BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Pete O'Rourke 

Stoke City are interested in a move for Blackburn Rovers midfielder Corry Evans. #SCFC #Rovers https://t.co/bG6AlgNSnQ

Not surprising when you think about it. Not sure about the below though, has he played in defense more than once?

Versatile performer Evans fits the bill for Stoke as he can play in midfield as well as in defence

The thing about Evans is he is probably in our best 11 and realistically what would we get for him? Would free up some wages, but that doesn't meant anything if we don't replace him. Any sign of Davenport being ready? I suppose Bennett will probably end up in CM. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not surprising when you think about it. Not sure about the below though, has he played in defense more than once?

Versatile performer Evans fits the bill for Stoke as he can play in midfield as well as in defence

The thing about Evans is he is probably in our best 11 and realistically what would we get for him? Would free up some wages, but that doesn't meant anything if we don't replace him. Any sign of Davenport being ready? I suppose Bennett will probably end up in CM. 

If we can get a small fee for him I'd say sell.

Evans one fine for me. Smallwood can stay til end of season as cover if we can commend some sort of fee for Evans. Would happily take half a million for a player like that, with no long term future at this club beyond next season. Weird comments about his abilities to play in defence, writer probably doesn't know that much about him then.

We have more than enough midfield cover even if Evans does go. Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Downing, Bennett, Davenport, Smallwood. I reckon he would go too, saves him having to play for his next contract here. 

One of our higher earns too - amazingly.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That just shows how stupid they are. Nobody at the club has more influence on the fortunes of the club than the first team manager yet they penny pinch on appointments. At the same time they're quite willing to blow £ 7 million on " investment " players. Absolute fools.

We paid sensible wages Tyrone and still financial Wages are massive over compare to turnover. wasn't 154% wages compare to turnover.  

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Really?

IMO, his credibility took a severe battering after what he said in Blues Bar almost 12 months ago and what has subsequently happened.

I think he's hung some of our younger players (easier targets) out to dry with his criticism whilst others have seemingly escaped scot free (likes of Bennett).  

IMO, Mowbray is not quite the 'honourable' man you and some others like to portray.

I would be staggered if Mowbray walks with no settlement.

If you know Mowbray personally, and your comments suggest you do, the kindest thing you could do, IMO, is tell him his race is already run! 

Well, maybe with you Mercer but still has his backers and plenty of them. 

Well would Mani do that Mercer? would you do it if you were in that circumstance

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Looks like we are getting 20 year old George Tanner from Man Utd as first signing, fullback on loan at Morecambe.

Linked him over the weekend. Posted the link

4 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Another U23 signing

Any first teamers linked?

As I have already posted them.

We have been linked Schmidt, attacking midfield. Tanner, full back. Left back from Gillingham Ogilvie. Centre back Henegham

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We should have been in for Grabban. Instead we went for " jam tomorrow " and blew our kitty on an " investment ". I'd have rather had the " Cow " than the "Handful of  magic beans ".

Grabban's wages are far too high as we went through all this 18 months. We don't pay big wages. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

He doesn't, just likes everyone to think he's in with the mowbray crew

couldn't be further from the truth your comment

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Evans one fine for me. Smallwood can stay til end of season as cover if we can commend some sort of fee for Evans. Would happily take half a million for a player like that, with no long term future at this club beyond next season. Weird comments about his abilities to play in defence, writer probably doesn't know that much about him then.

I'm in the other camp where I wouldn't be too quick to sell Evans. This him and Travis make an excellent partnership and results in wins most of the time  when played together. 

I can see Smallwood leaving shortly

• Like 2

We cant sell Evans, pretty damning but with Johnson yet to perform he is a first teamer.

Sinclair a very good addition for Preston while we sit on our hands.

Bialokowski wouldnt come here over Millwall where he is now who are better than us sadly at this time and Cardiff who have a manager who have already has signed him this season.

Nothing to get excited about a young United full back playing for Morecambe or a young german number 10 on loan. Penniless seems to be the key to this windowm

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Grabban's wages are far too high as we went through all this 18 months. We don't pay big wages. 

He's on £35,000 a week. What would our highest earner be on? 

Maybe we should re-evaluate and pay higher wages, rather than spending £5 or £6 million on lads that there are no guarantees will ever come good. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's on €35,000 a week. What would our highest earner be on? 

Maybe we should re-evaluate and pay higher wages, rather than spending £5 or £6 million on lads that there are no guarantees will ever come good. 

Do Forest pay their players in Euros? ?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We cant sell Evans, pretty damning but with Johnson yet to perform he is a first teamer.

Sinclair a very good addition for Preston while we sit on our hands

Evan's is a busted flush in my opinion,  just cant be relied on for a promotion push

Yes, he could add some pace and goals to the nobbers, we should have been all over that, mowbray being ex Celtic etc, but he got his boys out in transylvania scouting the next big thing...

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's on €35,000 a week. What would our highest earner be on? 

In My Opinion, between 15k to 20k a week

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nothing to get excited about a young United full back playing for Morecambe or a young german number 10 on loan. Penniless seems to be the key to this windowm

The German Attacking midfield Schmidt has playing Bundesliga 2 football so the equivalent to championship. As always you are very quick to write off any signings who isnt your suggestion. 

Wouldnt want Sinclair here. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The German Attacking midfield Schmidt has playing Bundesliga 2 football so the equivalent to championship. 

No it's not , it's got way less funding etc and the standard is lower. Theres no 7m cock ups down there

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's on £35,000 a week. What would our highest earner be on? 

The thing with that is if we brought someone in on a massive wage compared to the rest and if the player didn't perform the manager would have the rest of the players banging on his door demanding wage increases

We all know what happens if Evans is sold. 

It will be wages off the books, a few quid to pay the bills and then make do and mend either by signing an inferior replacement or patching up with what we already have.

I've no doubt Stoke will be after him and expect O'Neill has already had a word. He'll get a pay rise and another couple of years on top. Last time we gave him a new deal it dragged and we tried lowering his wage.

Reality is that Evans has been one of our better performers this season and when rival clubs come in for players and we let them go it doesn't tend to end well. Those suggesting Smallwood or Davenport could cover for his absence need to get real. Two more of Mowbray's signings not good enough.

What a mess we've made of recruitment. To think we are 15 million net down on it too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The German Attacking midfield Schmidt has playing Bundesliga 2 football so the equivalent to championship. As always you are very quick to write off any signings who isnt your suggestion. 

Wouldnt want Sinclair here. 

After a period of natural scepticism you have returned to being an apologist and/or attempting to justify everything that the manager does or is rumoured to do.

Sinclair would be a far better addition in that he has proven that he can contribute to goals from that left hand side position, something Rothwell for example has struggled to do, and Downing is better served playing central if possible or may be needed at left back. Schmidt is a strange one, one I am unconvinced regarding whether it will happen, but hes not played that many senior games, he will take time to settle which for a 6 month loan he doesnt really have, plus we have Holtby for that role.

Sinclair isnt my suggestion, its Alex Neils. Rhian Brewster is going to Swansea, now I appreciate that he is raw but maybe he could have scored some goals for us? Neketiah at Arsenal?

And Bundesliga 2 I doubt is the same level as the Championship.

The Bundesliga 2. isn't the Championship. It's not significantly worse quality, it's just a very different league. The competition is different. Our league has 19 teams who can all beat each other, that league has about 3 top teams, and the rest are dross. Schmidt may be good, but for me isn't exactly the most enthralling signing we could be going after. If it's all we're going to get then that's the end of it, if only it was a defender.

For me, we need a real winger. Somebody who can help somehow to get some goals out of our forwards. I'd be throwing everything at someone like Adam Reach, consistently creating the most chances of any Sheffield Wednesday player. Good long shot on him, can hit a dead ball. He'd be great if we had any money to spend.

54 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Too many sitting on their wages here and a management only too happy to let them do so.

Remember Mowbrays comments in summer about how a few wouldn't get much game time so they were free to look elsewhere. He wasn't going to force them out though so they were basically also free to just pick up their wages and hang around hoping.

I said at the time it was a lax attitude to have by him, a shoulder shrug it's no skin off my nose cause i ain't paying them attitude. I thought it would bite us on the arse down the line and the dirty work should have been done then.

Yes, I recall. Mowbrays a generous man with others money. Meanwhile feeding his ego.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your obsess with Brereton. I haven't mention once today. Not part of my posts. 

You miss my point, again.   Nobody has 7m in that league is the point I was trying to make, and that mirrors the quality of the football......saying that 7m bought us low quality 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

We have more than enough midfield cover even if Evans does go. Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Downing, Bennett, Davenport, Smallwood. I reckon he would go too, saves him having to play for his next contract here. 

One of our higher earns too - amazingly.

Nothing amazing about it, he is an international, and one of our best players this year.