GunnerRover7

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

No - Mahoney chose to move on.

And McLaughlin has chosen to move on. 

32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I hope. Seemingly the only option left that would be in any way "okay".

Seemingly the only option left that would in anyway be ok?Talk about hyperbole

We don't even know what division we will be in next year?We don't know who is or isn't being looked at for the goalkeepers position.

If on the off chance we do get promoted then I don't believe we would have gone into the season with McLaughlin as our number 1.

He has decided to go to Rangers and because of that we have no other options??

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Shit ones. McLaughlin's just signed for Rangers. Crikey.

That's how you do it. I don't know if there were rumours about Rangers before today, but they were quiet enough that this is the first I've seen. And bam, done same day.

It probably didn't take long for McLaughlin to sign. Contract running out at Sunderland, probably signing for a decent wage, European football next season, 32,000 season-ticket holders cheering (or jeering!) you on every week, moving back up to Scotland to probably settle his family... I'm not sure we would have stood much chance if we were trying to sign him while Rangers were interested.

Ah well, we'll have the last laugh when we're playing Premier League football next season!

I can really see the keeper next year ending up being the Canadian or another brought in in desperation who's a step down from Walton.

Hands might end up tied now because of new circumstances but it's another example of piss poor planning sadly.

Posted (edited)

We will be in more trouble as a club than just defensive issues if Leutwiler is first choice next season. It’s fairly obvious that TM doesn’t rate him, so it would only be severe financial restraints that would see him between the sticks. 

Edited by Mattyblue

54 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Seemingly the only option left that would in anyway be ok?Talk about hyperbole

We don't even know what division we will be in next year?We don't know who is or isn't being looked at for the goalkeepers position.

If on the off chance we do get promoted then I don't believe we would have gone into the season with McLaughlin as our number 1.

He has decided to go to Rangers and because of that we have no other options??

Didnt something similar happen last season ?, thats how we ended up with Walton..

Whoever we were confident of signing didnt , for whatever reason and I have no idea , who it was ...

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Wes Foderingham another name, there will be a plethora of available players on frees this summer.

Yes but we are destined to take Joe Hart.

Of all the names mentioned Darlow would be the one for me 

I'd wait to see what league we're in before deciding what Keeper to sign.If we miraculously get promoted we  will need a better GK than those mentioned

nailed on to be another loan keeper between the sticks next season,the mysterious transfer budget certainly won`t stretch enough to sign a good goalie

Maybe the European scouting net work will pay off he says with tongue in cheek 

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

Joe Hart isn't coming here next season. We're signing McLaughlin, it's practically done by a number of accounts.

11 hours ago, J*B said:

McLaughlin in talks with Rangers according to Twitter

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

McLaughlin has signed for Rangers

Well that was fun while it lasted.

And by ‘fun’ I mean depressing and by ‘while it lasted’ I mean even more depressing.

I dread to think who will be our keeper next season.

I agree with Darrenbot that we need to wait before committing to any signings for next season as we don't know if we get promote or not. Now this wont stop our recruitment team and staff scouting, researching and formulating different transfer plans and targets for next season. You would hope that Mowbray has decide on the positions we need new signings in after the seasons finish. 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with Darrenbot that we need to wait before committing to any signings for next season as we don't know if we get promote or not. Now this wont stop our recruitment team and staff scouting, researching and formulating different transfer plans and targets for next season. You would hope that Mowbray has decide on the positions we need new signings in after the seasons finish. 

We need a goalkeeper and even if we are promoted we won’t be buying a PL standard one.

I just hope we learned from last season and have more than one target.

If we are in the top tier next season, it will be a very different set of replacements listed on the A4 lined pad. 

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We need a goalkeeper and even if we are promoted we won’t be buying a PL standard one.

I just hope we learned from last season and have more than one target.

Very judgemental there Stuart. 

Yes we need 2 keepers this summer whatever division but you cant sign anyone now cos we dont know which league we in. 

We have 2 targets last summer to replace Raya but neither happened due to different circumstances. Walton has improved over the season and hasnt been any worse than Raya was for us.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very judgemental there Stuart. 

Yes we need 2 keepers this summer whatever division but you cant sign anyone now cos we dont know which league we in. 

We have 2 targets last summer to replace Raya but neither happened due to different circumstances. Walton has improved over the season and hasnt been any worse than Raya was for us.

That doesn’t change anything in my post.

Walton is a poor keeper and we are lucky that Lenihan and Tosin have formed a good partnership.

57 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Well that was fun while it lasted.

And by ‘fun’ I mean depressing and by ‘while it lasted’ I mean even more depressing.

I dread to think who will be our keeper next season.

Our dillying and dallying might bizarrely work in our favour if the unthinkable happens and we sneak up via the play offs.

We'd be looking at a totally different calibre of replacement across the board.

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its more the case that they are waiting to see if there is an FFP amnesty or not.

If not we are still in a situation of starting from a budget of minus £15 million.

Until this situation is known we ain"t making offers to anyone.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and hasnt been any worse than Raya was for us.

Wash your mouth out young chadders.

Worst keeper I've seen in a Rovers shirt apart from maybe Alan Fettis.

At least "Dracula" John Butcher (afraid of crosses) was a reasonable shot stopper!

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wash your mouth out young chadders.

Worst keeper I've seen in a Rovers shirt apart from maybe Alan Fettis.

At least "Dracula" John Butcher (afraid of crosses) was a reasonable shot stopper!

Seen much worst than Walton in my Time as Rovers fan. 

Fettis, Alan Miller, Enckelman, Steele(went worst after his 1st season here) 

Tony Mowbray transfer plans and how it will help Blackburn Rovers evolve

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/tony-mowbray-transfer-plans-how-18474116

Changes in the scouting department has seen Bruno Reis inherit a new role as Head of European Scouting, with Rovers extending their scope into regions of Eastern and Southern Europe.

"If I don't know how much money I'm spending I can't be throwing it at people. Who's to say there's not going to be salary caps brought in, or the budget isn't going to be cut considerably.

"I can't offer people anything while we don't have budgets and we don't know how much you have to spend because that's how you have to work."

At least theres a reason this year for the owners typically disorganised approach allowing others to steal a march. Mowbray better hope he is allowed to fly to India otherwise no signings will be coming!