BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Bauer was the big miss and obviously down to Mowbray implying that he wouldnt play very much. Initially we failed to get him and despite talk of various lists was unable to sign any alternative so had a season of trying to shoehorn Rodwell in at centre back and became a big problem. Then we made another play for Bauer, he went to a rival, maybe Adarabioyo is a better option but at the end of this season we are back to square one. Very much the one that got away. 

@neophox Walton isnt a realistic long term target. I think the only person seemingly championing McLaughlin was chaddy (has changed since he went elsewhere like) but the point is that if he was a target it is a symptom of an again sluggish way of working by Venkys that he has been allowed to slip through our fingers. Talk about not knowing what division we are in is saving face and putting a needlessly positive spin on things. Mathematically a promotion is unlikely and as @bluebruce puts brilliantly if it he did sign for cheap and then we did get promoted there is no rule saying he would be 1st choice. 

We will never run fully efficiently under Venkys and their backward way of working will always run us back. Maybe Mowbray should have taken the chance to talk to their cardboard cut outs making a first appearance at Ewood on Saturday.

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@neophox Walton isnt a realistic long term target..

Why? He's not premier league standard at the moment. Brighton have a decent goalie who will probably stay with them if they stay up or go down.  For me, better the devil you know.  Walton has time and will improve

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Why? He's not premier league standard at the moment. Brighton have a decent goalie who will probably stay with them if they stay up or go down.  For me, better the devil you know.  Walton has time and will improve

I suspect he would cost a fee and not an insignificant one. Especially in this economic situation I dont think theres any chance of that.

17 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Believe Brighton have hinted that he'll be involved in their first team next season, might be wrong though.

I think that Walton is one of those loan signings that would be viewed differently had he been signed on a four year deal, rather than a season long loan. He has probably made one or two mistakes too many, and the PNE one in particular  was hard to take, but he obviously has a lot of the tools needed to develop into a good keeper. We've picked up plenty of clean sheets this season, and whilst that's quite a lot down to our centre back pairing, Walton needs credit too.

@roversfan99, how was championing us to sign McLaughlin when I didn't so please read carefully. I posted we were linked with him from several different reporters. I asked the board if anyone seen him which if I am correct Tyrone said he had. I mentioned us signing him a couple of years when he played for Burton in the championship. Since then I haven't seen much of him. 

Also when did we make another play for Bauer after trying to sign 2 years ago? 

Also why is promotion is unlikely when we are 1 point of playoffs and with 8 games to go and in the first game after the lockdown the performance was very good?

Also bluebruce and Roversfan99, I wouldn't be making any signings right now until we know which league we are in. Bluebruce, I think its flawed to make any signings right now even if they are available right now to sign for us. We shouldn't committing to anyone at this stage. If it means we miss then fine, From reading a report yesterday it would appear that the transfer window will remain open to the end of October, So you are looking at season starting in my opinion at the start of the season 

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why you still bombarding Nicko on Twitter and posting about 5 times a page on the transfer thread then if you currently aren’t interested in transfers?

Suggest you look careful again Matty cos I HAVENT bombarding Nicko at all? asking 3 questions in 2 weeks isn't bombarding is it? 

checking up again Matty?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Advanced issue found

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@roversfan99, how was championing us to sign McLaughlin when I didn't so please read carefully. I posted we were linked with him from several different reporters. I asked the board if anyone seen him which if I am correct Tyrone said he had. I mentioned us signing him a couple of years when he played for Burton in the championship. Since then I haven't seen much of him. 

Also why is promotion is unlikely when we are 1 point of playoffs and with 8 games to go and in the first game after the lockdown the performance was very good?

Also bluebruce and Roversfan99, I wouldn't be making any signings right now until we know which league we are in. Bluebruce, I think its flawed to make any signings right now even if they are available right now to sign for us. We shouldn't committing to anyone at this stage. If it means we miss then fine, From reading a report yesterday it would appear that the transfer window will remain open to the end of October, So you are looking at season starting in my opinion at the start of the season 

Because just getting to the playoff positions and staying there until the end of the season is not enough for promotion. You then have to beat the other teams in the playoffs (all good teams to have finished in those positions in the first place). So, yes, promotion is unlikely - hardly a sure thing is it?

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

To get promoted we have to essentially finish top of a 7 team mini league in which we are currently 3rd. Then beat 3rd over 2 games and 4th/5th over 1 game. Mathematically the chances are slim, thats not being negative. Even if that happened, we could still sign another keeper. IF McLaughlin was the target that Mowbray wanted, factoring in that hes a cheap solution to fill an impending void when money is tight, it would have made sense to sign him up on a pre contract agreement and thats a void filled with a player the manager likes for cheap.

I think you are just going out of your way to defend the clubs usual sluggishness in terms of getting their ducks in a row. If we signed someone you would 100% not say "we should waited to see what division we are in" and as mattyblue points out you are very active in here and at pestering Nixon etc so you quite clearly dont believe that. 

I would agree though that the season will start at the start of the season. Cant argue with that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you are just going out of your way to defend the clubs usual sluggishness in terms of getting their ducks in a row. If we signed someone you would 100% not say "we should waited to see what division we are in"

‘Great signing. Excellent work by the club going about their business early and quietly’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As I follow nicko, it isn’t hard to spot chadster!

^_^ Touched a nerve obviously as your whole Twitter feed is literally one question after the other, but ? 

So 3 questions in 14 days isnt bombarding him is it? Yes or no will do

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As I follow nicko, it isn’t hard to spot chadster!

^_^ Touched a nerve obviously as your whole Twitter feed is literally one question after the other, but ? 

Just so he can then get it on here before anyone else......like some strange oneupmanship game.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To get promoted we have to essentially finish top of a 7 team mini league in which we are currently 3rd. Then beat 3rd over 2 games and 4th/5th over 1 game. Mathematically the chances are slim, thats not being negative. Even if that happened, we could still sign another keeper. IF McLaughlin was the target that Mowbray wanted, factoring in that hes a cheap solution to fill an impending void when money is tight, it would have made sense to sign him up on a pre contract agreement and thats a void filled with a player the manager likes for cheap.

I think you are just going out of your way to defend the clubs usual sluggishness in terms of getting their ducks in a row. If we signed someone you would 100% not say "we should waited to see what division we are in" and as mattyblue points out you are very active in here and at pestering Nixon etc so you quite clearly dont believe that. 

I would agree though that the season will start at the start of the season. Cant argue with that.

I know exactly how the playoffs thanks. 

No point committing to any signings at all right now until we know which league we are in. Other clubs in the league arent either. 

Rovers will be transfer plans for different leagues and budgets. So wait and see till we know exactly. 

On McLaughlin, does he want to number 2 at his age even if that Premier League? Would he want to be in that situation? 

I meant start of the season looks like starting in the 1st week or Second week in October  

So hang on Chaddy. We were obviously in for this keeper - are you saying that we should have waited before we know what league we were in before getting him? Just saying because if we signed him you would be hailing the signing. 

• Like 1

So with the Bank Of India having liquidity issues at the moment due to the pandemic, how exactly are we going to have any type of transfer budget or wage budget next season? When Venky's won't be able to increase their mortgage borrowings or may even have the loans called in to prop the bank up?

I am expecting us to have to get to balancing the books for the season, so expecting sales and a very small squad for the year before we have any chance to get any incoming players.

• Like 1

That Sam Hart’s a lucky lad...

As Rovers push for a place in the play-offs, Danny Graham, Stewart Downing, Dominic Samuel, Jayson Leutwiler, Richie Smallwood and Sam Hart have all signed contract extensions until the day after our final fixture of the current campaign.

Discussions will be held with the above named players regarding their futures at the club upon the 2019-20 season being completed.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/rovers-confirm-retain-list/

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So hang on Chaddy. We were obviously in for this keeper - are you saying that we should have waited before we know what league we were in before getting him? 

Yes from media reports we had an interest in him but we need to wait to see what League we are in before signing any players 

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That Sam Hart’s a lucky lad...

As Rovers push for a place in the play-offs, Danny Graham, Stewart Downing, Dominic Samuel, Jayson Leutwiler, Richie Smallwood and Sam Hart have all signed contract extensions until the day after our final fixture of the current campaign.

Discussions will be held with the above named players regarding their futures at the club upon the 2019-20 season being completed.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/june/rovers-confirm-retain-list/

Bizarre that we are extending Smallwood.
That better not be extender further for next...

Just how many injuries in midfield are we expecting before the end of the season?!

• Like 2

Sam Hart!

Currently behind Bell, Williams, Bennett, JRC & Downing for a game at left back, yet he's been extended another month, why?

Can see Graham, Downing & Samuel all being offered deals for next season.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1