BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

What a surprise! 

We had a chance of the play offs and choose not to strengthen! Surely Venkys know this was potentially a chance to recoup some money. 

Brereton needed loaning out for his own good and the likes of Smallwood should have been sold to free up some wages. 

We still have rumours of certain agents with links to previously used unscrupulous companies being on the scene!

It's time fans got real. Our problems started when Venkys walked in. Cheston, Sylvester, Lowe, Suhail and Coar have been a party to the destruction of our club and are still here. Until they all go, I can't see any progress. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stinny1 said:

But its not funny anymore  when you lads won't  go down on match days anymore and ive shelled  out for 3 season tickets . Theres something sadly wrong the club his dieing in front  of us all ,TM has had a  couple of wins and everythings brilliant again . We've had  two bad injuries  and then Rothwell out for six weeks and TM still doesn't bring a player in. Its crap and soul destroying please TM leave the club its going nowhere under you . And to cap it off and Burnley buy a player on Transfer day, jesus how far has the club too fall before the penny drops

Chap on radio Lancashire who supports Burnley, don't know his name, describes this as "top signing in Lancashire". Sometimes has a dig at Rovers though but I'd love to have a chat with him!

Just now, roverandout said:

Some of the idiotic posts on here defending mowbray and venkys lack of ambition is the reason why the buffoon will still be here for the foreseeable.  Theres no ray of sunshine supporting rovers anymore,  just the same drab crap season after season. Mowbary is a big problem but venkys are the biggest

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and no need to call fans idiots. Tony has been unfortunate with Charlie coming back, but I believe we have plenty of decent options in the academy, and would rather us not panic buy again.

Hands up who believes that we were seriously, genuinely in for Atsu or Assombalonga last year?

I don't.

Those lads are expensive, big name players. Look at the business we have done under Mowbray's management. Are there any deals remotely similar?

I just think those 'deals' were drip fed to the press to keep the fans quiet or in the hope Boro/Newcastle agreed to send them here for nothing (never going to happen). 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and no need to call fans idiots. Tony has been unfortunate with Charlie coming back, but I believe we have plenty of decent options in the academy, and would rather us not panic buy again.

A reasonable point ...in isolation.

The problem for me is the heavy resonance with our trip to Brentford at the end of the last January window.

The evidence points to standing still..then going backwards...AGAIN!

55 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Twitter and BRFCS in absolute meltdown, along with every other social media platform I presume.

Mowbray getting absolute pelters, yet hardly a single mention of the word VENKYS. 

It’s about time people concentrated on the cause, not the symptoms.

Nothing we do can change that though, Duncan, however right you are.

We are now all about having the right people minding the shop and then a fluke promotion on the back of some real momentum - hoping that it is enough to tempt them to sell.

We don’t have that right now and FFP has become an easy excuse for Mowbray and his supporters who overlook the fact that his poor scouting and irresponsible transfer deals have brought about the FFP problem. It’s madness to reward Mowbray’s failures and ignore that this current mess is of his making - yet some call it “sanity”.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Rich, if you're about mate, here you go;

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17408240.no-transfer-window-regrets-rovers-boss-despite-injuries/

Copy and paste that for tomorrow night. Save you the hassle of interviewing him.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17401247.rovers-owners-prepared-spend-january-says-boss/

Can throw in some quotes from this one too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Is that the same Charlie that Tony gave a two year extension to last season?

• Like 1

Assuming Sharpe is right about that being the end of our so-called business, I'm not sure which part of it frustrates me the most. There are a few leading contenders...

1) That we just completely gave up the ghost at 5.30pm, with 5-and-a-half hours of the window remaining, despite being the only club in the league to sign absolutely nobody and despite an injury crisis in midfield. This one again depends on Sharpe's post at half 5 having been correct. But no checking around old targets to see if the 

2) Having said for ages that left back and goalkeeper were our two priorities...I know the Dack injury changed the dynamic, but we then let a young left back and young goalie leave on loan. Admittedly they were low down the pecking order, but if our already poor keeper and LB get injured, we are going to be really scraping.

3) Mowbray's bizarre comments during the window, including announcing that he is a poor negotiator.

4) That our already difficult summer window is likely to now need epic efforts from a recruitment and negotiation team who have shown they aren't up to much.

5) We know wages are our issue. Despite this, we seem to have relied mostly (or at least near the end) on getting charity from Premier League clubs for their players who earn double or more what our highest paid earn. Even though for I think about 18 months now we've been hearing about this European scouting network coming in (even though we haven't yet hired the head scout for it). European clubs and lower league clubs are, as TM himself has pointed out, cheaper targets in terms of fees and wages. Yes we piddled about on the Pole and Curtis (whilst ignoring Maddison), but sounds like we offered 2 when the price was 3. In all honesty, what's offering another 500k or so, a million if needed, really going to matter to us for the right player? Instead we'd rather revert back to the 'lets loan someone we will have to replace again in the summer' model.

6) That Tony apparently never raises his offers (even though we have absolutely done so under him in the past, and even though every other club works that way and expects us to work that way).

7) That we have basically repeated the whole experience of last January, having learnt nothing from it. You all know it...sign nobody when on the cusp of the playoffs, leave some areas of the pitch perilously thin, talk in platitudes about who we 'nearly got' but 'prices were outrageous' while literally everybody else did business, and pray nobody gets injured. The only thing missing now is a critical injury happening imminently. In fact last year was actually better than this one, because we did sign Chapman...then failed to use him.

8- The fact that some fans seem to think all of this is actually fine and dandy. The same ones who are probably going to talk, with all sincerity, about our playoff hopes being good. No, a win tomorrow won't make them good.

Overall though the winner really has to be being the only club in the whole league to not sign anyone, despite a pressing need to do so. Ultimately I suppose we now have to hope that either we do sign someone after all, or that this all turns out to be a blessing in disguise, that the youngsters get blooded and prove mostly up to it, reducing our task in the summer.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Very reassuring line in there;

“If we don’t spend it then we will save it for the next window".

Happy days, we can look forward to that not happening again.

Edited by Doaksie

So we wasted the whole window after a 19 year old kid from Chelsea on the verge of a big money Premiership move and a guy from Newcastle on £30k a week.

There’s a summary of championship signings on the sky sports page, Christ even Luton and Barnsley look to have brought in some interesting players. Let alone all the top 10 who have signed a lot of potentially very good signings.

• Like 2

It’s looking more and more likely that Dack leaving this window was the plan. That in itself would have been bad enough but would we have even brought in anyone worthwhile with the proceeds? I certainly wouldn’t trust Mowbray to do so.

How long until Smallwood is back on the bench just to add insult to injuries...?

The club his a shambles  the season finshed  on the 31st of January  thanks for your support  and make sure you get your season tickets in early  for next season you suckers  yours Tony Mowbray manager and part time clown

• Like 1

Did anyone really in their heart.think we would sign anyone?  The patter from Ewood was verbatim from last January.  Useless this management team, useless. Madison to Hull on LOAN?  How'd we miss that trick?

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

Club has confirmed that there'll be no further business so anyone, like me, waiting for, literally, an eleventh hour bombshell, can stop refreshing and get on with their weekend.

Mid table finish now confirmed, we can look forward to the 7 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats.

This really was our best chance since the Gestede/Rhodes/Bowyer flatter to de-season, to at least make a sustained challenge for 6th place. 

Night, team, don't flagellate yourselves for too much longer. Tomorrow's another (3 point???) day. Sleep well...

• Like 1