BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He'd have been on the opposite flank to Chapman in the under 23s if he'd joined us. Must be gutted the lad: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/14/do-exclusive-how-blackburn-missed-out-on-burnley-star-dwight-mcn/

“Now, he was set up to go to Blackburn Rovers but I intervened and sent him to Burnley. I said; ‘Don’t go to Blackburn, go to Burnley’ because Blackburn were on a downward slope at the time"

Can't really argue with that.

But we spend 7 million on a teenage sub of no real pedigree then we pay a large loan fee for a kid defender to play in the centre filling in for / replacing internationals. Oh and we sign an injury prone young winger, get him fit then ignore him when he's just what the team is crying out for.

What a plan !

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Amo said:

“Now, he was set up to go to Blackburn Rovers but I intervened and sent him to Burnley. I said; ‘Don’t go to Blackburn, go to Burnley’ because Blackburn were on a downward slope at the time"

Can't really argue with that.

Nope. As I say, he’d have needed counselling by now I’d suspect if he’d joined then and stuck around til now.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Article by FLW about 5 potential January incoming transfers

2 keepers, left back and centre back plus a striker

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/5-championship-players-blackburn-rovers-should-consider-a-move-for-this-january/

Just a clickbait article really, someone suggesting who we should look at rather than any actual links to those players.

I would only take Jake Cooper and possibly Stephen Kingsley from that list - simply because they are defenders.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Just a clickbait article really, someone suggesting who we should look at rather than any actual links to those players.

I would only take Jake Cooper and possibly Stephen Kingsley from that list - simply because they are defenders.

Would take Kingsley and forest keeper

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Doubt Coops would come as I have said various times, Nottingham as far up he'd go.

12 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He moans about Chapman etc but has he even been watching Arma? 

There's no parallel for me having watched both on at least 6/7 occasions this season. Armstrong (whilst frustrating at times) is a much better player.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Article by FLW about 5 January incoming transfers we could consider

2 keepers, left back and centre back plus a striker

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/5-championship-players-blackburn-rovers-should-consider-a-move-for-this-january/

Pantillimon, Cooper and Kingsley for me.

Dawson looks no better than Walton and  Winnall certainly isn't the answer up top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

There's no parallel for me having watched both on at least 6/7 occasions this season. Armstrong (whilst frustrating at times) is a much better player.

I feel that if you gave Chapman a run of 3 or 4 games in the first team his quality would come through. 

He has obviously got a few attitude issues, but when he sees the first team doing so badly and he can't even get a place on the bench, his morale is bound to drop. 

We can't do any worse with him in the team than we are at present. The same could be said for 3 or 4 of the U23s. 

Time to roll the dice Tony. Take off your blinkers and realise that there are other options within the club.

If his job is as safe as it appears then why wouldn't he gamble?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don't see how Chapman could be any less effective than Armstrong if I'm honest.

And if he had the amount of (first time) game time that Armstrong has somehow had, it could do him the world of good.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, JoeH said:

And so he should be at this juncture but the team needs something a bit different.  It's crying out for an out and out winger and we've absolutely nothing to lose by giving him a go. If it doesn't work out then it's back to the drawing board again and they have to decide what to do with Chapman then, loan or whatever.

For a manager who's so quick to swap players and systems it's odd he won't give this kid a shot again, he signed him. Is he so terrified of having to remove another old fav off the bench to do so ? 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, frosty said:

I don't see how Chapman could be any less effective than Armstrong if I'm honest.

And if he had the amount of (first time) game time that Armstrong has somehow had, it could do him the world of good.

I do. Chapman is nowhere near his level.

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I feel that if you gave Chapman a run of 3 or 4 games in the first team his quality would come through. 

He has obviously got a few attitude issues, but when he sees the first team doing so badly and he can't even get a place on the bench, his morale is bound to drop. 

We can't do any worse with him in the team than we are at present. The same could be said for 3 or 4 of the U23s. 

Time to roll the dice Tony. Take off your blinkers and realise that there are other options within the club.

If his job is as safe as it appears then why wouldn't he gamble?

I agree, I think Joe Rankin-Costello is MUCH more deserving of a shot over Adam Armstrong.

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I agree, I think Joe Rankin-Costello is MUCH more deserving of a shot over Adam Armstrong.

I would agree with this

54 minutes ago, frosty said:

Have you seen Chapman played for under 23's this season? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you seen Chapman played for under 23's this season? 

I haven't, and I appreciate others have, but I just think Armstrong is a waste of a shirt almost every week and I don't think there's anything to lose by giving Chapman a few chances. 

• Like 4

In a normal world, JRC and maybe even Butterworth would be worthy of a first team chance on form for the U23s.

But we know Mowbray doesn't work like that.

The frustration is that he's so inconsistent. 

Last season Brereton was so bad in every game he played (including U23s I seem to remember) yet he gets chances in the first team. Why Chapman isn't treated the same I don't know, because at least he's shown some promise in the appearances he made in League One.

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

If TM is still there then how much are we imagining the transfer kitty will be in January? 

Well, we were told we had money left over from last seasons transfer budget. So that on top of the 'similar' transfer budget we were told we had this season compared to last season, about 8 million considering our net spend of 2 million this year.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Well, we were told we had money left over from last seasons transfer budget. So that on top of the 'similar' transfer budget we were told we had this season compared to last season, about 8 million considering our net spend of 2 million this year.

Enough for a keeper, left back and centre back then!!

" Tony do we need a striker"

"Yeah we need one of those too"

"Then use our player of the year from last year you tosspot!" 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

If TM is still there then how much are we imagining the transfer kitty will be in January? 

Doubt there will be any spending. It will be a loan or two to plug gaps. January is a 'tough time' to do business especially when you've no money and are behind everyone else.