BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, Dr X said:

A striker. 

The combined fees for gally and Brereton would have signed (sp) assomabinlonga from boro. 

Said this the other day, but if I were Madame and Tony came cap in hand to me for a striker I’d tell him where to go. 1 goal in god knows how many appearances between our £12 million men.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Said this the other day, but if I were Madame and Tony came cap in hand to me for a striker I’d tell him where to go. 1 goal in god knows how many appearances between our £12 million men.

I despise the Chokers with a vengeance but if they tell Mowbray to get lost if he asks for more money in January I wouldn't blame them !

• Like 1

Not sure the team needs much. An experienced keeper and a good striker, and maybe a hard as nails centre back. I think right back is a weak link but that could be improved by playing Nayambe or the City lad, and a top class centre back (for this level) would be also good - although again if played perhaps the City lad could improve there. so realistically only one defender may be possibly needed. 

The novel concept of a goal scoring striker would cure many ills - though TM can't spot them to save his life - whilst I still think the keeper position is not great. So not much is needed in the squad. Most of the answers, both fortunately and frustratingly, are on the bench. 

1 hour ago, Dr X said:

Thanks for that Tyrone.

Pity he was a cracking player whilst here.

Reminiscing we could have had King left, Rhodes centre and Gestede on the right.  Well that's how TM would play them haha.

Nah, he'd have had Rhodes on the left wing and King on the right.

I've seen a few decent strikers over the years for Rovers who could head the ball but only Jim Fryatt comes near to Rudy in the heading department. He was exceptional.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Lol, Rhodes playing wide I would like to see. 

He was immense in the air and an awesome TM in FM. Twas dead easy to win promotion and even the Premier with those two. But regardless of old hobbies we need someone who can stick the ball in the net frequently. 

Are there any good lower league players banging then in? 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nah, he'd have had Rhodes on the left wing and King on the right.

I've seen a few decent strikers over the years for Rovers who could head the ball but only Jim Fryatt comes near to Rudy in the heading department. He was exceptional.

Roque was as good at it, for me, especially considering the higher level.

2 hours ago, Dr X said:

Are there any good lower league players banging then in? 

That question made me check out how the League One top scorers are looking. A couple of lads have 8 goals.

Marcus Maddison has 6 goals and 6 assists...

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

That question made me check out how the League One top scorers are looking. A couple of lads have 8 goals.

Marcus Maddison has 6 goals and 6 assists...

Lol, I did the same. Peterborough have a number of players who are scoring for fun, 2 strikers on 8 and maddison, as you said. That's quite some number from three players, but I guess they will want top dollar for their stars. 

There must be a freebie somewhere who can aid us? 

• Like 1

Never been convinced by this goal keeper , I said at the time it feels like he's a stop gap until we signe the one Mowbray really wants next summer ... I would much prefer Nyambe at right back instead of Bennett but that said we have improved defensively this year as a collective unit , midfield is looking pretty decent now , Travis Johnson Holtby Buckley Downing (when needed)  and Evans gives us good coverage there . Where we are clearly struggling at the moment is goals Dack Armstrong Gally Rothwell And Brereton just aren't producing at the moment for one reason or another and if that's still the case come January some surgery need to take place there 

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Roque was as good at it, for me, especially considering the higher level.

Yes he was, I'd briefly forgotten about him. He was up there with Gestede and Fryatt. Best header of a ball we ever had was Mike England, He was 6' 3" and he could really jump but he wasn't normally a striker. .

Regarding lower league goalscorers - Henderson at Rochdale has a brilliant record inspite of playing in a very average team and not always being used as a striker. . I'd have signed him a couple of seasons ago but I think that ship has sailed because of his age now though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• 3 weeks later...

Philipp Ziereis - CB at St Pauli in the German Second Tier. Could grab for a million and under, only 26, and a nice height at 6ft 3".

Jannik Müller - CB at Dresden, also in the German Second Tier. Again worth a million or less, 25 years old and a good height at 6ft 2".

Ibrahim Dresevic - CB at Heerenveen in the Dutch League. Would cost a few bob with him only being 22 years old, around 6ft 1".

Arbenit Xhemajli - CB at NE Xamax in the Swiss Super League. Big lad at 6ft 3", only 21 years of age, wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

There are centre-backs out there across Europe. They may not be world beaters, or maybe they might be, but we NEED defenders and if I had the time or the motivation I could list another 20 players just like the ones above. Surely one of said 20 players is available at a cheap enough price. We have to invest in the defence if we want to firstly stay up, and secondly push on in this division.

Just now, JoeH said:

Philipp Ziereis - CB at St Pauli in the German Second Tier. Could grab for a million and under, only 26, and a nice height at 6ft 3".

Jannik Müller - CB at Dresden, also in the German Second Tier. Again worth a million or less, 25 years old and a good height at 6ft 2".

Ibrahim Dresevic - CB at Heerenveen in the Dutch League. Would cost a few bob with him only being 22 years old, around 6ft 1".

Arbenit Xhemajli - CB at NE Xamax in the Swiss Super League. Big lad at 6ft 3", only 21 years of age, wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

There are centre-backs out there across Europe. They may not be world beaters, or maybe they might be, but we NEED defenders and if I had the time or the motivation I could list another 20 players just like the ones above. Surely one of said 20 players is available at a cheap enough price. We have to invest in the defence if we want to firstly stay up, and secondly push on in this division.

Did you find them on Football Manager?

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

We need a couple of players who like a tackle and who like getting their head on the ball. If they can play a bit on the ball that's a bonus.

Just now, Amo said:

Did you find them on Football Manager?

Nope, several ways, but not Football Manager. What else do you want me to use?

I've easily found four players there and I'd be happy with any one of them signing, good age, good height, centre-backs. We literally have one, and he's injured.

Just now, JoeH said:

Nope, several ways, but not Football Manager. What else do you want me to use?

I've easily found four players there and I'd be happy with any one of them signing, good age, good height, centre-backs. We literally have one, and he's injured.

If your referring to lenihan, he isn’t one