BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Very much like Kenny Dalglish in his pomp , it's not just Dacks Goals we need to replace , it's the amount of goals he creates as well , I am sorry but Holtby Rothwell  and co just won't contribute that amount playing as a number 10 "off the striker" , maybe like Chaddy says we may have to change formation to a more regular 4-4-2 Downing left Rothwell right Armstong and Gally up front Travis and Evans in middle of park be very organises work extremely hard and aim to win games 1-0 ... Seems to work ok for our face-combing cousins down  the M65

Or maybe a striker who could score 15-20 goals (we have FIVE fecking FIVE of which just 3 of them cost a MINIMUM of £16 million) if only we had some money to spend.

Edited by AAK

25 minutes ago, AAK said:

Or maybe a striker who could score 15-20 goals (we have FIVE fecking FIVE of which just 3 of them cost a MINIMUM of £16 million) if only we had some money to spend.

To be fair to Armstrong, he didn't cost a great deal in comparison to the other two and many other Championship flops. He does score and does look twice as lively as Brereton on acid.

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

To be fair to Armstrong, he didn't cost a great deal in comparison to the other two and many other Championship flops. He does score and does look twice as lively as Brereton on acid.

Yeh to be fair to him hes only slightly shit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

"We’re not sat here with loads of cash to go and buy another big name No.10" - Mowbray suggests the solution to Dack's injury may have to come from within at #Rovers https://t.co/QoH4pXtOgl

You just said you wouldn’t be surprised if we go and make a big money signing - which way are you going chaddy??

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

"We’re not sat here with loads of cash to go and buy another big name No.10" - Mowbray suggests the solution to Dack's injury may have to come from within at #Rovers https://t.co/QoH4pXtOgl

Told you this on Friday.

IMO, we are brassic and there will be more income (transfer fees received and wages saved) than expenditure (transfer fees paid and wages spent).

I think we are close to a 'tipping point' and there will be at least one 'big' departure this window.

The summer sale of Raya shocked many and i think there will be other disappointments over the next month.

Just now, Mercer said:

Told you this on Friday.

IMO, we are brassic and there will be more income (transfer fees received and wages saved) than expenditure (transfer fees paid and wages spent).

I think we are close to a 'tipping point' and there will be at least one 'big' departure this window.

The summer sale of Raya shocked many and i think there will be other disappointments over the next month.

Mercer, you have said this several times about a tipping point in the past and never come to it. Personally Mercer I'm not interested cos your record is poor to say the least. You been tipping us fo beat Huddersfield 3 or 4 -1 tomorrow wont us. 

Raya shocked you? Didn't shock me. Thought it was clear in April that he was leaving. 

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Told you this on Friday.

No money issues at all. Venkys still paying whenever they ask for money. The pressure is external from ffp. But there’s no need to sell to buy in general. Dacks injury has opened a couple of opportunities for loan forwards but they do need to lose some wages to make it work.

Im pretty sure we won’t sell any star players.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

No money issues at all. Venkys still paying whenever they ask for money. The pressure is external from ffp. But there’s no need to sell to buy in general. Dacks injury has opened a couple of opportunities for loan forwards but they do need to lose some wages to make it work.

Sadly Paul, I think we still making big losses hence the recurrent share issues which seem to happen a number of times each year.

Feels like Venky's have to cough up or we go under, they've little choice and the auditor's qualifications in the accounts tell us that.

Think your last sentence is a tad contradictory!

I think our net player trading (fees and wages) in January will show a big surplus and, unfortunately, I think at least one of our 'stars' will be leaving.  My thoughts are based upon both an accountant's view (mine) of the situation and a bit of gossip I've picked up.  Come 1 February we will know the answer.

36 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly Paul, I think we still making big losses hence the recurrent share issues which seem to happen a number of times each year.

Feels like Venky's have to cough up or we go under, they've little choice and the auditor's qualifications in the accounts tell us that.

I think our net player trading (fees and wages) in January will show a big surplus and, unfortunately, I think at least one of our 'stars' will be leaving.  My thoughts are based upon both an accountant's view (mine) of the situation and a bit of gossip I've picked up.  Come 1 February we will know the answer.

You hear this gossip every window.How many times have you said the same thing only for it to never happen?

• Like 2

We will only really know around March when the 2018/2019 accounts are published, how far we are from FFP.

As it stands we know we run a circa £15 million operating loss per year.

Past 2 seasons total £20.6 million so we should end up around £36 - 38 million against the limit of 39.

It's the following season when the £3.8 million loss has rolled off the cliff that we need to worry about. This is where the Dack sale (or someone) for circa £15 million becomes critical for us.

The £1.5 million loss in 15/16 was when we sold Rhodes, Gestede, King.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15107733.blackburn-rovers-cut-losses---club-debts-still-stand-106m/

This player sales profit needs to be repeated within the next 18 months or we MUST get promoted. 

20191229_095104.jpg

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

• Moderation Lead
54 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Shall we file those prophecies among Rhodes to Bolton, us winning 4-1 at home every week and a licence to print money?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

They are just subsidising it like they always have done though aside from a brief spell they turned the taps off which led to mass sales and relegation.

Wasn't it pointed out a while back that to stay on the right side of FFP the club has to find about 3 million per annum as its own income contribution alongside owner input ?  Cairney went out of the blue for about that then at one point Vs wrote off 3 million of shares.  More recently Raya's departure again for around that magic number ?

Wouldn't be surprised if they have to find someone to sell for that again in next 12 months, however in the overall picture if they can keep investing as they are now it might be a small price to pay.  The key is to spend it properly on fees and wages, that bit is wide open to debate.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Some players will leave Rovers in January players like Smallwood and Samuel, plus Hart, Luetwiler(if keeper is signed). But no first team regular will be sold that weaken our Playoffs/promotion chances

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You mention have a tipping point at Rovers for years and probably mention it more times than TV show been on TV

J*B told the messageboard on Friday, that the Charlton Chairman look at buying Rovers and was told not for sale and no extra funding was needed. So this dismissed your point of any sort of tipping point. 

Why would the owners weaken our chances of promotion by selling any one who is key to our team. 

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Shall we file those prophecies among Rhodes to Bolton, us winning 4-1 at home every week and a licence to print money?

Excellent points. Did Bolton owner ever cough up to buy Rhodes? nope he didn't. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would the owners weaken our chances of promotion by selling any one who is key to our team. 

What are you on about? They sold just about our entire Premier League team to get us relegated!!

They sold the players Bowyer accumulated who should have been good enough to get us back up under a better manager.

Then on the eve of a new season they sold our centre-backs and we got relegated again!

All this enthusiasm for our owners is getting on my wick.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

What are you on about? They sold just about our entire Premier League team to get us relegated!!

They sold the players Bowyer accumulated who should have been good enough to get us back up under a better manager.

Then on the eve of a new season they sold our centre-backs and we got relegated again!

All this enthusiasm for our owners is getting on my wick.

In the PL days, yes some players were frozen out and players sold but I put down to other factors. I wont say more on it. 

Rhodes, Gestede, Duffy, Hanley all wanted to leave. You seem happy to forget this. 

Sold out centre backs on the Eve of the new season. Well firstly Duffy started the season here and Hanley moved to Newcastle on 21st July. So your point is wrong on this.