BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Meant as a partnership Dack and Graham. 

Gallagher starts on right but plays more like inside forward. Never played as a winger. Our full backs provide the wide in our team. That's the way Mowbray plays. 

You are never going to replace Graham like for like anyway. Gallagher has to learn of him more. Before I suspect Graham moves on.

On wingers, I wouldn't mind seeing a winger on the right side if Rothwell is on the left side. Need 1 in the summer. No more. 

When Buckley or Holtby play wide then don't stay but play more inside. Allowing our full backs forward..

It perfect sense playing Armstrong up front where he can score goals(more), use his pace and movement. Leaving space behind for Rothwell and Holtby to creative. Like we did at Sheffield Wednesday away

Do you agree with playing "inside forwards" or would you agree with the majority that it is a really ineffective tactic, especially with the inside/wide forwards we have used?

Do you know that Amarii Bell and Ryan Nyambe have contributed 0 assists in over 30 games? Why are we relying on them to supply from out wide? 

You keep saying "thats the way Mowbray ways" but that isnt a defence. I know it is, I am criticising that aspect of how he plays because I dont think it works.

I may sound like a broken record over Gallagher but its because all of our transfer fees were spent on him. I dont rate him full stop as Ive said once or twice but my main gripe at the moment is how he is repeatedly played, and from Mowbrays quotes about data analysis is seemingly being moulded into a wide man. He is (unless you see some value from him wide?) the only person who sees any use in him (or Brereton, Samuel etc) as a wide man. Has he scored or assisted from a wide role? 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2020 at 14:32, Pedro said:

To be honest, I'm glad the likes of Brereton and Chapman haven't been shipped out on loan.  I hope they stumble across a run in the team in their proper positions - so we can give them a proper chance to fail. Currently, neither have had a fair run and both must be pretty low on confidence.  Wilcox and Pederson has stop/start beginnings, as have many others. So hopefully they can offer something pretty soon.

Brereton is never going to be trusted for a run of games upfront on his own under Mowbray. He's behind Armstrong, Graham and Gallagher.

Going out on loan is the best thing for him.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DE. said:

Good find.

Not just the 70 point target but the confidence that Venkys would spend if we were in reach of the play-offs in January (we were). How did this turn into “only if we sell Dack or Evans”?

Maybe the first three words of the fourth paragraph are a clue...

• Like 2

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Good find.

Not just the 70 point target but the confidence that Venkys would spend if we were in reach of the play-offs in January (we were). How did this turn into “only if we sell Dack or Evans”?

Maybe the first three words of the fourth paragraph are a clue...

Quotes like that are why I don't fully buy the FFP excuse. Absolutely no mention of it in that article from Mowbray whatsoever. Are we seriously suggesting that within the space of three months everybody at the club suddenly realised we were on the FFP threshold, having not realised before? It seems highly unlikely to me, and even if it is true then all it does is paint a woefully inept picture of the current boardroom and manager. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brereton is never going to be trusted for a run of games upfront on his own under Mowbray. He's behind Armstrong, Graham and Gallagher.

Going out on loan is the best thing for him.

That's half of the problem - playing them on their own. They should have been learning their craft alongside Graham or as half of a big man/little man combination - which will become the norm again in a couple of years and whoever brings it back in will be treated as some sort of maverick.

TM speaks a load of bull. What he thinks fans want to hear but with no intention of acting on it. 

There is an interesting debate on whether Gallagher can be a decent striker. There's very little debate as to whether he can be a good winger or "inside forward" as he has very few of the attributes associated for that position. As a striker and plan B he's probably worth having in the squad (although £5 mill for a back up striker of debatable quality is is still.overpriced.) As a wide forward he is an unmittigated disaster. Would help if TM brought players for the right positions or played them in their proper positions but it seems that's a lot to ask for. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you agree with playing "inside forwards" or would you agree with the majority that it is a really ineffective tactic, especially with the inside/wide forwards we have used?

Do you know that Amarii Bell and Ryan Nyambe have contributed 0 assists in over 30 games? Why are we relying on them to supply from out wide? 

You keep saying "thats the way Mowbray ways" but that isnt a defence. I know it is, I am criticising that aspect of how he plays because I dont think it works.

I may sound like a broken record over Gallagher but its because all of our transfer fees were spent on him. I dont rate him full stop as Ive said once or twice but my main gripe at the moment is how he is repeatedly played, and from Mowbrays quotes about data analysis is seemingly being moulded into a wide man. He is (unless you see some value from him wide?) the only person who sees any use in him (or Brereton, Samuel etc) as a wide man. Has he scored or assisted from a wide role? 

Firstly you are broken record keep going on about Gallagher day after day. Its getting to the point where it getting boring. 

We have been over this Bell and Nyambe zero assists thing about a month ago. Yet again what's the point going over the same issues time after time. Another broken record of yours. 

That's the way Mowbray plays isn't a defence but Fact. 

really ineffective tactic? We are 10th in the league and a chance of the playoffs this season. Can't believe that ineffective came it. My Way would be 1 winger like Jed Wallace type. Then a Rothwell or Rankin Costello on the left cutting and drifting inside. 

Data Analysis and Technical/Tactical Video booths are there for Players to learn about the performance, how they can get better and improve the play whether its positionally or What runs to make or etc? Gallagher is willing to work on his game and learn whatever position he is asked to play cos he just wants to play. Obvisouly he would like to play up front but he is willing play anywhere as he just want to play the football. 

You are obsess with stats so look and research it pal

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly you are broken record keep going on about Gallagher day after day. Its getting to the point where it getting boring. 

We have been over this Bell and Nyambe zero assists thing about a month ago. Yet again what's the point going over the same issues time after time. Another broken record of yours. 

really ineffective tactic? We are 10th in the league and a chance of the playoffs this season. Can't believe that ineffective came it. My Way would be 1 winger like Jed Wallace type. Then a Rothwell or Rankin Costello on the left cutting and drifting inside. 

Data Analysis and Technical/Tactical Video booths are there for Players to learn about the performance, how they can get better and improve the play whether its positionally or What runs to make or etc? Gallagher is willing to work on his game and learn whatever position he is asked to play cos he just wants to play. Obvisouly he would like to play up front but he is willing play anywhere as he just want to play the football. 

You dont answer any questions, you just swerve the points or tell people that "Mowbray does it."

We are 10th (we want top 6) not because of the striker out wide experiment. There are functional aspects of our team elsewhere. Lenihan and Adarabioyo are a good pairing, one signed by Mowbray. Travis has been good in central midfield, promoted by Mowbray. Downing has been good wherever he has played, signed by Mowbray. Dack and Armstrong, both signed by Mowbray have scored goals. Im not saying that the side doesnt have good parts to it. The wings are an area of weakness though.

So please can you give a straight answer. Do you agree with the tactic of playing Sam Gallagher as a wide man? Yes or no.

I would be willing to play anywhere for Rovers but it doesnt mean that I should. I would watch videos all day every day if it meant I could become a Rovers winger but I like Gallagher would never become a success there as I dont have the attributes! 

Being willing is nothing to celebrate. If a choice is play out of position or not at all it is a no brainer.

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Trouble is Chaddy, you don't accept what many see, with good reason, as blindingly obvious.

I think we signed a dud in Brereton and, IMO, Gallagher isn't that much better!

You can have all the technical / tactical video booths in the world but if you haven't got a degree of natural ability then you are stuffed.  As the old proverb goes 'you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear'!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You dont answer any questions, you just swerve the points or tell people that "Mowbray does it."

All you do just repeat the same old points day after day. 

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So please can you give a straight answer. Do you agree with the tactic of playing Sam Gallagher as a wide man? Yes or no.

Back to that broken record yet again. You just don't stop going on and on.

To be quite honest I still devastated by the news about Tony Parkes having alzheimer. I am more interested in trying to get Rovers to recognise Tony Parked whether a match for him or have a normal match day and make to Tony Parkes day. Raise money for Alzheimer and maybe rename the Riverside stand the Tony Parkes stand as another Rovers fan has suggested. That's more my focus this week and the future weeks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You're the same, it's just a different broken record is all.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

To be quite honest I still devastated by the news about Tony Parkes having alzheimer. I am more interested in trying to get Rovers to recognise Tony Parked whether a match for him or have a normal match day and make to Tony Parkes day. Raise money for Alzheimer and maybe rename the Riverside stand the Tony Parkes stand as another Rovers fan has suggested. That's more my focus this week and the future weeks. 

Are you Playing a part in trying to help make this happen this week and in the future weeks ? Do you have links with Tony what with your focus being so devoted on this and this only ? Only reason I ask is I may have some people who can help 

What i can't  understand  he's  the lack of leadership from TM, He's been playing a new system  this season but its taken him up too this week too get  the under 23 too play the same way . That should have been a given you bring the young lads on by training  and playing like the frist team. At  my club we have a first and second  team and they play the same system  and train the same so if a first teamer gets injured  or loses form the lad who steps in knows whats expecting of him .

8 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

What i can't  understand  he's  the lack of leadership from TM, He's been playing a new system  this season but its taken him up too this week too get  the under 23 too play the same way . That should have been a given you bring the young lads on by training  and playing like the frist team. At  my club we have a first and second  team and they play the same system  and train the same so if a first teamer gets injured  or loses form the lad who steps in knows whats expecting of him .

You don’t think Tony watches the youth do you ?

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`de get attacking football thats for sure,oxford were a bit naive in not trying to  shut the game down with 5 minutes left

It’s a cup game, they were equal to Newcastle at the time, wouldn’t find me criticising going for it. Mowbray has to learn this