BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

42 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Dunno but at 29 Smallwood needs to accept he may need to take a pay cut if he wants to play football instead of just festering his career away. Cracking league one player.

Yes Smallwood os going have to accept that fact. Rotherham have said they aren't interested I read this morning

37 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Brereton getting loan interest from Bolton, fleetwood 

Thanks for sharing. 

Bolton would be the best place for him to play. Keith Hill is a good man manager

Just now, Ossydave said:

If we send Brereton out on loan you can guarantee Graham will break down injured. Mind you he's never going to get match fit anyway festering on the bench.

Samuel also attracting loan interest apparently.

That's an excellent point Dave. 

If we are looking at loan both out then we will need a replacement. Someone like Che Adams from Southampton could be ideal if he is available on loan. Knows that division and scored goals at this level. Someone we scouted last season

Just now, roversfan99 said:

These links to Gillingham defenders and Blackpool midfielders are the exact types of players we need to turn into actual, genuine play off contenders!

Sadly this is the market we are in. Nothing wrong with looking for gems in league 1 or 2 who can perform in the championship. I don't know anything about either player. Can you share your thoughts and opinions on either please? what are strengths and weaknesses? what positions do they play?

• Backroom
Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

tbh id`e rather sign hungry,young players than give contracts to the likes of johnson  and downing,who are only after one last pay day

We already have the likes of Buckley, Travis, Rankin-Costello, Davenport and even Rothwell who are midfielders looking for a chance or who are already in the first team. I'd say we have enough young, hungry midfielders right here ready to make the step up. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

tbh id`e rather sign hungry,young players than give contracts to the likes of johnson  and downing,who are only after one last pay day

Downing has been a good signing to be fair. Johnson not so much. The majority of younger players that Mowbray has signed have thus far been abject failures and as I touched on in the Mowbray thread I dont think our squad (excluding Dack due to long term injury) is noticeably more valuable than when Mowbray arrived.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The Gillingham player is a left back who is 23 years and represented England at under 17 level. Came through Spurs Academy I believe

Ive never seen either player but they hardly have pedigrees that suggest they could make massive differences to what is at the moment IMO a practically impossible play off push with this squad. Im sure its just gossip and will be forgotten about tomorrow.

Smallwood doesnt HAVE to accept a lower wage, he could justifiably see his contract out if he wanted. Che Adams is the mind of signing that would make a big difference. Southampton owe us a favour after selling us a waste of space!

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Downing has been a good signing to be fair. Johnson not so much. The majority of younger players that Mowbray has signed have thus far been abject failures and as I touched on in the Mowbray thread I dont think our squad (excluding Dack due to long term injury) is noticeably more valuable than when Mowbray arrived.

Its time we started playing and bringing through players like Davenport, Rankin Costello, Hilton

Yes Smallwood os going have to accept that fact. Rotherham have said they aren't interested I read this morning

Thanks for sharing. 

Bolton would be the best place for him to play. Keith Hill is a good man manager

That's an excellent point Dave. 

If we are looking at loan both out then we will need a replacement. Someone like Che Adams from Southampton could be ideal if he is available on loan. Knows that division and scored goals at this level. Someone we scouted last season

Sadly this is the market we are in. Nothing wrong with looking for gems in league 1 or 2 who can perform in the championship. I don't know anything about either player. Can you share your thoughts and opinions on either please? what are strengths and weaknesses? what positions do they play?

Che Adam's won't be going anywhere, he's started the last few games and we know how frail Ings is.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive never seen either player but they hardly have pedigrees that suggest they could make massive differences to what is at the moment IMO a practically impossible play off push with this squad. Im sure its just gossip and will be forgotten about tomorrow.

Smallwood doesnt HAVE to accept a lower wage, he could justifiably see his contract out if he wanted. Che Adams is the mind of signing that would make a big difference. Southampton owe us a favour after selling us a waste of space!

Firstly, if Smallwood wants to play he is going have to accept a lower wage from league 1 club. 

So you have seen neither players but wrote off both players without seeing neither play. 

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Have a look at Sheffield United's squad and look where their players were at - Oxford, Milton Keynes, Shrewsbury, Portsmouth etc etc

excellent point mate. Baldock came from MK Dons, Stevens from Villa reserves, Fleck from Coventry, Norwood from Brighton, Basham from Blackpool, 

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What's up with this Davenport kid,must be match fit by now? 

He has been playing games for under 23's

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Che Adam's won't be going anywhere, he's started the last few games and we know how frail Ings is.

Leeds are interested in him according to their local journalist Phil Hay

• Backroom

Firstly, if Smallwood wants to play he is going have to accept a lower wage from league 1 club. 

If it's a lot lower he's probably better off seeing out his contract here for the last six months and then signing with somebody as a free agent in the summer. The wage on offer isn't likely to be significantly different and he'll probably get a higher signing on fee if he's a free agent. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

So you have seen neither players but wrote off both players without seeing neither play. 

excellent point mate. Baldock came from MK Dons, Stevens from Villa reserves, Fleck from Coventry, Norwood from Brighton, Basham from Blackpool, 

He has been playing games for under 23's

Leeds are interested in him according to their local journalist Phil Hay

They might be interested but I'd be literally amazed if he goes on loan considering they play 2 up top and he seems to be getting some starts.