BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

39 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not seen this link posted, apologies if it has been.

Linked to George Tanner, 20 year old Man U fullback on loan at Morecambe

Out of contract in summer. Permanent move supposedly being considered.

Posted it yesterday pal. Same post as Schmidt post.

But we should be targeting good young players who we can develop here 

16 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Looks good from what I’ve seen. Quick, strong and loves a tackle. Should give nyambe some competion

Thanks 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, whalleyrover said:

Another waste of money. Surely Rankin Costello could be competition for Nyambe. There are more important positions which need filling, starting with the manager

You're going to find yourself disappointed on the manager front, as we all (mostly) are. Not much point talking about it, it's not happening any time soon. That's why I'm more focusing on the areas where things could happen.

3 minutes ago, whalleyrover said:

Another waste of money. Surely Rankin Costello could be competition for Nyambe. There are more important positions which need filling, starting with the manager

Rankin Costello is a winger/10 really. 

Tanner is 18/19 years old. So will cheap signing and someone we could develop. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

20 years old. Was only 20 in November I think it was though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No chance. Cant afford him can Preston. 

Neil was begging in media for signings after Saturday game

Where do they links come from for them..

I think there is something in this.  Newcastle offering a lot of his wages , a deal to be done that could push the nobbers into promotion reckoning 

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think there is something in this.  Newcastle offering a lot of his wages , a deal to be done that could push the nobbers into promotion reckoning 

He ain't going Preston in my opinion due to Gayle's wages. Preston wage budget is very low and I don't see the club spending money to make it up. Preston ain't big enough to afford those wages. 

Bruce said that he wants to sell Gayle to free up funds for him to spend on his signings 

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is it just me or is the last thing we need yet more "cheap" signings we can hypothetically develop for some distant point in the future?

We already have a number of players at the Club like Hart  Brereton Gallagher Chapman and Davenport who haven't progressed as hoped and need developing or discarding before we bring anyone else in. Then there are the Academy youngsters to consider as well.

Far more importantly, if there's no money for permanent signings we need to offload some deadwood first before anyone else comes in then make two or three judicious loan signings to fill the areas of urgent need in the side like striker, keeper, LB RB CB etc etc

• Like 9

Hasn't this thread been closed yet?

No money (to spend).

No hope.

Developing young players.... not here.

That would involve good coaches. We have cheap coaches. That is why none of our young players progress and why our senior players regress.

The whole coaching staff need replacing. Too many analysts not enough experienced pros on the grass working with players.

Venus, Lowe, Benson all need replacing with more capable coaches. Even the cones need replacing.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can only go off the report. Can you tell us what's he on then? 

Clearly the report is wrong. What was he on at QPR then? 50 quid a week?

He was purchased by a PL club so will no doubt be on at least double that (probably more)

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is it just me or is the last thing we need yet more "cheap" signings we can hypothetically develop for some distant point in the future?

We already have a number of players at the Club like Brereton Gallagher Chapman and Davenport who haven't progressed as hoped and need developing or discarding before we bring anyone else in. Then there are the Academy youngsters to consider as well.

Far more importantly, if there's no money for permanent signings we need to offload some deadwood first before anyone else comes in then make two or three judicious loan signings to fill the areas of urgent need in the side like striker, keeper, LB RB CB etc etc

That is going to have to the way shortly with FFP rules and how debt levels. 

I suspect this summer recruitment will be loans, cheap young players signings and free transfers

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Hasn't this thread been closed yet?

No money (to spend).

No hope.

We are looking to sign players. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Clearly the report is wrong. What was he on at QPR then? 50 quid a week?

He was purchased by a PL club so will no doubt be on at least double that (probably more)

No idea Jack. But do you know what he is on now then? If not then fair enough move on. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No idea Jack. But do you know what he is on now then? If not then fair enough move on. 

Never claimed that I do. I would put my house on it being a lot more than 10k a week - we have bigger earners here and he was signed by a PL team. 

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I suspect this summer recruitment will be loans, cheap young players signings and free transfers

We are looking to sign players. 

FFP rules are such a consideration because we spent £12 Million on strikers that haven’t made £12 million worth of contributions.

• Like 2

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, how dare he come here and play out of position, thereby knocking Armstrong out of his out of position position.

No need for concern, he'd be dropped soon enough for "not working hard enough defensively" and be told to study Armstrong and Bennett's game to improve. Of course he'd also need the obligatory 2 weeks to a month to "settle in" and study our very complex system of play - otherwise he might start passing to his own team mates by mistake and make incisive runs that actually lead to something.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 8

In an ideal world Mowbray needs to be brave and ruthless this window and offload Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Evans or Johnson, Bennett and maybe even  consider loaning out one of Gallagher or Brereton.  I also wouldn't hesitate to send Walton back if it was technically possible under the terms of his loan agreement. That should  give us more than enough wiggle room in wages  to bring in the players we need i.e. a couple of half decent strikers, a keeper and a defender or two on loan. Or at least it would if our recruitment department had the faintest idea  of who they need to be looking at.

In reality I predict we'll do absolutely nothing and then complain afterwards  about how we've no money and how difficult it is to get business done in January etc etc

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which means the only substancial money we've ever had to build a team under Venkys since Kean & co blew the parachute money has been wasted.  More so wasted on 2 'investment' signings where the idea seemed to be for them to be potential even bigger resale value after the football genius has worked his magic on them.

Now, back to Venkys and Mowbray constantly telling us the Premier league is the aim.........

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In an ideal world Mowbray needs to be brave and ruthless this window and offload Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Evans or Johnson, Bennett and maybe even  consider loaning out one of Gallagher or Brereton.  I also wouldn't hesitate to send Walton back if it was technically possible under the terms of his loan agreement. That should  give us more than enough wiggle room in wages  to bring in the players we need i.e. a couple of half decent strikers, a keeper and a defender or two on loan. Or at least it would if our recruitment department had the faintest idea  of who they need to be looking at.

In reality I predict we'll do absolutely nothing and then complain afterwards  about how we've no money and how difficult it is to get business done in January etc etc

We cant think about getting rid of Walton until weve sorted out at least one other keeper. Leutwiler is much worse.

Bennett is still useful as a squad player, Graham is one of very few players we have that is capable of scoring and needs to be kept until the end of the season. 

Evans is probably in our best 11.

Then the problem is trying to find a buyer for the rest of them. I imagine to get rid of some of them we will have to swallow a decent chunk of their wages for the remainder fo their contracts.

• Like 2