BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Senior players will all be due a contractual bonus if we reach the play offs. Normal business. A bigger bonus if we went up.

What sort of human would Tony be if he suddenly deprived players like Smallwood of a potential windfall for the sake of a month which isn't the fault of the players that the season was delayed.

This will be the fact of the matter whether we like it or not.

I have never heard of a playoff bonus though there will certainly be a promotion bonus but as Smallwood was contracted for the promotion season he would be entitled to it irrespective of his contract ending on June 30th. And Rovers should have budgeted for potential expenditure. Some promotion bonuses though are based on appearances of which Smallwood has none.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Senior players will all be due a contractual bonus if we reach the play offs. Normal business. A bigger bonus if we went up.

What sort of human would Tony be if he suddenly deprived players like Smallwood of a potential windfall for the sake of a month which isn't the fault of the players that the season was delayed.

At least your reasonings makes sense 

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You could argue that a player who has played 0 minutes in the season hasnt got much of a case anyway but even so as @arbitro says he would still be entitled to the bonus regardless.

Sam Hart isnt even eligible to play for us. Beggars belief when the club treat the supporters with disdain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Fair to say Mowbray could at the very least have phrased this better, given that fans are being asked not to request refunds on their tickets.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18541762.mowbray-not-willing-cast-players-aside-save-quid/

He sounds like a very amiable grassroots coach.

Personally I find the idea that we will keep paying players to not play rather than “save a few quid” quite crass.

Yet fans will have to grovel for their £60 back.

So out of touch with the fans base. In fact, I’d go as far as to say there will be people at the club who are glad that fans aren’t at games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

https://www.eaguingamp.com/nicolai-larsen-signe-a-len-avant/ We should have been all over that. Free goalkeeper of decent quality. Hopefully TM has some tricks up his sleeve.

He doesn’t really have any tricks when it comes to goalkeepers.

Or full backs... wingers... centre backs... strikers. He could probably do you a good attacking centre mid or number 10 though.

i don`t see any other clubs in the whole of england or anywhere behaving as we have,is there some malevalent spirit influencing madcap decisions,bloody hell,hart could`nt even hack it at rochdale and smallwood has`nt played for a season because he`s not good enough,i think im`e going to dust of my boots and start playing again,with a bit of luck one of mowbrays scouts might be driving by and give me a years contract,makes you wonder what will happen next in the stupid decision stakes

• Like 2

Save a few quid !  End of the day he will have a nice nest built whilst Rovers struggle ... These people are in it for themselves and Venkys are to blame for giving them a free pass to do what they like ... 1.3 in agent fee for a lot of dross.. and now these extensions .. All these quids add up Mr Know it all ... 

• Like 6

Iv'e said this a dozen times but Tony Mowbray has one of the best jobs in football and he knows it.  If you know how to play these owners you're secure never mind all this basket case behind the scenes rollox. 

They want the least fuss possible and this regime provides it in spades just wait till the sales start they'll be building a statue of him at Pune towers ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, unleaded said:

Smallwood & Hart extensions  are very suspicious deals .... Venkys asleep again .

Wonder what there Man on the ground do all day ... Tony & His sidekick doing what they like .. New Faces but same old story 

While the cat's away.......

It's Gladwin all over again. If we go up all this will seem incredibly trivial and be instantly forgotten.

If we don't you just know we'll be told after the season finishes that there is no money to strengthen. Yet Mowbray can find money when Venky's aren't looking to pay his pet players for sitting there doing nothing.

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e said this a dozen times but Tony Mowbray has one of the best jobs in football and he knows it.  If you know how to play these owners you're secure never mind all this basket case behind the scenes rollox. 

They want the least fuss possible and this regime provides it in spades just wait till the sales start they'll be building a statue of him at Pune towers ?

do you think tony is topping up his pension fund and does`nt want any undue fuss,like promotion!!,spoiling it,would be hard work for him getting players in of quality to even compete imo

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Fair to say Mowbray could at the very least have phrased this better, given that fans are being asked not to request refunds on their tickets.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18541762.mowbray-not-willing-cast-players-aside-save-quid/

This imo sums up in a nutshell why we will never ever do a thing under Mowbray even if he weret to stay until he pops his clogs.

It's obvious from that article if the budget for next season is the same Mowbray's ideal scenario would be to give everyone contract extensions and keep the squad the same.

Everyone else would be thinking "Thank god for that" set a match to the squad and rebuild around Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Armstrong and Dack.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

do you think tony is topping up his pension fund and does`nt want any undue fuss,like promotion!!,spoiling it,would be hard work for him getting players in of quality to even compete imo

I'm sure he'd love promotion it would be a great way to sign off his long career.  Just don't think he's under any pressure to go out on a limb to try and get it.  Seems more of a we'll just keep plodding on and if it happens it happens if not, shrug the shoulders.

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This imo sums up in a nutshell why we will never ever do a thing under Mowbray even if he weret to stay until he pops his clogs.

It's obvious from that article if the budget for next season is the same Mowbray's ideal scenario would be to give everyone contract extensions and keep the squad the same.

Everyone else would be thinking "Thank god for that" set a match to the squad and rebuild around Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Armstrong and Dack.

Exactly what iv'e been getting at and whilst i'm not saying he doesn't want a good budget i think it'd suit him and his crew if we could just carry on as we are with the minimum of fuss or change.

• Like 1

I think we're seeing yet more evidence of the 'two clubs' system that our esteemed owners have put in place.

On the one hand we've the club down at Ewood, which includes staff, facilities and essentially has to wash its own face on the income the club can generate. Waggott is tasked with scrimping and saving, minimising overheads where possible. End result is desperation levels of fundraising and penny pinching, evident lack of investment into the ground, ever increasing ticket prices to cover it and Waggott's shameful act of denying supporters the option of refunds or compensation for missed matches.

On the other hand we've Tony and the boys, who never struggle to find wriggle room on the pay-roll for contract extensions and the go ahead for all that seems to come directly from India and the owners funds. End result is we can afford another month of paying squad fillers never good enough for this division goodness knows how many more thousands of pounds yet your minimum wage or recently made redundant supporters can forget about it. 

Doesn't make sense but then again we are the club that finds millions under the mattress to splurge on a 19 year old from Forest yet operates on ever decreasing lines and competency due to endless cutbacks.

Disappointed in Mowbray not realising how grotesque his comments are in light of Waggott's statement last week (though admittedly Mowbray won't have had any input into the season ticket fiasco. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Wow, Rovers behaving like every other business in the world! Bravo Chaddy for your insight!

Well said Mattyblue. That said, reading it, it makes me wonder whether Jon Mclaughlin was a serious target or just one of a number of options. I'd like to think our new keeper would come with a significant amount of championship experience as a minimum. Which mclaughlin did not have. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What I saying on here this week that Mowbray and Rovers recruitment team will be drawing up different transfer targets for different scenarios/budgets @roversfan99

Just a load of waffle that article is to make it look like things are happening.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What I saying on here this week that Mowbray and Rovers recruitment team will be drawing up different transfer targets for different scenarios/budgets @roversfan99

I would have expected nothing less - all other clubs do exactly the same thing. Not sure why you are acting like you called this as if it is something unheard of? We would all expect that they have drawn up lists - heck during lockdown, as a manager, I would have been using a lot of my time enquiring, researching and the like about possible targets.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought you said we couldn’t target players - even a keeper (!) - until we knew what division we would be in?

• Like 3

The by now infamous 'lists'...

A list - Cream of the crop that everybody else is after but there's no chance we'll pay for.

B list - A few curved balls we'll be monitoring then get told at a later date we apparently we just missed out on.

C list - The standard go to list or aka Tony's address book and friendly agents clients lists. Either on a free or overpaid for, list A in other words !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

"I didn't know the kids name until last week". Tony Mowbray on Jon McLaughlin, denying any interest whatsoever in the goalkeeper.

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I thought you said we couldn’t target players - even a keeper (!) - until we knew what division we would be in?

But that's doesn't stop you drawing up targets list for positions we need new signings in whichever league and whatever our budget is. Read the story Stuart then you wouldnt have asked that question!

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

"I didn't know the kids name until last week". Tony Mowbray on Jon McLaughlin, denying any interest whatsoever in the goalkeeper.

Thanks for sharing that Joe. 

Very damning on the McLaughlin link. And his agent. 

You are either being disingenuous or you are ridiculously naive  :D

You honestly think that TM, who lives in the north east and is a football obsessive hadn’t even heard of Sunderland’s Scotland international and number 1 keeper until last week?!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5