BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

And yet despite that there are people on here who think the likes of Hughton and Pulis can hardly wait to get in through the door to take over as manager. They never learn.

Can't argue with that. We are where we are because of our rat owners. I don't even blame Mowbray, he's simply inept and I think quite possibly has an IQ less than 100, but means well, in a simple kind of way. 

Twitter and BRFCS in absolute meltdown, along with every other social media platform I presume.

Mowbray getting absolute pelters, yet hardly a single mention of the word VENKYS. 

It’s about time people concentrated on the cause, not the symptoms.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Amo said:

People seem shocked we didn’t sign anyone? :blink: Some of us knew this entire thread was a massive waste of time.

No Amo the thread was never a waste, We all know this is a place to vent anger. More like:

some of us know Tony Mowbray is a massive waste of time. Ok so I'm playing with words but I'm only doing what Rovers manager has been doing for the last 6 weeks ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Every club where a player has been between the ages of 12-23 gets to share 5 % when he generates a transfer sum. In other words, we'd be getting a bit of compensation, but nowhere near £5 million.

It depends on the deal we agreed with Bournemouth. If a player is under 24 and moves to a team in the same country then the clubs have to agree a fee if a fee is not agreed then it goes to a tribunal but in this case we negotiated a deal with Bournemouth.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Miller11 said:

Twitter and BRFCS in absolute meltdown, along with every other social media platform I presume.

Mowbray getting absolute pelters, yet hardly a single mention of the word VENKYS. 

You aren't wrong, but just for once it would be nice to have a manager who simply tells it like it is. Granted these managers would likely not come in the first place or be gone in six months Lambert-style, but it's been nearly a decade of this shit now and it's really, really getting old.

Its passed on. It  is no more! This thread  has ceased to be! Its expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX THREAD.

...and as several of us predicted.  Bugger all happened.

Goodnight.

Well although disappointed I think this is the best thing that has happened. We are destined for mid table full stop. Mowbray has wasted no more money on projects and bench warmers. We can use the under 23s and give them experience.

hopefully in summer we can revamp the squad and have a new man at the helm with a bit of freedom to do this without being hindered by Mowbray signings.

8 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I really can't understand why we didn't even enquire about Maddison! Surely he is the type of player we need!!!

Tony can't manage him. He's a rebel with  earphones, ripped jeans and tattoos.  He only wants passive, son-in-law types.

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Dack is out for 12 months I believe, so we're probably looking at closer to a November/December return for him unfortunately. We're likely to play half of next season without Dack as well as the rest of this one. That's a scary thought.

Brereton doesn't even play Rothwell's position naturally so this really shouldn't be a consideration. It is because of square peg round hole syndrome but we've already seen Brereton is not effective at all playing Rothwell's role. Gallagher too, although I would guess he's now nailed on to start there in Rothwell's absence.

Dack said in the interview on YouTube 8-9 months. If all goes well ,players can come back at that time. Henry Shefflin a Kilkenny hurler did his and played in an All-Ireland final 7 months later. Came on for 10 minutes. 

Back to his best though,ya, well that's a different story. He sounds very positive and motivated in the interview. 

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rich must be on the board. Hi Rich. 

The only club in the league not to make a signing. Is that right?

Screenshot_20200131-183109_Twitter.jpg

That is truly hard to believe. 

I didn't realise bare metal servers gave access to the entire server. 

Good news at last 

• Like 8

Although I blame Venkeys for the complete ……………. words cannot describe ,,,,,,,,,, they are right to leave Tony Mowbray in place with the "lets see what this footballing brain can do" attitude. But come 11pm they will know his ability. Get rid. 

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack said in the interview on YouTube 8-9 months. If all goes well ,players can come back at that time. Henry Shefflin a Kilkenny hurler did his and played in an All-Ireland final 7 months later. Came on for 10 minutes. 

Back to his best though,ya, well that's a different story. He sounds very positive and motivated in the interview. 

I certainly appreciate Dack's optimism and I'm sure he wants to be back as soon as possible - time isn't on his side as far as getting a move to a PL club is concerned - but rushing back from that type of injury would be the worst thing he could do. I really hope we aren't in a position next season where we have to risk bringing him into the fold early, as I can only see that ending badly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think the previous shit signings and daft contracts have stitched us up. They've given plenty of transfer funds and he's pissed it up the wall on a striker for the wing and a striker for carrying cones. Even in the summer, we'll need to sell to invest. The FFP goes off calculations for years, not seasons.  100% the blame lays at the feet of whoever signed these players and offered the contracts.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think they have said that they wanted to stay within the Ffp regulations and that breaking them wasn't an option.  Personally, I think that is the right decision at the moment.  The whole Ffp situation needs to be looked at because it clearly isn't working.  It was meant to stop clubs going to the wall but Bury have gone, Bolton are destined for League Two and Macclesfield, Southend and a number of others are surviving on a wing and a prayer.  At the other end of the scale it favours those clubs coming out of the Premier League because they have two or three years to get back knowing they have the financial advantage over a number of the clubs in the Championship like Rovers.  

Looking at the financial statement released last month, it's clear that our wage bill is already unsustainable.  Once Dack and Evans were injured - the best hope of a sale ended and with Mulgrew coming back I think it was clear from what Mowbray has said on a number of occasions that the likelihood of a signing was remote.

The one plus is that there is now no option but to blood one or two of the youngsters if we get hit by more injuries and suspensions.  We are spending £3 million plus a year on the youth set up so hopefully it will start to pay dividends.  It was always Jack's dream for the Academy to help the club become self-sustaining but I'm not sure how realistic that is.  Nonetheless, we have some very promising young players who are of an age when they need to step up if they are going to make it.

It's all well and good wanting to stay within FFP rules. Realistically that is likely to ensure we don't get up. You have to improve your squad each window and get better. Once again we haven't done. Meanwhile even clubs like Birmingham have tried to improve by bringing new players in.

It is interesting that every other club has done business in some form or another despite many of them spending more than us and having bigger wage bills.

Comes down to determination. I happen to think this is as much an owner decision to not make any more funds available than it is Mowbray failing to deliver. I dont think it is Ffp, I just dont think they want to spend, which is their choice but makes a mockery of the claim they do and are determined to get promoted.

Just now, DE. said:

I certainly appreciate Dack's optimism and I'm sure he wants to be back as soon as possible - time isn't on his side as far as getting a move to a PL club is concerned - but rushing back from that type of injury would be the worst thing he could do. I really hope we aren't in a position next season where we have to risk bringing him into the fold early, as I can only see that ending badly.

God, ya. Very bad. He does seem keen. 

I suppose the thing is ,no matter what position we are in, it will be brilliant to have him back 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think they have said that they wanted to stay within the Ffp regulations and that breaking them wasn't an option.  Personally, I think that is the right decision at the moment.  The whole Ffp situation needs to be looked at because it clearly isn't working.  It was meant to stop clubs going to the wall but Bury have gone, Bolton are destined for League Two and Macclesfield, Southend and a number of others are surviving on a wing and a prayer.  At the other end of the scale it favours those clubs coming out of the Premier League because they have two or three years to get back knowing they have the financial advantage over a number of the clubs in the Championship like Rovers.  

Looking at the financial statement released last month, it's clear that our wage bill is already unsustainable.  Once Dack and Evans were injured - the best hope of a sale ended and with Mulgrew coming back I think it was clear from what Mowbray has said on a number of occasions that the likelihood of a signing was remote.

The one plus is that there is now no option but to blood one or two of the youngsters if we get hit by more injuries and suspensions.  We are spending £3 million plus a year on the youth set up so hopefully it will start to pay dividends.  It was always Jack's dream for the Academy to help the club become self-sustaining but I'm not sure how realistic that is.  Nonetheless, we have some very promising young players who are of an age when they need to step up if they are going to make it.

So, basically you are ok with no sniff of promotion for the foreseeable....no money because of ffp (which all the other clubs seem to not give a toss about) and our kids arent top of the championship quality.   Our best player is on loan the other is long term injured but cant wait to bugger off for nowt...and the rest of the L1 dross we still have are on hefty contracts, so are unsellable. I'm not happy with this and Mowbray has conducted this for too long now.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3