BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, bluebruce said:

Was that not when we were in League One and they were in the Championship?

Very true depends whether sheff utd see him as a squad member or better see what happened to been heneghan

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do think we are lacking in the wide areas, but lets not reinvent history, Conway was unable to justify a place in our team for his last couple of seasons here, his abilities had clearly waned with age and he was ineffective for at least his last 2 seasons. As others have said, theres a reason hes had to go to League 2 to get a contract.

Have.been lacking proper width for ever.but never mind ToMo blew 12 mill on center forwards for the wings.  Madness.

• Like 1

If we are on the cusp of ffp then it makes sense to buy now does it not? There is also the issues of whether ffp system is legally fair along with other financial issues being tested by clubs such as stadium sales etc. Rovers only need to sell the stadium name to one if venkys subsidiary companies to get round it!

38 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Just read the Mowbray statement that we have no money and won't be doing any business. Pretty obvious from the accounts. Because we can't sell Dack any spend will bang us straight into FFP.

If Sheff Utd did come for Lenihan I doubt he would have a choice. Pretty sure we would sell him and look for a freebie replacement on less wages.

Forget the football side of things now. It's 100% about the finances and FFP making all the decisions. The only "Dack Plan" has gone up in smoke. Even KPMG didn't have a plan B.

Good that Gladwin has gone. Expecting about 4 more to go. Smallwood, Evans, Bell, Samuel.

I'd keep Bell and Evans and replace ToMo, Bell? There's a player in there somewhere he needs good coaching and a manager that can help him with his confidence.  Evans can be a proper player when he is properly motivated too.

On the money thing, or lack of it, I was under the impression ToMo had funds left over that he did not spend.  Is it possible that Venks have closed the purse strings cos they are looking for his replacement?

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not on a wind- up, but is Lenihan really that good and how reliable is his fitness?

We have three central defenders; one of whom is on loan. We have no money to replace Lenihan, as, by the sounds, of it any money recouped has already been spent.

Williams and Adarabioyo would not be my preference in a relegation battle.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

If we are on the cusp of ffp then it makes sense to buy now does it not? There is also the issues of whether ffp system is legally fair along with other financial issues being tested by clubs such as stadium sales etc. Rovers only need to sell the stadium name to one if venkys subsidiary companies to get round it!

It's a load of bollox. Case in point have a look at Derbys number 32 tonight. 

• Like 1

I seen enough  yesterday too see that if Chapman gets a good run and has a better left back behind him  he can do a job. Same on the other side Nyambe and Downing would make a  good partnership on the right. When a manager builds a team he looks at partnership all around the pitch center  backs Tosin and Lenihen  should be worked on too

Just now, Stuart said:

We have three central defenders; one of whom is on loan. We have no money to replace Lenihan, as, by the sounds, of it any money recouped has already been spent.

Maybe they will offer cash plus that Henigan lad. Depends on how much the cash is then because we would certainly need another centre half too. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Oh, I agree with your last sentence.

If we were a normal club and used some of the fee to get a "no-nonsense" replacement to play alongside Tosin, it might be ok for this season.

I guess I haven't got that deep belief in Lenihan.

Just now, Stuart said:

Absolutely. Out of the 2, Lenihan for all of his faults is the important one back there. We have kept 8 clean sheets this season, all with Lenihan starting, 4 of which have been with Williams, 3 with Adarabioyo and 1 with both. Lenihan has played 21 games, in the 5 he missed we conceded 9 goals, 1.8 a game, albeit it is a small sample size. We have conceded an average of 1.19 per game with Lenihan in. (Still not very good) Adarabioyo is the better of the other 2 but neither are leading defenders, and when they are played together we are far more vulnerable.

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because he can cross the ball. Thats how badly we need someone we can do that. I agree that Conway could barely move at the end.

But it’s no good being able to cross, if you’re too slow to beat a man...

• Like 1

With some of the prices players have been going for recently we could probably demand at least £10million for Lenihan. 

I am beginning to lose patience with everything about the club and the way it's run so selling him would probably have no affect on me. Yes he's a decent defender but we still ship goals when he's playing, so let's cash in. 

When we went in our little winning run I had hope, but now that has all gone. The season is over and all the pro-Mowbrayers can point to the fact that we are only 4 points off the playoffs, but I don't give a shit. Under Mowbray we will be nothing more than what North End have become, a bang average championship team. That for me is not acceptable. 

If we are keeping Mowbray then sell Lenihan, Travis and whoever else might get us a bit of cash. Tony won't improve them, just like he won't take us any further than mid table. 

Sell the assets but don't give Tony a penny to spunk. Maybe then he might walk. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

But it’s no good being able to cross, if you’re too slow to beat a man...

I dont think Conway would be the answer,but a player doesnt necessarily need to beat his man to cross it in! Beckham had a decent enough ball and he wasnt skinning full-back. We just need someone to start getting quality ball into the box. Was it 67% possession the last game with little to no penetration and that's not the first time that has happened this season.

• Like 1