BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

On 21/12/2019 at 14:13, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray in the telegraph talking about the future of scott wharton,how he won`t be recalling him in january,according to tony,scott is not yet developed enough to handle the physical demands of this league,despite him starring for northampton in a league full of cloggers,he does`nt feel wharton is up to it but he`ll play williams at centre back,who gets bullied and dominated  by everybody and anybody,sometimes i wonder if mowbray just hates anyone under 25,it can`t do anything positive for their confidence the way he speaks to the media

It does appear that Mowbray doesn’t want Wharton here and we are contracting him only so he can bring in a transfer fee.

Something very odd with that one.

I do wish Mowbray would stop hammering younger players in the press.

• Like 1

Crisis moment now with Dack gone. TM has disappointed time and time and time again in the transfer window, then always comes out with stories about how many great players we were supposedly just about to sign, but they fell through last moment. Well no more room for error now. We need some fantastic hidden gem business this January or we are going to sink very, very hard.

• Like 1

Well it will show how much ambition  there his in the Club TM needs too step up and find these players . Its the best chance we've  had in years and if we slide down the league  after christmass  the fans will turn and rightly so

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lansbury on loan to cover dack 

hope not. not the player he was years ago

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Probably not the right thread but as he’s not our players...

Has anyone heard anything about Adarabioyo’s condition, fitness?

Should be back for Huddersfield game according to what Mowbray said post Wigan game. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

hope not. not the player he was years ago

Should be back for Huddersfield game according to what Mowbray said post Wigan game. 

Yet he played for Villa last week in a league higher than we currently are...

• Like 1

A) It doesn't matter who they loan in to cover they won't get used correctly he'll be looking for ways to involve Bennett and Armstrong first. Closely followed by Gally of course.

B  )  We've been hinted at numerous times about life after Dack and that they were recruiting players with that in mind.  Well now here we are but what will we see ?

Due largely to Mowbrays incompetence in the transfer market I believe that the summer window will need a large influx of quality and in this department he has been more but than miss. Assuming Tosin, Cunningham and Walton go back to their parent clubs that is going to leave a huge void. Graham, Leutwiler, Downing, Bell, Bennett and Samuel are all out of contract in June 2020 according to transfermarket.co.uk. With the dross like Smallwood, Hart and Gladwin too that could be twelve players not reporting back for pre season. That is going to be some rebuild from a normally cautious manager who will only bring a certain type of character into the club and they had to bed them in.

It's going to be a massive eight or so months for Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 1

Something  has to give in January  i think we all agree  the players need a bit of help . One thing i noticed  on Monday night against  Wigan was the amount  of times TM had his head in his hands. He looked so stressed  out and totally out of depth . If I'd have been a player looking over it wouldn't  have filled me with confidence too see my manager doing that

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Due largely to Mowbrays incompetence in the transfer market I believe that the summer window will need a large influx of quality and in this department he has been more but than miss. Assuming Tosin, Cunningham and Walton go back to their parent clubs that is going to leave a huge void. Graham, Leutwiler, Downing, Bell, Bennett and Samuel are all out of contract in June 2020 according to transfermarket.co.uk. With the dross like Smallwood, Hart and Gladwin too that could be twelve players not reporting back for pre season. That is going to be some rebuild from a normally cautious manager who will only bring a certain type of character into the club and they had to bed them in.

All those contracts up , might turn out to be a good thing ...

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yet he played for Villa last week in a league higher than we currently are...

he started 1 league game all season and 5 subs appearances. Not much game time is it?  

20 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

is it going to be Dack cover OR defenders?

Tosin (not ours)

Cunningham (not ours)

Walton (not ours)

Pretty sure we should be sticking to plan A and sorting the back out.

If plan A included Dack to West Brom for £15mill to fund then it may be neither.

Has to be the defence and keeper situation for me as I have several times over the past few days. 

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I suspect Downing, Bennett and Graham will get new contracts and I agree with those getting new contracts. The rest let go. 

I would imagine the club was expecting to sell Dack to fund the January and Summer transfers like Mowbray has suggested in the past. Norwich did this. I would expect us to tap into the foreign markets to sign players this season and look at out of contract players this summer within the UK. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

he started 1 league game all season and 5 subs appearances. Not much game time is it?  

Has to be the defence and keeper situation for me as I have several times over the past few days. 

I suspect Downing, Bennett and Graham will get new contracts and I agree with those getting new contracts. The rest let go. 

I would imagine the club was expecting to sell Dack to fund the January and Summer transfers like Mowbray has suggested in the past. Norwich did this. I would expect us to tap into the foreign markets to sign players this season and look at out of contract players this summer within the UK. 

We have the 10th best defence on the League and the 14th best attack and that is with the goals of Dack included.

Bennett is a bag of shit. League 1 player. Get shut ASAP.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We have the 10th best defence on the League and the 14th best attack and that is with the goals of Dack included.

Like I said to you many times the signings and positions I want signings sign for. 

A keeper, left back and centre back. 

I would look to play Rothwell in the 10 role or play 4-4-2 formation now. Look to play Chapman and Rankin Costello aswell. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said to you many times the signings and positions I want signings sign for. 

A keeper, left back and centre back. 

I would look to play Rothwell in the 10 role or play 4-4-2 formation now. Look to play Chapman and Rankin Costello aswell. 

Holtby should be number 10. Gallagher couldnt score in a brothel.

100% sure that Rovers knew nothing of Dack’s agreement with WBA. If there was one at all...

Also those who slaughtered Buckley a few weeks ago might feel a little silly in January. Big clubs circling. Expect him to be offered a bumper new deal.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

100% sure that Rovers knew nothing of Dack’s agreement with WBA. If there was one at all...

Also those who slaughtered Buckley a few weeks ago might feel a little silly in January. Big clubs circling. Expect him to be offered a bumper new deal.

Slaughtered? People were quite justified in saying that he doesnt look at home in the first team, like a little boy lost. He needs a loan spell.