BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

5 minutes ago, Doug said:

Our academy needs to be producing better quality, or at least players who can be able replacements for short term injuries.

People will rightly point to Travis and Nyambe but where are the next ones?

Given our 'tight' financial position surely we must produce more of 'our own'?

genuinely believe that Rankin-Costello is worthy of a place in the 18 at least more so than Buckley and Brereton too. Especially with the injury to Dack we need another wide option. 

Had Butterworth not had such a bad run of injuries this season then he likely would've been in with a shout.

Davenport I would like to take another look at.

• Like 6

For me when need a solid experienced keeper, Joe Hart would be ideal, Adam Bogdan is on a free also.

We need to clone Gael Givet, tough Centre half who doesn’t look like a total plonker at left back.

A goalscorer, Hogan would be decent, is Jack Marriott getting a game at Derby?

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

For me when need a solid experienced keeper, Joe Hart would be ideal, Adam Bogdan is on a free also.

We need to clone Gael Givet, tough Centre half who doesn’t look like a total plonker at left back.

Hart signing would be good but we all know that will not happen.

Whatever wages budget is made available has to be used in right areas and although a keeper is a priority we are still paying for Walton for the rest of this season. Any players moving on will (assume) free up budget money, so needs to be done quickly otherwise we will be left scraping the barrel. January window not ideal. 

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That has been the philosophy ever since we were relegated from the Premier League. The imbalance between transfer fees paid for forwards and midfielders on one hand and goalkeepers and defenders on the other is extraordinary. Given that it has been going on for so long under so many managers points to there being outside interference presumably from the owners; I don't think you can blame Tony Mowbray for that.

Nope I blame the manager otherwise you are entering the realm of him not making the signings or following someone else's orders.

Something that whenever I allude to I get 'conspiracy" thrown my way by a select little group. One of whom adds his own weight to it on twitter yet plays whiter than white on here.

Just consider for a min that you don't have to actually spend a lot you just have to know what you are doing.

Dann, Duffy and a million pound loan fee for Tosin for starters. He's been found wanting in terms of defense and keeper recruitment before you start on anything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Nope I blame the manager otherwise you are entering the realm of him not making the signings or following someone else's orders.

Something that whenever I allude to I get 'conspiracy" thrown my way by a select little group. One of whom adds his own weight to it on twitter yet plays whiter than white on here.

Just consider for a min that you don't have to actually spend a lot you just have to know what you are doing.

Dann, Duffy and a million pound loan fee for Tosin for starters. He's been found wanting in terms of defense and keeper recruitment before you start on anything else.

It's hard to imagine that it is pure coincidence, with it going on for so long and under several different managers. Let that little group who won't accept some sort of strange behavior, has been and still is evident at the club, say what they want, I will take some convincing that there isn't. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lraC said:

It's hard to imagine that it is pure coincidence, with it going on for so long and under several different managers. Let that little group who won't accept some sort of strange behavior, has been and still is evident at the club, say what they want, I will take some convincing that there isn't. 

Me too but some on here want to have their cake and eat it.

It's ok to mention that when defending the manager but not when you question his other signings via channels that existed before or from the same agent as himself.

My long held belief is various people have says in signings and are allowed to bring a few in each at times. Plenty evidence points to that if you know where to look 

No saying it's dodgy anymore just cack handed and not in the best interests of building a good team.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Scott Dann arrived before we were relegated whereas I specifically referred to what has happened since then. How are you in a position to know what the loan fee is for Tosin ?

Duffy is the most expensive defender at approx £450k since we were relegated. We did of course make a substantial profit on his sale.

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I saw Marriott play on Friday night where he scored his first goal in 18 games with what looked like a mishit. The half time interval was spent with the TV showing the extraordinary number of good chances that he had missed prior to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Personally I think Jordan Hugill could replace DG properly.   Dirty , big, strong and knows where the goal is.

yet again wages and fees involved no chance. 

we are very likely to sell a Dack(if fit), Lenihan or Armstrong to keep us under FFP rules. 

Stupid rules in my opinion. 

This is why we will be looking for free transfers, loan players and cheap deals this coming summer transfer window 

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Hogan's wages are too much for us. Same with Hart's wages

If you wanted to replace Dack then why not look at Luke Freeman at Sheff Utd who is on 10k a week according to reports wants to leave Sheff Utd due to lack of playing time there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

we are very likely to sell a Dack(if fit), Lenihan or Armstrong to keep us under FFP rules. 

This is why we will be looking for free transfers, loan players and cheap deals this coming summer transfer window 

If you wanted to replace Dack then why not look at Luke Freeman at Sheff Utd who is on 10k a week according to reports wants to leave Sheff Utd due to lack of playing time there

Freeman is a good shout if we have the funds.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not if we hadn't have bought two dollopers with the coin...but you think Mowbray is now doing a good job so you'll find sonething 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

As much as Freeman is a good player, we need so many playees before him. Thats why I dont want us to waste resources on loaning a young attacking midfielder, we need a goalscorer, at least one winger, a left back (which in turns frees up Downing to be a full time midfielder), a goalkeeper all of first team pedigree, as well as an alternative to the injury prone Nyambe and a centre back before even considering a number 10. Holtby and Downing can give us creativity from the centre.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from? Not a particularly encouraging record although better than Brereton and Gallagher on account of not being Brereton or Gallagher! So get him in.

On the radio this morning,but we were mentioned with around 6 other clubs. I cant see it. 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Freeman is going to leeds apparently 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

On the radio this morning,but we were mentioned with around 6 other clubs. I cant see it. 

Any hope that we are even thinking of signing a striker no matter how questionable his record is gives me the slightest hope that I wont have to endure watching Gallagher and Brereton providing no goal threat for the rest of the season!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray knew the score regarding our finances and FFP all along so there's no mileage in squandering £12m on 2 players and then complaining the rules are unfair after the event.

Dack's injury is unfortunate but injuries are a part and parcel of football and if we are a one man team ( which I've long argued we are ever since League 1) that's a sad  indictment of Mowbray's manager.

We have a number of priority positions on the pitch other than replacing Dack. Mowbray signed Rothwell and Holtby. Whilst they'll never replace fully Dack's contribution in terms of goals, a good manager would get the best out of those 2 and partially fill the creative void that way.

Otherwise what's the point in signing them?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not if we hadn't have bought two dollopers with the coin...but you think Mowbray is now doing a good job so you'll find sonething 

Well we bought the players we have bought/. Cant re write history sadly

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As much as Freeman is a good player, we need so many playees before him. Thats why I dont want us to waste resources on loaning a young attacking midfielder, we need a goalscorer, at least one winger, a left back (which in turns frees up Downing to be a full time midfielder), a goalkeeper all of first team pedigree, as well as an alternative to the injury prone Nyambe and a centre back before even considering a number 10. Holtby and Downing can give us creativity from the centre.

Freeman gives you creativity.

So you want 6 signings this window? so where are the funds coming from and we just keep adding to the squad that need cutting number wise. Plus FFP rules to comply with

I said that we need 3 signings. Keeper, left back and centre back this season. 

Is this Schmidt coming in on a loan to buy next summer to replace Dack long term?

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Freeman is going to leeds apparently 

That's what I said this morning

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Any hope that we are even thinking of signing a striker no matter how questionable his record is gives me the slightest hope that I wont have to endure watching Gallagher and Brereton providing no goal threat for the rest of the season!

I don't see Brereton being here much longer for the reasons I posted yesterday