BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely no way have Venkys completely ruled out any spending.

Of course not. Always an excuse why the money doesn't get spent though isnt there. Let's assume FFP is this year's excuse for no signings, what was the excuse this time last year?

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Pathetic, absolute shambles, fans deserve better 

From who ? The owners the manager or the scouting network ?? ... Just asking your opinion 

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Of course not. Always an excuse why the money doesn't get spent though isnt there. Let's assume FFP is this year's excuse for no signings, what was the excuse this time last year?

I don’t know the numbers, I don’t know any of the finer details. But I know (from players and staff) that Venkys don’t refuse to spend.

I don’t know why Mowbray doesn’t spend. Maybe FFP? Maybe Waggots decision? 

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

@J*B you seem to have a pretty clear idea on ffp. How close are we to the limit? How will that effect the summer bearing in mind a third of the current player expenditure (wages) are set to be out of contract? Will be able to spend back up to that mark? Will sales be necessary?

If nothing else, this window shows that we are VERY concerned with FFP. Absolutely no way have Venkys completely ruled out any spending.

You're always bullish venkys will spend and you're always disappointed at the end of the window. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJW said:

From who ? The owners the manager or the scouting network ?? ... Just asking your opinion 

Owners. Incompetents as ever. Their baby is now a stroppy nine year old, who needs teaching a lesson. TM for talking the nonsense that make us think something is in the pipeline. 

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There can be absolutely no excuse.

Even within constraints you wheel and deal like we have seen so many Rovers' managers do in the past.

I think Waggott, Mowbray, Venus have demonstrated, once again, what poor, poor operators they are.  IMO, they, along with others like Lowe and Benson are nowhere near good enough for our our once great football club.  I think our club needs a complete clear out from top to bottom.  

Sadly, some supporters will be unable to see beyond, IMO, the smoke, mirrors, bullsh1t and b0ll0cks pervading Ewood and Brockhall.

You beat me to it there Mercer. 

An essential part of player trading is moving players on who are no longer part of your plans.

We'd have a damn sight better chance of staying within FFP if the manager hadn't wasted most of our budget two seasons running on expensive flops, not brought in other players who he then barely used once they arrived, not handed out new long term deals to players who were never that good or getting past it or both and not treated the football Club like a social Club where the players had the option whether they wanted to stay or leave regardless of whether they are in the manager's plans.

• Like 4

Disappointing but not surprising. With our expenditure in the last two summer windows and no significant outgoings, there was always going to be the need for caution at some stage. It’s very hard to know this window could have panned out but it seems clear that we didn’t have the scope to spend big. It’s a shame, but I just don’t think we’re in a position to spend.

The single biggest issue with our transfer dealings hasn’t been Venkys reluctance to spend or the overall quality of the players we’ve signed. It’s that on the only occasions where we’ve spent big money, the signings have failed and in Brereton’s case, spectacularly. That is where we gambled and lost. Now we’re paying the price.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know the numbers, I don’t know any of the finer details. But I know (from players and staff) that Venkys don’t refuse to spend.

Maybe self preservation?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You're always bullish venkys will spend and you're always disappointed at the end of the window. 

I’m not bullish. It’s not my opinion it’s been the consensus among the players and staff for years. I don’t take any joy or upset either way. Just passing real info on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

How would players know that? Or even staff?

Mowbray has always been really hesistant to sign players unless they are the "right fit" partially blinded by loyalty to various players, he was seeking depth which is concerning considering Gallagher seems to be being moulded into a full time useless winger, Bell is a regular again and Bennett is never far from the team. You throw in some dreadful past recruitment and self proclaimed poor negotiating skills and whilst there is scope that he is covering for the owners to save his job rather than moaning, hes clearly a big factor in our struggles to develop the team as much as we should be doing in the transfer market.

A lack of signings at an identical point to last season suggests that theres not quite enough ambition and belief to really push for the top 6.

That being said, Venkys are blatantly disinterested and it is a baseless assumption to believe that they are dying to fund us to promotion but simply cant due to FFP. So they take plenty of blame too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You beat me to it there Mercer. 

An essential part of player trading is moving players on who are no longer part of your plans.

We'd have a damn sight better chance of staying within FFP if the manager hadn't wasted most of our budget two seasons running on expensive flops, not brought in other players who he then barely used once they arrived, not handed out new long term deals to players who were never that good or getting past it or both and not treated the football Club like a social Club where the players had the option whether they wanted to stay or leave regardless of whether they are in the manager's plans.

When you step back from it, you have to honestly wonder how anyone can defend his Championship record - on and off the field.

What would (a) Warnock have done with £15m over two seasons? 

Such a waste, and now FFP is the being thrown in our faces to cover up...

538D21DD-49C9-47B1-94CD-663F2F250358.gif.76545e932191f211af61ee60a88c5325.gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Totally nonsense post and clearly never spoke about Rovers with Mowbray.

When I wrote "absolute rubbish" in reply to one post recently, it was deleted in seconds......

Edited by 47er