BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

After a period of natural scepticism you have returned to being an apologist and/or attempting to justify everything that the manager does or is rumoured to do.

Sinclair would be a far better addition in that he has proven that he can contribute to goals from that left hand side position, something Rothwell for example has struggled to do, and Downing is better served playing central if possible or may be needed at left back. Schmidt is a strange one, one I am unconvinced regarding whether it will happen, but hes not played that many senior games, he will take time to settle which for a 6 month loan he doesnt really have, plus we have Holtby for that role.

Sinclair isnt my suggestion, its Alex Neils. Rhian Brewster is going to Swansea, now I appreciate that he is raw but maybe he could have scored some goals for us? Neketiah at Arsenal?

And Bundesliga 2 I doubt is the same level as the Championship.

Wrong again What my point is that how can you be so very judgemental about Schmidt when you don't have a clue what type of player he is and how good and bad he could be? I Have no idea on the player. Why don't you reserve any sort of judgement until we see him on the pitch? How is Schmidt a strange one when we have clearly been scouting Germany, France, Portugal? 

Brewster is going to Swansea cos he knows the manager from Cooper who was his manager when we won the u17 world cup. Sensible by the player going to join a club where the manager knows his strengths and him as player. 

Willing to bet that if Evans goes when we play them next he’ll be the best player on the pitch (the ‘point to prove’ Evans before he reverts to type). Not a lad we need in the trenches but I’ve no doubt we’ll get someone worse as a replacement.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In My Opinion, between 15k to 20k a week

The German Attacking midfield Schmidt has playing Bundesliga 2 football so the equivalent to championship. As always you are very quick to write off any signings who isnt your suggestion. 

Wouldnt want Sinclair here. 

I always had a feeling Mulgrew and Evans were on more than 20. Could be wrong though

Not sure Bundesliga 2 is equivalent to Championship Chaddy. I reckon outside the top teams in Bundesliga 1 is closer to the Championship. I can't write this guy off or say he will do well as I never heard of him. I would imagine nobody on here had bar maybe 1 or 2.

Why wouldn't you want Sinclair here? I wouldn't either because I don't think he would end up being much good at left back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I always had a feeling Mulgrew and Evans were on more than 20. Could be wrong though

nope. Gallagher was 24k a week at Southampton and had to pay cut to move here. 

Why wouldn't you want Sinclair here?

I rather have Jack Clarke on loan from Spurs or Chaplin from Barnsley. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

36 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The thing with that is if we brought someone in on a massive wage compared to the rest and if the player didn't perform the manager would have the rest of the players banging on his door demanding wage increases

With the fee we paid for Brereton, I bet you he came in on the same or more than some lads who are now wondering why that's the case. 

It's always a gamble and I am sure we would be critisizing if it didn't work out, but to be fair someone like Grabban has proven himself to be able to do a job at this level wherever he was.  

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

nope. Gallagher was 24k a week at Southampton and had to pay cut to move here. 

I rather have Jack Clarke on loan from Spurs or Chaplin from Barnsley. 

I said more than 20k, so if he took a pay cut from 24k, he could still be on  more than 20k Chaddy. 

They would be gambles to be fair. I would love Joe Lolly, great player anytime I see him. Not happening though! 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I said more than 20k, so if he took a pay cut from 24k, he could still be on  more than 20k Chaddy. 

They would be gambles to be fair. I would love Joe Lolly, great player anytime I see him. Not happening though! 

We don't pay more 15k to 20k a week. Dack isn't on the highest wage earners. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We don't pay more 15k to 20k a week. Dack isn't on the highest wage earners. 

Are you sure about that? The average salary in the Championship is £25,000 and isn't our wages something like 154% of turnover

Can't help but think Johnson and Downing would be on 20 or more 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

28 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Nothing amazing about it, he is an international, and one of our best players this year.

The Canadian is an International, as is Nyambe and WIlliams. As for best players this season, he has played 13 times and is in and out of the team. Yes he played his part during our winning run but generally, you do not see many good performances unless a Ireland game is coming up or his contract is expiring.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you sure about that? The average salary in the Championship is £25,000 and isn't our wages something like 154% of turnover

Well it will be that high Average salary. Look at what players are on WBA and Stoke. Our wages for 18/19 season were 23 million for the entire club so that will including players, coaching staff and rest of the staff there. We don't have figures for this season

Go and ask the players are on weekly. Sure they tell you

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can't help but think Johnson and Downing would be on 20 or more 

Mowbray spoke of giving free agents a decent signing on fee to make up for the cut in their wages.Think that happened with Johnson ,Holtby and Downing.

Be very very surprised if we are paying Evans 20k a week

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mowbray spoke of giving free agents a decent signing on fee to make up for the cut in their wages.Think that happened with Johnson ,Holtby and Downing.

Be very very surprised if we are paying Evans 20k a week

Isn't it all the one then though really? Why not just sign Grabban as opposed to signing someone on less and making the difference up with a signing on fee? 

• Like 1

Isn't it all the one then though really? Why not just sign Grabban as opposed to signing someone on less and making the difference up with a signing on fee? 

Grabban is 35k a week. He went 18 months ago. Not this summer. 

You don't want one player on double the money what the rest are on? Team morale? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well it will be that high Average salary. Look at what players are on WBA and Stoke. Our wages for 18/19 season were 23 million for the entire club so that will including players, coaching staff and rest of the staff there. We don't have figures for this season

Go and ask the players are on weekly. Sure they tell you

Ya, I will give them all a bell after work. Bit busy now. 

Evans always seems to wrangle a new contract out of us based on a handful of neat and tidy performances. I'd love to cash in and buy a proper little bulldog in midfield. That’s what we’re missing.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You don't want one player on double the money what the rest are on? Team morale? 

Whats the difference between giving Johnson or Downing a big signing on bonus and lower wages as opposed to spreading it out in wages for someone like Grabban? 

Well, if the player on bigger wages was doing the business, I doubt anyone would care what he was on. If we weren't doing well, as is the situation now, the players need to sort it out, can't see a player on a few grand less being that much of an issue. Sure wasn't Jordan Rhodes on big wages? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So all Barcelona players should be paid the same as Messi? 

I do not buy this squad morale-stuff about wages. I think most of our squad would not bemoan Dack being given the best contract in the squad as he is our best player. if a player is worth the wages, you pay them. Nobody in our squad would complain if an experienced striker like Grabban came into our squad on a bit more than them - they would feel much better than that rather than knowing that SG is one of our top earners.

They all earn more than enough - if they want more, go and earn it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So all Barcelona players should be paid the same as Messi? 

I do not buy this squad morale-stuff about wages. I think most of our squad would not bemoan Dack being given the best contract in the squad as he is our best player. if a player is worth the wages, you pay them. Nobody in our squad would complain if an experienced striker like Grabban came into our squad on a bit more than them - they would feel much better than that rather than knowing that SG is one of our top earners.

They all earn more than enough - if they want more, go and earn it.

Indeed and if the team are winning, everyone gets more win bonuses etc 

If teams aren't doing well, I am sure they will find something else to blame other than a lad on slightly more 1000s than them per week 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not disagreeing with you.In the club's mind it's probably all out about Re-sale value,thus far they haven't worked out but Armstrong, Brererton and Gallagher all young and all English if any of them where a success then you talking about doubling,tripling or even higher when we sell them on

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong again What my point is that how can you be so very judgemental about Schmidt when you don't have a clue what type of player he is and how good and bad he could be? I Have no idea on the player. Why don't you reserve any sort of judgement until we see him on the pitch? How is Schmidt a strange one when we have clearly been scouting Germany, France, Portugal? 

Brewster is going to Swansea cos he knows the manager from Cooper who was his manager when we won the u17 world cup. Sensible by the player going to join a club where the manager knows his strengths and him as player. 

Just a very unexciting potential signing. A young kid playing in the lower leagues in Germany in a position well down the priority list in terms of what we need, on a short term loan baring in mind Mowbray and his reluctance to play new players for ages even if they are domestic players. I will give him a chance but on paper it is not a signing that in any way excites me.

Just feels very flat. Our squad is lacking in a number of areas and our lack of inspiraton and attacking threat is magnified with the unfortunate loss of our talisman. Bundled out of the cup, our form spiralling in the League following Dacks injury and seemingly penniless, I am not sure what there is to be excited or enthused about. Teams around us seem to be adding quality or making a conscious effort to improve, with Preston signing Sinclair, Bristol City signing Neketiah, Swansea signing Brewster, Boro signing Roberts, all the while Mowbray says he has no money after blowing 12m on shite. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you.In the club's mind it's probably all out about Re-sale value,thus far they haven't worked out but Armstrong, Brererton and Gallagher all young and all English if any of them where a success then you talking about doubling,tripling or even higher when we sell them on

Great in theory but we are hardly good at it. 

A Grabban or an Assombolonga, perhaps even a Bamford instead of both of BB and SG and I bet you we would be in with a much better chance of promotion and the 100 billion willions tv deal that will cover any non-profit we make selling the striker on for. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Ya, but we signed Johnson and Downing and gave them big signing on fees. I have nothing at all against those transfers at all, I just don't see why we can't stretch that to wages if it works out the same. 

Indeed, I have no doubt that's the thinking on those lads 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Great in theory but we are hardly good at it. 

A Grabban or an Assombolonga, perhaps even a Bamford instead of both of BB and SG and I bet you we would be in with a much better chance of promotion and the 100 billion willions tv deal that will cover any non-profit we make selling the striker on for. 

I agree with you.Im sure any supporter would but the club have chosen to go down a different path.

We have to be a bit realistic  it's not going to happen with the Venkys in charge where we will pay the transfer fee and the salary required to buy quality proven players.

Mowbray was interested in Bamford when we came back up and said the fee and salary wasn't viable

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree with you.Im sure any supporter would but the club have chosen to go down a different path.

We have to be a bit realistic  it's not going to happen with the Venkys in charge where we will pay the transfer fee and the salary required to buy quality proven players.

Mowbray was interested in Bamford when we came back up and said the fee and salary wasn't viable

I would take 1 Bamford over Gallagher and Brereton. Would certainly have been cheaper too!