5 million further away from the FFP threshold. Ultimately its three months losses covered, or it could easily earmarked for a signing, it’d just effectively leave us exactly where we are now financially. Depends what way the wind is blowing 7,000 miles away.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

We all know Rich Sharpe has now Idea...

It will be as usual that one@Rovers comes out with the signing out of the blue..

Be that as it may, Sharpe is saying one definite outgoing today (which seems to be Fisher on loan) and one possible outgoing (since he mentioned Smallwood or Samuel, I'm guessing he means one of them).

Judging by what else he has said, the team coach should have set off by now. Would give an indication to know whether TM was on it.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That doesn’t necessarily mean it couldn’t go on transfers. Any fee we paid out would go out in instalments too. Cash flow isn’t the issue.

Apparently Venkys are desperate to spend, so £5 million unexpected income should move us £5 million further away from the FFP threshold. Ultimately its three months losses covered, or it could easily earmarked for a signing, it’d just effectively leave us exactly where we are now financially. Depends what way the wind is blowing 7,000 miles away.

If you have guaranteed revenue you can borrow against it obviously at a cost like when we mortgaged season tickets. That said owners can inject an equivalent amount of capital against the  expected revenue to be received at cost.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

North End went and signed Sinclair from Celtic. Dont know what he was on but suspect if he had been linked with a move here the naysayers would be out saying it was a non starter due to wages.

It's the Sharp MO. Don't rule out an interest but say wages an issue that will need negotiating down.

Like with Harrison Reed I think we just sit there hoping that the lending club place more importance on him getting games somewhere than getting a decent contribution to his wages.

Not knocking the signings of Holtby and Johnson they are on paper 2 decent players. Better than what we had but I think those two for the price of one Reed is the thinking behind that one.

Sometimes though you just have to bite the bullet and buy and pay a quality player every now and then. If we go nowhere these short term signings just turn into dead  money again.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Don't think Atsu would be a good signing personally.

I've just spoken to a few mates that are Toon fans and they think he's OK. Apparently works hard and looks quick, but actually isn't. Didn't seem like a class above for them in Championship as they'd have expected, but he'd do OK. 

43 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No names mate, so yes we should press him. I've been up front about what I know with names.  Not made up rubbish

Press me for names? Im sorry Mr. Officier, can you tell me if the good cop is on his way?

Haha I was a bit frustrated by your comments but that one actually made me laugh. Not "haha" with a smile but I was actually laughing.

Im a family-man who happens to be "lucky" and have a guy i know in the football-game who again happens to know a thing or two about the club Im a fan of. And you, a guy a don't know is talking about "pressing me for names". Wow ?

Edited by Dave574

44 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF, and I think it's a very big IF, we do have a 20% sell on clause for King, I do not think we will see more than loose change made available either now or in the summer.

I think it's quite clear from this transfer window that we barely have a transfer pot to p1ss in.  IMO, all smoke and mirrors, bullsh1t and b0ll0cks.

Did you not say that last summer and the summer before?

Anyway what big hitter is about to depart which you said was a certainty?

• Like 2

I'm finding this Maddison to Hull on loan thing very odd. Peterborough were quite adamant they would only take his release clause despite 6 months left on his contract. It appeared that was met by two clubs and contract negotiations failed. Which obviously has pressured Peterborough into selling cheaper now it has gone so late, sure, as they don't want to lose all the money or have him stinking up the place not playing (as they said would be the case).

But the financials seem odd, even without knowing any figures. Whatever number Peterborough will actually accept as a permanent fee, you can't see them taking a penny less as a loan fee. Because to them it's the same, as loan or permanent he will never play for them again.

Meanwhile, why would Hull pay the same amount for a 6-month loan fee as they could pay to land him permanently? Or even a bit less (not that it makes sense for Peterborough to accept less as I said). They run a very real, maybe even likely, risk of losing the fight for him in the summer and having paid a lot for very little. Yes they will save a bit in wages meanwhile, but this would be counteracted by the larger signing on fee and wages that in-demand free agents normally charge due to the lack of a transfer fee. His stock could also skyrocket in that time if he has a good 6 months.

All very odd. The only thing that makes any sense to me is if the loan fee is greatly reduced (say a million or something) and both clubs are having a gamble. Hull on being able to get him in the summer without too much cost, and Peterborough on getting promoted and then being able to convince him to sign a new deal.

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nicko saying Atsu is a go. 

7825495_ScreenShot2020-01-31at13_26_27.png.9e441e9b18bb2f8a82e58b43de5347ab.png

Funny, your reading of that.

Can't comment on this player as I know nothing about him, I take that to mean it's a " no go" because as usual we're not in the ball park on financial terms.

Great this tyre kicking lark. We can spend all month sniffing round quality players trying to make it look like we're doing something and by 11 p.m.tonight won't have spent a bean!

Lovely!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bboy said:

Surely if josh King joins Man u. We might have flexibility for some late incomings. 20% clause I believe 

Doesn't come along in a lump sum. 

United pay Bournemouth in instalments, Rovers get 20% of those instalments. Will be months before we feel benefit. But will help wages/FFP.

12 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I've just spoken to a few mates that are Toon fans and they think he's OK. Apparently works hard and looks quick, but actually isn't. Didn't seem like a class above for them in Championship as they'd have expected, but he'd do OK. 

I've watched him many times and he's all of the above. Pish. Exactly what we don't need if we have any promotion aspirations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

I've watched him many times and he's all of the above. Pish. Exactly what we don't need if we have any promotion aspirations. 

Frustrating. Obviously wasn't one of our top targets otherwise we would've had some movement before the final day of the window. 

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Doesn't come along in a lump sum. 

United pay Bournemouth in instalments, Rovers get 20% of those instalments. Will be months before we feel benefit. But will help wages/FFP.

Ya,but that wouldn't really matter. We could make offers to clubs that would be paid in installments , as they would know we have the collateral to back it up. 

19 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

How can a player look quick but not actually be quick? 

• Like 1