BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We are only 3 points off the play offs so all is not lost there but otherwise your point stands; worth pointing out that FFP constraints may well mean that the money men can't sanction signings even if they wanted to.

Lets not pretend they were going to, we don't spend in January.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

My money is on Evans leaving if cash is needed

In my dreams maybe, but in reality I'm resigned to the fact Evans will be here until he retires. I genuinely don't ever remember hearing of a single club even being interested in him. 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

In my dreams maybe, but in reality I'm resigned to the fact Evans will be here until he retires. I genuinely don't ever remember hearing of a single club even being interested in him. 

I would be more than happy for Evans to stay. We have looked shite without him and Travis together. I think he is so underestimated by many fans. 

• Like 3

Best thing about Souness is that he immediately identified the dross and shipped them out. There was no settling for second best. Granted, we haven’t got the likes of Dunn, Duff and Jansen to build around but he also recruited well. Hignett, Berg, Friedel, Berkovic, Curtis, none of them broke the bank.

Apples and oranges, I suppose. Souness was under no illusion as to the job expected of him. Jack wanted Rovers back where they belonged. Now we’re reduced to a yearly agenda item at a meeting half a world away. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I would be more than happy for Evans to stay. We have looked shite without him and Travis together. I think he is so underestimated by many fans. 

No, he isn't. He has purple patches of form which inevitably fade away as he re-establishes himself in the team, gets injured or the international period ends. Even Mowbray said he has to keep Evans on the bench to motivate him.

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Agree with both comments but can't think of anyone else (as said, maybe Lenihan) who would be worth anything. At a stretch - Williams for 1m to a top L1 / lower championship team?

36 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I agree on Evans complete. Evans and Travis is our Best centre midfield partnership

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nah there won’t be a big signing January, couple of loans

Wouldn't rule out a cheap signings. 

You heard any names yet? 

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If only someone like Rhian brewster would be a target

off to Swansea to play for his former England manager Steve Cooper who he knows. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I agree on Evans complete. Evans and Travis is our Best centre midfield partnership

Wouldn't rule out a cheap signings. 

You heard any names yet? 

off to Swansea to play for his former England manager Steve Cooper who he knows. 

Lansbury is the only one Iv been told but don’t think it’s a goer 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lansbury is the only one Iv been told but don’t think it’s a goer 

I don't see it happening. 

Need a centre back and left back in 1st. 

I would be looking at Dawson at Sheff Wed to sign for Keeper slot who is out of contract this summer

1 hour ago, DE. said:

No, he isn't. He has purple patches of form which inevitably fade away as he re-establishes himself in the team, gets injured or the international period ends. Even Mowbray said he has to keep Evans on the bench to motivate him.

Well the fact that Tony's only way of motivating a player is to bench him says more about his managerial skills than Evans' attitude. 

What a shambles  the club as become  where 3 points off the play offs and where talking about players being sold . If the Venkys  are serious  about Rovers get some players in and lets have a go .  Because  if they don't  it will say alot about Venkys ambition. They are the ones who fooked it up not the fans

• Backroom

Well the fact that Tony's only way of motivating a player is to bench him says more about his managerial skills than Evans' attitude. 

Evans has coasted under every manager we've had so I'm inclined to side with Mowbray on this one. 

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Best thing about Souness is that he immediately identified the dross and shipped them out. There was no settling for second best. Granted, we haven’t got the likes of Dunn, Duff and Jansen to build around but he also recruited well. Hignett, Berg, Friedel, Berkovic, Curtis, none of them broke the bank.

Apples and oranges, I suppose. Souness was under no illusion as to the job expected of him. Jack wanted Rovers back where they belonged. Now we’re reduced to a yearly agenda item at a meeting half a world away. 

Irony with Souness is the cheaper signings were better though he had the advantage of working with Friedel/Tugay earlier. The more expensive ones were the flops besides Cole. To be fair most people thought Ferguson would be a success. Grabbi's signing was questionable especially given we know now that Souness basically did it on evidence of a video.

Same with Hughes (elsewhere obviously) who wasted big money.

• Like 2

On 01/12/2019 at 18:18, Roverinbelfast said:
1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You could be right about Smallwood although would wages be an issue ? Could it be Bradley Lyons ?

I heard Richie Smallwood could be going to Rotherham

Edited by den9112

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

You could be right about Smallwood although would wages be an issue ? Could it be Bradley Lyons ?

Dunno but at 29 Smallwood needs to accept he may need to take a pay cut if he wants to play football instead of just festering his career away. Cracking league one player.