BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why? 

We kept him a couple of two seasons too long as it was. Downing has performed far better than Conway.

Wouldn't touch Marshall with a sh***y stick either. What is this obsession with former players, many of whom weren't that good when they were here before?

I didn't say I'd touch Marshall either. And Craig Conway would absolutely get into this team. Not ahead of Downing, on the opposite wing to him.

What is this obsession with not actually reading into the opinion you're commenting on?

Edited by JoeH

Just now, JoeH said:

I didn't say I'd touch Marshall either. And Craig Conway would absolutely get into this team. Not ahead of Downing, on the opposite wing to him.

What is this obsession with not actually reading into the opinion you're commenting on?

Craig Conway of 3 or 4 seasons ago would absolutely get in this team.But he wouldn't be getting in it this season.If he was good enough for the championship he wouldn't have been signing for Salford

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I haven’t heard anything about BB other than what’s in the media. Ultimately he still has time. Same age as Buckley so has plenty of time to develop. But I know they’ve been worried about Gally who has definitely been hindered by 2yrs of not really playing and hasn’t developed since they last had him. Have to persevere. Gally definitely has the tools.

They just seem so shot shy, unwilling to attack the 6 yard box and lack aggression.  So many times you expect a shoulder charge but the just flop over at the slightest tickle. I honestly think the softly, softly approach with them doesn't work.

Dack on the other hand loves a physical battle and will throw his body on the line. We'll miss him massively as nobody else poaches around the 6 yard box. 

• Like 3

Just now, briansol said:

Stuart "King of crosses" Ripley. No contest when it came to crosses. He could put in a cross without needing to go past the fullback. 

He didn't even need to lift his head up either.

• Like 1

No treasure chest lol.

In all our seasons in the Championship, since the take-over disaster, we have only made even the top 10 twice- with 8th and 9th finishes (2014 and 2015)

The other Championship finishes have been 15th (twice),17th and 22nd(relegated).

There is no ambition with these"ever so humble" owners...and, it seems, no point.

Compare this to our valiant attempts in the 70's and 80's...

FOV...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

Crossing like tackling or heading is an art form fast dying out, just like the flying up and down the line wingers the ball winning centre mid. The knock the passes around centre mid and striking partnerships.

I really don't know why because football as a spectacle is all the worse for it season on season recently it's become more tactical, zonal, robotic shite. Zombie players all very similar and teams filled out with what are basically right footed right sided midfielders playing in numerous positions that don't really suit.

Mowbray is an absolute master at deploying players in positions that don't suit their limited abilities but to be fair in the Championship it's like a disease.  No real need for it at this level somebody start to bring back the blood and thunder end to end stuff please.

• Like 2

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

No treasure chest lol.

In all our seasons in the Championship, since the take-over disaster, we have only made even the top 10 twice- with 8th and 9th finishes (2014 and 2015)

The other Championship finishes have been 15th (twice),17th and 22nd(relegated).

There is no ambition with these"ever so humble" owners...and, it seems, no point.

Compare this to our valiant attempts in the 70's and 80's...

FOV...

Mowbray spent £12m on 2 players that aren't scoring and adding value. 

Can't really blame them for these last 2 seasons? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

There's no transfer budget. We've already been told by enough people it's loans only. They've spunked all the cash on Gallagher

Reading the accounts published 30 December this does not seem to be the case. It states a net spend on transfers of less than 1000 pounds since the year end in March and a net profit of over 1 million in transfer dealings in that twelve months

Just a thought but if you had a company that was trying to or about to try and buy stock would you 

A.tell all the company's you were buying off you were loaded and wanted to spunk money up the wall as your best asset is not working at the min 

B. Tell everyone you are skint with no cash but have a hugh hole for someone to shine in the number 10 role and hope some one wants a move to get game time.......

42 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I fully expect this window to be the most dull we have ever experienced. Zero expectations.

I don't know about that there's been plenty of those for it to live up to.

• Like 2

Just now, geedog13 said:

Just a thought but if you had a company that was trying to or about to try and buy stock would you 

A.tell all the company's you were buying off you were loaded and wanted to spunk money up the wall as your best asset is not working at the min 

B. Tell everyone you are skint with no cash but have a hugh hole for someone to shine in the number 10 role and hope some one wants a move to get game time.......

What do the accounts say ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah come on now,for all Mowbrays faults and reasons to be criticized,  it's a peculiar angle to have a conspiracy theory as to why Buckely started a few. Before he was starting a lot on here were,incorrectly , slaying mowbray for not giving youth a chance. He gives him a chance,which hasn't worked out, and now you are trying to make out someone is making him play Buckley. Nonsense. I wouldnt say any of the Indians know who Buckley is. 

They won’t even know Dacks injured yet!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

What do the accounts say ?

I'm not saying we have money but if clubs think we are buying to replace dack the price will go up, so better to make them think we are skint that way they give a sensible price tag 

22 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

I really hope you are right and it is only strategy, but....

Just now, geedog13 said:

I'm not saying we have money but if clubs think we are buying to replace dack the price will go up, so better to make them think we are skint that way they give a sensible price tag 

We rarely do any real business in January anyway plus there are one or two on the books already who could operate in that position.  Can't see they'll be looking anywhere for any inspirational signing so i don't think they are playing the skint card.  

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

@SportsPeteO: Luton, Wigan and Blackburn Rovers are chasing a move for Sheffield United defender Ben Heneghan this month. #LTFC #wafc #Rovers #sufc #twitterblades #bfc

Hopefully the 3 club rule, rules us out. If not, good to see our scouts have been chasing new talent for the past two years.

We wanted Heneghan previously, before he signed for Sheff Utd.