GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

how do you not agree personal terms with ac milan,one of the biggest clubs in the world,either complete nixon b****t or complete arrogance from his agents

Crazy,isn't it? Did Wigan change their demands I wonder...

Bizzare 

According to the SSN website tracker, we are the only club in the entire league not to have made a signing this month.

I... am... flabbergasted! 

Edited by Angry_Pirate

How come blackburn would get £5m. Didn’t Bournemouth sign him as a free agent after his contract expired? Presumably not. 

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

According to the SSN website tracker, we are the only club in the entire league not to have made a signing this month.

Ya see this is the issue. I am an optimistic supporter. I do fight when I feel fans here are being unreasonable 

But 

If we don't sign anyone , it's criminal. There ,I said it. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you consider the window a total failuree if no one comes in?

100%.

Without sounding dramatic....the season will just peter out again! 

Nothing happening. No one can be surprised, no signs of ambition or competency and the token gesture of a speculative and unrealistic last minute loan deal will do nothing to suffice.

Business done! Not surprised but extremely disappointed especially with our luck with injuries 

Edited by OssyLad

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

How come blackburn would get £5m. Didn’t Bournemouth sign him as a free agent after his contract expired? Presumably not. 

Every club where a player has been between the ages of 12-23 gets to share 5 % when he generates a transfer sum. In other words, we'd be getting a bit of compensation, but nowhere near £5 million.

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

He was under 23 we agreed a deal with Bournemouth prior to it going to tribunal.

Just now, Commondore said:

Every club where a player has been between the ages of 12-23 gets to share 5 % when he generates a transfer sum. In other words, we'd be getting a bit of compensation, but nowhere near £5 million.

Are you sure about this?As reports suggest we have a 20 percent sell on Clause and we did a deal with Bournemouth before it went to tribunal

Ok, well that's inexcusable in my opinion. No doubt one or more of the 2 CBs or Bell will get injured. 

Even allowing for the likes of JRC and Chapman, we are still light upfront. The defensive situation is , frankly, amazing to me. 

The loan market NEEDS TO BE USED. Not doing so at a minimum is baffling. 

Righteo. I'm sure others will have worse to say. 

Best of luck Chaddy. 

Sharpe reporting our business is done because we couldn’t agree terms with Atsu. 

Absolute disgrace not to make any signings to strengthen us for the run in. 

Cue the Mowbray excuses that we tried and players wanted too much. What a tiring facade. 

Mowbray happy to plod along as long as he has his happy clappers backing him. The guy is so inept its laughable 

12 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

And yet I expect we are one of the clubs who needed to the most.

With injuries to Dack, Evans and Rothwell, shocking at left back, paper thin resistance to injury problems in defence and a poor goalie. Not to mention the huge amount of contracts running out this summer.

It's unconscionable to not pick anyone up this month.

Edited by bluebruce

very surprised that none of the squad who arn`t getting picked for the 1st team hav`nt tried to force a move away,but thats our problem,to many journeymen content to pick up their wages

Just now, Kie_BRFC said:

Sharpe reporting our business is done because we couldn’t agree terms with Atsu. 

Absolute disgrace not to make any signings to strengthen us for the run in. 

Cue the Mowbray excuses that we tried and players wanted too much. What a tiring facade. 

Agree but what does business is done mean? There hasn't been any effing business 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

?

Well you said 9 signings between now and next window. I think we both agreed 1-2 this window would help 

The reports are business is done

Hopefully not,but if it is...

We all knew that we wouldn't be signing anyone, maybe a loan at best.

Sounds like we've gone for Atsu and wages have kippered us.

We are on the cusp of breaching FFP rules and we aren't going to be in the playoffs anytime soon.

Without a reasonable sale, we weren't going to spending anything.

Three transfer windows in a row now (imo at least) where we've failed to strengthen where we need to strengthen and allowed the club to stagnate. 

Not only have we failed to bring in anybody in to boost the squad, but we've also failed to shift any deadwood. Not good at all.

At the very least we need to completely overhaul the transfer process and ideally take Mowbray and Venus out of it as they have proven to be incapable. Bring in a proper DoF and let them handle things. If Mowbray doesn't like it then tough shit, he knows where the door is. 

Edited by DE.

If we don't get at least a couple of positions strengthened in these last few hours, we better hope these younglings are as good as we're told they are. Or we're in for a rough end to the season.